Author Topic: TAR 19: Liz Canavan & Marie Canavan (Twins)  (Read 70935 times)

Offline markushsieh

• RFF Not So Newbie
TAR 19: Liz Canavan & Marie Canavan (Twins)
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:10:44 AM »

Photo credit to Sonja Flemming/CBS

LIZ CANAVAN (left)
Hometown: Deerfield, Ill.
Current occupation: Marketing assistant

MARIE CANAVAN
Current occupation: Soul searching

Connection to teammate: Twins

First reveal credit to Dalton Ross: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20524230,00.html

Photo credit to Sonja Flemming/CBS                                                                               
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:02:30 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19: Liz Canavan & Marie Canavan (Twins)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »
i love these girls i hope they make it far then last twins

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:15:16 PM »
We. Haven't. Had. A. Pair. Of. Female. Twins. Since. Kami. And. Karli.

AND... I... LOVE... KAMI... AND... KARLI.

My first hand impression... I LOVE THEM. But my first hand impression also tells me that they won't last till the Final 8.

Final 8/9 elimination.. PRAYS THAT I AM WRONG. :'( (GUT)

I'm going to be daring and predict them to be as clueless as Kami and Karli and make the Final 6 at least! GO TWINS!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:18:53 PM by Joab »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
They actually look like they could be interesting.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 12:42:28 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K-6qXTlQnHM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K-6qXTlQnHM</a>

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:58:06 PM »
We. Haven't. Had. A. Pair. Of. Female. Twins. Since. Kami. And. Karli.

AND... I... LOVE... KAMI... AND... KARLI.

I'm going to be daring and predict them to be as clueless as Kami and Karli and make the Final 6 at least! GO TWINS!
I loved Kami & Karli too...their cluelessness was just so fun to watch   :hearts:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 05:23:57 PM »
They remind me a bit of Sam and Renae, but I just don't think they're going to be as strong.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:27:54 PM »
They remind me a bit of Sam and Renae, but I just don't think they're going to be as strong.

No all female team will ever be as awesome as Sam & Renae!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 09:52:26 PM »

No all female team will ever be as awesome as Sam & Renae!

Agree!

But I'm definitely rooting for Liz & Marie!  :wohoo:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 11:20:57 PM »
I love how they finish each others sentences, soooo cute! Definitely one my favourites
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 03:46:38 AM »
Liz is wearing a blue watch and Marie a red one. Let's hope that they will keep them otherwise there is no way I will be able to tell them apart!

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 04:28:52 AM »
what kind of job is "soul searching"? Is it like ghostbuster or something?  :duno:
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 08:26:59 AM »
I am 100% rooting for this team!! :jam: :hearts:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 09:38:21 AM »
Liz is wearing a blue watch and Marie a red one. Let's hope that they will keep them otherwise there is no way I will be able to tell them apart!
Liz has the long hair. Hopefully they don't put their hair up differently while on the race.

Offline calphin

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Did I leave the stove on?
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »
I always root for all-female teams even before the Race starts, so, now I love them! Go go go!  :hoot:
And true, they somehow remind me of Sam & Renae too.  :snicker:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 01:12:38 PM »
Liz has the long hair. Hopefully they don't put their hair up differently while on the race.

They both have long hair ??? And you can tell by the way they sit. Liz will always be on the viewers left and Marie on the right.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »

They both have long hair ??? And you can tell by the way they sit. Liz will always be on the viewers left and Marie on the right.

I guess saying that her hair's in a braid would be more correct but that doesn't have an "L" in it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 11:14:31 PM »
I'm definitely rooting for this team.... no surprise. :neener: :lol:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 03:15:09 AM »
I love this ones too!! And I love the "Soul searching" thing, :lol3:

I've got my Final 3 now, :lol:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
I'm getting Kami/Karli vibes :lol:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 03:21:52 AM »
Team 3: Liz and Marie (Twins)

Liz Canavan

Connection to your teammate: Twin sister

Current occupation: Marketing assistant

Describe what you do: I just graduated from the University of Kentucky and I’m working as a marketing assistant at the Great American Group.

How will these skills help you win The Race? Even though I am at a weird stage in my life and have no idea what I want to do, I feel that I have the confidence to do anything I want.

