Author Topic: TAR 19: Andy Finch & Tommy Czeschin (Friends/former Olympic snowboarders)  (Read 86840 times)

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 19: Andy Finch & Tommy Czeschin (Friends/former Olympic snowboarders)
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2011, 10:03:56 AM »
Boring team.. But their religion belief wow me..  :ascared :ascared

Why? They stand up for what they believe in and practice what they preach.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2011, 10:04:52 AM »
I have a feeling that they won't make it to the finale...  :hearts:

:yess: :hearts: :conf:

:hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

On the other hand, I'm completely sure they will get the million. :neener:

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2011, 10:05:14 AM »
Boring team.. But their religion belief wow me..  :ascared :ascared

Why? They stand up for what they believe in and practice what they preach.

Cause never saw a pair of guys team into religion on TV..  :)
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2011, 10:09:01 AM »
I don't know... something tells me they won't get the million? :duno:

I was very sure when strong teams like Nick and Starr, Tammy and Victor, Meghan and Cheyne, Tyler and James won... but not them. I don't know why. I feel they will do an Eric and Jeremy and lose to a team like BJ and Tyler who stumbled upon an NEL. (Amani and Marcus)

Just saying... :duno:

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2011, 10:42:21 AM »
After Bill & Cathi are gone, I hope they win this.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2011, 08:01:24 PM »
And they're finally gone!!  :wohoo:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2011, 04:20:01 AM »
I don't know... something tells me they won't get the million? :duno:

I was very sure when strong teams like Nick and Starr, Tammy and Victor, Meghan and Cheyne, Tyler and James won... but not them. I don't know why. I feel they will do an Eric and Jeremy and lose to a team like BJ and Tyler who stumbled upon an NEL. (Amani and Marcus)

Just saying... :duno:

:lol: :wohoo: They did lose third place to Amani and Marcus. :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2011, 07:15:44 AM »
It's their own fault but I will miss them :'(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2011, 07:42:53 AM »
I'm actually glad they're gone, don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Andy and Tommy. Hell I was a huge fan of them early in the season. However their comment in the 5th leg (Indonesia) really turned me off.

"God is definitely greater than the temple. There is only one true god"

Now now, I'm all about being devoted to your religion (even though I don't have one), but disrespecting another religion on live tv like that is unacceptable and almost sickening. How would you feel if muslims/buddhists started saying your god doesn't exist and that it's all fake?

I'm sure if was just a Freudian slip and they didn't mean to be disrespectful like that, they're obviously two very nice and well brought up guys, but it doesn't change the fact that they said those words.

Another thing I really dislike is their constant first place finished, there's nothing wrong with a team being strong, but too much is too much. I know it's stupid to think badly of a team because they perform so strong, but I just can't help it. And the constant winning seemed to have given them a bit of a cocky attitude. I hope the elimination will help them be humbled a bit.

In all, their elimination in 4th was perfect, and it gives an extremely well balanced final 3, the winner is anybody's guess.

(If these two made it to the final three, it's pretty safe to say they'll win
then again, there's a mental challenge)
Bring on the 21!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
I didn't watch last night because I didn't care to actually see them get eliminated. I just want to say that I think they raced an awesome race and I will forever place them as one of my favorite teams. I still don't get all the hate they got from people here because they were a strong M/M team. They weren't the first, and they won't be the last.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2011, 12:08:44 PM »
Pre-show: LOOOOOVED THEM
Leg 1 - 4: LOOOOOOVED THEM with a little bit of STOPPPPWINNNNIIIINNNG
Leg 5: Pivotal point. Definitely NOT in my love list. :|
Leg 6 - 10: As they continue winning, they plummet down the border between not-loving-them and hate
Leg 11: bye. <333333333333333

LOL I hate people who dominate in real life. Plus I hate people who has no respect about another religion, like srsly. I would have hated them, but I loved their calmness in the race, so that's why I *kinda* not loving them :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2011, 12:46:08 PM »
Love them so much but I'm happy they got eliminated to give chance to the other 3 teams.
They're so much compensated already; trips, cash & cars. It's as good as million dollars :)
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2011, 01:19:27 PM »
Pre-show: LOOOOOVED THEM
Leg 1 - 4: LOOOOOOVED THEM with a little bit of STOPPPPWINNNNIIIINNNG
Leg 5: Pivotal point. Definitely NOT in my love list. :|
Leg 6 - 10: As they continue winning, they plummet down the border between not-loving-them and hate
Leg 11: bye. <333333333333333

LOL I hate people who dominate in real life. Plus I hate people who has no respect about another religion, like srsly. I would have hated them, but I loved their calmness in the race, so that's why I *kinda* not loving them :lol:

:lol:

Offline stasf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2011, 03:45:59 PM »
I hope they will be in next Unfinished buisness (if there is going to be some).

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2011, 04:56:03 PM »
I didn't watch last night because I didn't care to actually see them get eliminated. I just want to say that I think they raced an awesome race and I will forever place them as one of my favorite teams. I still don't get all the hate they got from people here because they were a strong M/M team. They weren't the first, and they won't be the last.

Well, I've rarely if ever loved an Alpha-Male team, so that's why they weren't among my favorite teams.  And their attitude towards the religion in Thailand (I think) also hurt them in my eyes.  But there were others I hated more than them.

Belle Book

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
KARMA for having stollen 4 wins from other teams!! :lol3:

I guess bad luck needed to come for them one leg or another after so much good luck...and it came fast & hard :ascared

But I think that I would have like them more if they didnt won that much legs.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2011, 06:43:09 PM »
But I think that I would have like them more if they didnt won that much legs.

Yep, me too! :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2011, 06:47:56 PM »
Amazing Race's Andy and Tommy: We Trusted Our Taxi Driver Too Much

After dominating The Amazing Race  this season - winning six legs - Andy Finch  and Tommy Czeschin  seemed like locks for the final. But taxi luck reared its head again: As they squandered their huge lead, the cab drivers of the other three teams chatted and drove them all to the Pit Stop, ensuring that the former Olympic snowboarders will get the boot - with the dubious honor of having the highest average placement at elimination in all 19 seasons, natch. "It was definitely ironic that our lead ended up hurting us," Tommy tells TVGuide.com. "But it's true reality. Those guys were just in the right place at the right time with the right taxi drivers, and we weren't." See what else they have to say about their surprising elimination, if they got their Mustangs yet, and which team they want to race against.

You obviously were unaware of the group taxi driver group discussion. What was your reaction when you saw it last night?
Tommy: It was crazy watching the show last night. We weren't the only ones to not figure it out off the bat. It made us feel a little better about not getting the clue the first time. Our driver was just not in the loop.

Some fans think it's not fair that two teams made the final on luck, but taxi luck has always been part of the race.
Andy: Yeah, taxi luck is a huge part of the race! Going into it, we knew that some taxis were better than others and that could be the end of you. In this case, it was. We told our guy to go to Balboa, and we passed through Balboa and he took us to the Panama Canal. I don't know why! [Laughs] I guess he thought we were tourists. We couldn't really communicate with him. We were just like, "I guess we got to see the Panama Canal. That's cool." I think what's really neat about this show is it shows how people deal with life. Life isn't always fair. We all know people who've had cancer and it's not fair when people get cancer. It's silly to compare that, but it's life and you've got to deal with it. ... Those teams got some extra information and took it. Good for them. We would've done the same thing if we were in the group of taxis and we didn't know where we were going. Some people might think they cheated, but they didn't do anything wrong. They followed the rules. There's nothing in the clue about the taxis talking.

Why didn't you ask your cabbie to go back to the square when you saw that you were passing Balboa?
Tommy: We trusted our taxi driver a little too much. He was super confident that he was going to take us where we wanted to go. But that guy had no idea. [Laughs] There was a lot lost in translation. There were times where we had taxi drivers and we didn't trust them enough. You just don't know.

How much time did you lose in total doing that?
Tommy: We probably lost a good 40-45 minutes. Even at that point, I think we were within the pack, but then we made a couple more wrong directions. From there, we went to the statue of Balboa. It was like we were on a sightseeing tour. We went back to the square and then we followed the wet paint footprint to another square area, and it was just a sign that said there would be construction in the area.

Did you think you were last or were you hoping other teams made the same mistake?
Andy: We didn't think we were last. We knew how hard that clue was, so you just never know. There were two teams who didn't know the clue, so they could've done the same thing we did and gone on a wild goose chase. They could've driven around more than we did.

How disappointing was it to get eliminated after dominating the race? Even Phil  said he expected you to be in the final.
Andy: There were so many things that could've taken us out earlier in the race. We were lucky we didn't get U-Turned. We just really felt like we were blessed to have gone that far. We got to go to all the places the finalists went basically. We have all the stamps in our passports. I think that's the biggest prize on this show - getting to travel the world and seeing the different places.