Three words to describe you: Outgoing, adventurous, ambitious

Favorite hobbies: Swimming, hanging out with friends and living life to the fullest 

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kate Hudson

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Charlize Theron

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Graduating college from the University of Kentucky

What scares you most about traveling? I have no fears. The worst thing has already happened to me, the passing of my Dad.

What excites you most about traveling? I love experiencing new things, different cultures and the different ways people live has always been a curiosity of mine.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are so close that we tend to pick out each other’s faults. We need to work on not fighting so much.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She is very bossy and tells me what to do all the time. Plus, she always thinks she’s right.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I have always wanted to go to South Africa. I’ve heard it is a beautiful place.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope that we stop bickering so much and learn to deal with each other’s faults.

Marie Canavan

Connection to your teammate: Twin sister

Current occupation: Soul searching

Describe what you do: I am a college graduate living my quarter-life crisis, but enjoying life and job hunting. 

How will these skills help you win The Race? Because I’m looking for an adventure and I have a lot of ambition.

Three words to describe you: Compassionate, ambitious and logical.

Favorite hobbies: Going out with friends, walking around Chicago with a cup of coffee and reading.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kate Hudson

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Anne Hathaway

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Graduating college from the University of Kentucky and saving lives on the beach when I lifeguarded.

What scares you most about traveling? Not being able to communicate with people because of language barriers.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing different parts of the world and learning about their history and cultures. I’m a history nerd.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Liz needs to think through things with her brain before reacting to a situation. This is a constant issue we fight about. 

Pet peeve about your teammate: She relies on me to do everything that is important and make all the difficult decisions.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Egypt, because it blows my mind how they built the pyramids. Their history and culture is fascinating to me.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain more of an understanding of how my twin operates, and how the heck we are going to function as a team in The Race.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-amazing-race/bios?id=team-bios
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 03:34:31 AM by kiki »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 08:06:19 PM »
I'll miss this team. They're positive, willing to root for one another, don't really quarrel. And to be frank, they didn't run like a bad leg on the leg they got eliminated. Maybe it got edited out.. but I supposed it's times up for them.

I wished they stayed. It's been a long time since I liked a team so much... How I wished Jeremy and Sandy was eliminated instead. :'(

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 08:23:58 PM »
I'll miss this team. They're positive, willing to root for one another, don't really quarrel. And to be frank, they didn't run like a bad leg on the leg they got eliminated. Maybe it got edited out.. but I supposed it's times up for them.

I wished they stayed. It's been a long time since I liked a team so much... How I wished Jeremy and Sandy was eliminated instead. :'(

I had fingers crossed in the last minutes of the episode... I really believe that what made us think they were almost tied has just been the editing. Maybe they weren't that paired up... at all.

I love this team, really. They enjoyed everything despite knowing they were in a race. Why not completing tasks while having fun with elephants?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 08:50:47 PM »
Yes, they were truly loving of the culture/nature and most expects of this race. When they couldn't get a cab driver, when they couldn't pay their cab... they didn't freak out and knew it was their fault and begged really nicely.. I guess the driver loved their attitude and even sent them to their bus!

It's been a long time since we last saw a COMPLETE team purely having fun on the race. Mallory was close.. but Gary seems more focus on the racing expect. Liz and Marie reminded me a lot of Oswald and Danny's spirit this leg.. not really close, but they did really good with the elephants. It may just be one task but it shows their attitude. :(

I'm really sad.. but I guess well.. it happens.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 01:21:58 AM »
Amazing Race's Liz and Marie: Our Cabbie Ripped Us Off
Oct 24, 2011 by Joyce Eng

Liz And MarieKat Dennings and Beth Behrs aren't the only 2 Broke Girls on CBS. Liz and Marie Canavan didn't have a penny to their name when they arrived in Bangkok on The Amazing Race after giving all their cash to a cabbie. So they were forced to walk most of the way to their destination, eventually leading to their elimination. "I think we could've caught up had we had money," Liz tells TVGuide.com. "We could've taken cabs and you saw how unpredictable that got." The twins did get two free cab rides — albeit too late — but they don't regret not asking for them earlier. Find out why — and why they love elephants.

How far behind Jeremy and Sandy were you?
Marie: Well, we were probably an hour behind them. An hour to two hours. ... We knew we were last.