One of the best moments was when you ran down Ernie  and Cindy  for first place.
Tommy: Yeah! We went all out. We knew Ernie and Cindy were about five minutes ahead of us. We paced ourselves just enough to catch up with them and when we saw them, we really turned it on. That was a serious run right there, but it was worth every step.
Andy: That was hard! We like Ernie and Cindy, and we have no problem sharing the wealth of winning the prizes and stuff, but you can't just give it to anybody. You've got to give it everything you have. When we saw them, there was no way we thought we could catch them. Poor Cindy, man! I don't know if they showed all the bruises she had. She had a really bad wreck with the bike taxis. She'd been through it. We felt bad running them down, but we knew we couldn't give it to them. If they beat us, great! Then they would've beaten us at us trying our best.

Amazing Race's Justin and Jennifer: It was a "huge mistake" not biking back

You guys got a lot of sweet prizes. Did you get your Mustangs yet?
Andy: [Laughs] We're working on that! ... I'm going black on black. How about you, Tommy?
Tommy: Yeah, I mean, you've got to get a black Mustang. ... It's been super fun watching it [with our wives] and having it be a surprise. One of the times was when we were running with the beds in Africa. My wife was saying, when Justin  and Jennifer  checked in first, "Man, couldn't you have picked up the pace and beat them?" I was just holding it in and waiting for the classic "however" from Phil. All the trips, the cash, the Mustangs - we really felt like we ran a great race. It's awesome.

I think a lot of people would agree you guys are shoo-ins for All-Stars or another Unfinished Business. Would you come back?
Andy: I definitely would!
Tommy: Heck yeah! Absolutely! I've been looking at some of the chats and stuff, and people sound like they want the cowboys and us. That would be so fun. I would love to do that!
Andy: How about you race with your wife and I race with my wife, and we'll compete against each other?
Tommy: I'm down with whatever!

You're both not competing anymore, so what are you up to now?
Tommy: I'm coaching with U.S. Snowboarding, so I'm out in Colorado for early season stuff. The Grand Prix is this weekend. Dew Tour is the following weekend. And just trying to stay warm out here in Colorado.
Andy: I had two major shoulder surgeries six weeks ago and eight weeks ago, so I'm just healing up. I'm taking time to get the body strong again so I can do some more filming. I'm doing some commentating and some traveling.

View original Amazing Race's Andy and Tommy: We Trusted Our Taxi Driver Too Much  at TVGuide.com
Related Articles on TVGuide.com
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »
They're gracious losers :tup:, but like BJ and Tyler, I believe they won't get another shot at Allstars.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
They're gracious losers :tup:, but like BJ and Tyler, I believe they won't get another shot at Allstars.

Oh I'm not shure about that :res:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2011, 10:31:30 AM »
'The Amazing Race' Andy, Tommy Q&A: 'Life is an adventure every day'

While Andy Finch and Tommy Czeschin seemed to be unstoppable - winning six legs of The Amazing Race - things started going wrong once they made it to Panama. While they were the first pair to complete their shoe-making roadblock, the professional snowboarders made a wrong turn during the pit stop when they misunderstood a clue and turned up at the wrong place. Unfortunately, the mistake cost them the game and after being the last to arrive at the check-in point, they were eliminated and sent home.

Digital Spy spoke to Andy (30) and Tommy (32) to hear about their travels, their laid-back demeanors and who they'd like to see win the competition.

What was the highlight of your experience?
Andy: "The highlight for me was getting the cultural experiences. Thailand in a boat was sensory overload - going to those islands and being in the water. Then going to Africa and the rich culture they have. Despite the fact that their average age expectancy is 37 years, they're just so rich with dancing and singing."
Tommy: "I think Thailand was so rad, just being in boats and on the water, navigating on the islands. Africa was also super rad. It was super fun getting to know the other teams and getting to hang with them. You'd be racing on your own and then get to a train or a bus station or airport where everyone was and get talking. That was really neat."

Was there a particular city or country that you plan on returning to in the future?
Tommy: "Indonesia, I'd love to go back to and get out of the city and maybe go to some of the different islands. And definitely Thailand."
Andy: "Ireland was on my bucket list and it's the first leg we won. I thought, no way! That was the place I really wanted to go and we won it."

You guys were notoriously relaxed throughout the competition. Do you think your laid-back attitude helped or hurt you in the long run?
Andy: "It was definitely a blessing. We had one strategy going into this race and it was to face it in God's word and lean on him and give him our faith. Every day, before every leg, we would surrender in prayer and give it over to him. We were relaxed in every leg and you could see that."
Tommy: "Just being chill about everything and getting along during every leg really helped us. We didn't do a lot of arguing and worked well together. Every leg, we just gave up to God and it was just awesome. We had a great time doing it."