How come you guys were so short on money when Laurence and Zac could afford two sets of bus tickets?
Marie: Well, we all started [the leg] with $186. When we arrived at that bus station, our cab driver wanted $190 and we didn't have that. And we had to buy bus tickets that were $15 each, so we first gave him money and he was like, "No way," so we said we'll get our bus tickets and then see what happens. So we bought our bus tickets and literally had nothing left to pay him because he wanted more. So there was a big fight about that. So finally the cab driver knew we had nothing, so he was like, "All right, whatever." ... Then he was like, "OK, get back in." We were like, "You just fought with us for half an hour and now you're giving us a free ride to the bus? What the heck?" So on the bus to Bangkok, we were like, "What are we going to do?" We literally had no money.
Liz: We didn't even know what to expect in Bangkok. We didn't even know where the bus terminal was, like the countryside or the city. We were so blinded.

Why was your fare higher? The other teams that were shown only paid $150. Was he ripping you off?
Liz: He was totally ripping us off.
Marie: It was luck of the draw what your cab driver was willing to take.

Last leg, you said you didn't exchange your Indonesian money for Thai money. Did that affect your money stash?
Marie: No. When we arrived in Phuket, that was a problem, but once we started this leg, we had the correct money, so that wasn't even the issue. It was literally getting screwed by that cab driver.
Liz: Yeah, and we knew we weren't dead last. Our [bus] was at 8:15 and [Laurence and Zac's] was at 8, so it was a 15-minute difference. ... But we didn't leave until closer to 9 because [we had to settle with our cabbie].

Did the bus actually wait for you when you were bargaining with the cabbie?
Liz: Yeah, so after we bought the tickets, the bus left and the lady was nice enough to call the bus driver and have him wait for us.

How come you got to the bus station so late? You saw Bill and Cathi at the elephants and they got on the 5:30 bus.
Liz: We don't know. We never got lost. I think we left so much later than the other teams that even when saw Bill and Cathi, the elephant ride still took a long time and I think that they were able to make up time that we couldn't make up.
Marie: We never had the chance to make up time. We left last and we couldn't catch up. I was thinking after the Spirit House [we had a chance] if we caught up with teams at the bus terminal, but once we got there, we were like, "We're so screwed." But you're not going to give up.

How long did you walk in Bangkok before getting that free ride?
Liz: We walked for, like, four hours. We just knew we couldn't give up. We were like, "We're just going to try to get to this Pit Stop no matter what." Every time we asked [how long it would take] we'd get "three blocks" or "15 hours." [Laughs] We were literally on the highway and we would stop motorbike people and ask if we were going the right way. They would all laugh, like, "What are you doing?" I think they all knew how far away it was. They were like, "Yeah, it's that way, but you're never gonna get there."

You made a point of not begging locals for money.
Marie: Well, along the highway were poor people and they were also begging for money. Liz and I aren't like that. We can suck this up. Even if we had to walk, we can walk. I'm not going to ask people who have nothing for something. It wasn't worth it. ... Also, our dad never drove. He was blind in one eye, so he never got a driver's license and he walked literally everywhere. He was like, "If I can do it, you can do it." He took the train every day to work and we lived in the city, so he walked everywhere. So we were like, "OK, we can suck it up and try it."

Then you saw a cabbie and asked him for a free ride?
Liz: Yeah, first he laughed in our face and was like, "Get out of here!" Finally, I think he felt so bad for us and he took us halfway.
Marie: While we were walking, we flagged cabs down. Everyone just laughed at us. It wasn't like we weren't asking [cabbies] the whole time, but just not aggressively. We don't regret that at all. We were fine if we had to walk all the way. I think it was the luck of the draw finding these two cabbies who would drive us for free.

Why do you love elephants so much?
Marie: I love them because they have the closest emotions to humans, so they grieve like humans and they're just so cute! I love them! [When we saw them] I dropped my backpack and just ran into the water.
Liz: Marie threw herself at it! We were happier than they portrayed on TV. We were elated!
Marie: When we were driving we saw a sign that said "Baby elephants" and we were like, "No! Way!"
Liz: Since that was part of the day, we were like, "It's not a bad day."

What are you up to now?
Marie: I'm working at Penny's From Heaven. It's a baby store in Lake Forest [Illinois]. And applying for jobs. I have a job interview with Blue Cross Blue Shield Wednesday.
Liz: I'm still working as a marketing assistant at Great American Group.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Liz-Marie-1038952.aspx?rss=breakingnews
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.