Any plans to embark on any other big adventures together in the future?
Andy: "Heck yeah! Life is an adventure every day, whether it's at home or traveling. I love doing stuff and trying to tackle things that I haven't done before."

Did you prepare at all for the race prior to beginning?
Tommy: "We had a little bit of time before going once we found out we were cast to do the race. We would mountain bike and got together a couple times and got backpacks, ran on the beach, paddle boarded and surfed. We did train a little bit."
Andy: "Yeah, and wearing the packs to see where we would get wear spots. When you're running around, those things are bouncing around and you're going to get sore spots. Part of training is building up the skin."

After losing your way and heading towards Balboa, was there a point when you realized you might well be out?
Tommy: "One thing you learn in The Amazing Race is to never give up. We really just had an idea that we were coming in last, but you don't know 100%. We ran it and we didn't give up. We kept chipping away at it until we got the location of the pit stop and we gave it 100% until we hit that part."

Having been in the lead for so long, Sandy put your success down to luck. Was it luck, or was it skill?
Andy: "That's hard to say, you know? One thing that did go well is that Tommy and I were a good team. We took to each other, we respected each other and that made us strong and that counted for a lot of it. Though some of it was way out of our control, so whether you call it luck or God's will... I think God was running with us. I don't know if he helps with that, but he showed his blessings all along and made strengths out of our weaknesses."

You really loved the culture in Panama. Was that a particularly special place?
Tommy: "Panama was rad! It was so fun to travel around the world and see all the different locations. You're in the city one day and on the coast another. It's just so cool what a great mix of locations you go to. But Panama was really cool, so if anyone ever needs a tour guide, Andy and I definitely know our way around Panama now."

Was it more difficult to come in last after having been on such a high previously with six consecutive wins?
Andy: "It wasn't super hard because we could have been eliminated way earlier. We'd made quite a few mistakes earlier on in the race and we felt blessed to make it that far. You just never know. We had a pretty good idea we were the last team but we didn't know for sure. We ran like we were running to win. You take the good with the bad - we were blessed sometimes, and sometimes we got a bad break. It was a bad break that time. I feel so blessed to have made it as far as we did and see so much of the world."

What was the hardest part of the Amazing Race experience that you didn't anticipate prior to competing?
Tommy: "For us, some of the hardest were the mental tasks, but we were able to get through mostly all of them. But the traveling... just getting worn down and all that was tough."
Andy: "One thing I didn't anticipate was how hard it would be to book travel last minute. I book travel all the time and have a lot of experience with it but I was shocked. It's really hard to book last minute tickets."

Who would you like to see win?
Andy: "We definitely made friends with all of the teams. Everyone was such a joy. We really hit it off with Marcus and Amani. Marcus is really a hoot - we were cracking up. He and his wife Amani are just really good together and have a great relationship. We also had a neat time with Sandy and Jeremy and all the teams. We have a great respect for everyone."
Tommy: "All the teams were pretty rad. We got to know them really early on and it was a great group of teams."

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2011, 12:12:55 PM »

I was pretty sure BJ and Tyler wouldn't get a shot at all-stars because they weren't the most popular team around. I sincerely believe in my heart that they do check from resources such as online forums/chatrooms for fan favourites and definitely know that it is not the general consensus that people generally like BJ and Tyler during the time of TAR Allstars casting. This is unlike the case for Jet and Cord, where they had raving fans from all over the world as compared to the Hippies. (And it is very hard not to like the cowboys in TAR 16 with teams like Carol and Brandy, Brent and Caite, Louie and Michael in the F5) This is in comparison to Andy and Tommy, where they have their fair share of fans, but also many haters as well.

I am more incline to think Bill and Cathi gets another shot rather than them. :lol:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2011, 12:30:53 PM »

I was pretty sure BJ and Tyler wouldn't get a shot at all-stars because they weren't the most popular team around. I sincerely believe in my heart that they do check from resources such as online forums/chatrooms for fan favourites and definitely know that it is not the general consensus that people generally like BJ and Tyler during the time of TAR Allstars casting. This is unlike the case for Jet and Cord, where they had raving fans from all over the world as compared to the Hippies. (And it is very hard not to like the cowboys in TAR 16 with teams like Carol and Brandy, Brent and Caite, Louie and Michael in the F5) This is in comparison to Andy and Tommy, where they have their fair share of fans, but also many haters as well.

I am more incline to think Bill and Cathi gets another shot rather than them. :lol:

I was saying that about Andy & Tommy :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2011, 01:16:10 PM »
Yea, I was saying I'm pretty sure Andy and Tommy won't get a shot at Allstars. :lol: