Author Topic: TAR 19: Amani & Marcus Pollard (Married)  (Read 57621 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
Re: TAR 19: Amani & Marcus Pollard (Married)
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 05:46:11 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_talk/video/?pid=VmubI6Ofkfynzzalp6yoIq3qroirzbgN&vs=Previews&play=true

The Talk - Amani.. Don't miss it!

Not available for my geographic region. Waiting for some charitable soul that uploads it to Youtube...  :kuss:

Well, that work for me.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 08:01:25 AM »
I like this team more and more with each episode. :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 08:08:49 AM »
Amani & Marcus are my favourite team on the race, and I've loved them from the beginning! They do seem very genuine and loveable, and I absolutely love watching Marcus get excited - such as when he was cheering on his bunny in Denmark, and also in the Malawi tobacco factory! They really are a joy to watch! :hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 08:51:03 AM »
Well, last leg, they really made a great job. It's maybe the first leg they don't make stupid mistakes?

Yes, they started in 4th Place after a bad leg, about 2 hours behind the 1st team, and an hour behind 2nd and 3rd. Who knows why, but they ended the Roadblock (very beginning of the leg) in 2nd place and had a great advantage to the other teams when it came down to going to Hamburg. Then, they were tied, and they were able to complete the Detour in 1st and then win the leg. Really, they made me happy, just to see that some teams are not predictably in 1st forever, and that they can run tough legs without making mistakes.

If they continue this way, I won't mind if they get the million bucks.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 08:55:48 AM »
Well, last leg, they really made a great job. It's maybe the first leg they don't make stupid mistakes?

Yes, they started in 4th Place after a bad leg, about 2 hours behind the 1st team, and an hour behind 2nd and 3rd. Who knows why, but they ended the Roadblock (very beginning of the leg) in 2nd place and had a great advantage to the other teams when it came down to going to Hamburg. Then, they were tied, and they were able to complete the Detour in 1st and then win the leg. Really, they made me happy, just to see that some teams are not predictably in 1st forever, and that they can run tough legs without making mistakes.

I actually think there have been a couple of legs in which Amani & Marcus had really bad luck, such as the first Malawi leg - they didn't make any significant mistakes, but they were behind from the start and had a flat tire.

While they haven't been at the top consistently, I think they have what it takes, and I hope they win! :hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »

I think the reason Marcus and Amani moved up to second place is their navigational skills on the driving  made up some time plus their ability to do what amounted to a very difficult set of poses quicker than 3 other teams.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 02:22:25 AM »
Talking Football with Marcus:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/obde6NQk62U?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/obde6NQk62U?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 10:00:18 AM »
They remind me of Chip and Kim in Season 5 more and more.. Them winning will be wow!!! Go Amani and Marcus!! Team Chip and Kim Deux :)  :hrt:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »
They remind me of Chip and Kim in Season 5 more and more.. Them winning will be wow!!! Go Amani and Marcus!! Team Chip and Kim Deux :)  :hrt:

Do you really want Marcus and Amani to model the behavior of the least deserving Amazing Race winners ever? Chip and Kim got multiple incredible breaks that allowed them to win. If Marcus and Amani win it should be because they actually earn it and I bet that's the way Marcus will want to win AR19.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 01:43:32 PM »
Chip and Kim were not the least deserving winners ever. I believe that Dan and Jordan and Uchenna and Joyce had more luck. Chip and Kim possessed skill at tasks and placed in the top 4 in 10 of the thirteen legs. The other two members of the TAR5 finale had each been saved by a NEL.

ETA: To be fair Uchenna and Joyce had a much better average than Dan and Jordan.

Offline Baboo199

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • living live
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 01:44:35 PM »
i believe is unfair call them team nfl like they do all the time,amani seems not to care about the nfl at all

Online Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »
I'd definitely agree that Dan & Jordan were the least deserving team to win, perhaps followed by Eric & Danielle and Freddy & Kendra.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 06:40:22 PM »
I don't agree with the term "deserving." You win a prize for winning a leg, correct? I don't think a team is undeserving for a prize if they won that leg. They just chose a good leg to win. The best team doesn't always win the final leg.

And apskip, Chip & Kim did get lucky that their slowness at the detour allowed them to get a better flight, but they weren't a bad team.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 11:48:25 PM »
Do you really want Marcus and Amani to model the behavior of the least deserving Amazing Race winners ever? Chip and Kim got multiple incredible breaks that allowed them to win. If Marcus and Amani win it should be because they actually earn it and I bet that's the way Marcus will want to win AR19.

I disagree with that statement. You create your own luck. Colin & Christie got over cocky and confident and didn't research flights. Turned out that Chip & Kim got on an earlier flight. And Chip & Kim were not that bad racers, apart from 5 out of 13 legs, they consistently finished in the top 3.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 12:28:27 AM »
How one comment sparked controversy. :lol:

Amani and Marcus have got the golden winning edit. If they get eliminated next, I'll be really shocked. You know... shocked to the maximum. :lol:

But they're also the weakest team of the entire lot remaining....

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 02:11:11 AM »
How one comment sparked controversy. :lol:

Amani and Marcus have got the golden winning edit. If they get eliminated next, I'll be really shocked. You know... shocked to the maximum. :lol:

But they're also the weakest team of the entire lot remaining....

I agree with you, all the editing is on their favour.

To me, they are not the deserving team to win, not to mention that they were saved once in NEL, they did not perform well in most legs.  The 2 legs they won were also the 2 with bunching in the middle, and they were not good in navigating themselves. They got lost in Denmark, on the way to Hamburg (not shown but they were caught up by Jeremy/Sandy arriving the train station) and also in Belgium (I thought they were also very lost as Amani was quite surprised that they were Team no.4, but no footage (compared with Ernie/Cindy) was shown as well)

However, I sense that producers did not highlight this weakness in their edit, which is similar to the case of Ray/Yolanda to me, so I think it's highly possible that they would make the final 3.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 06:55:54 AM »
Really only Andy and Tommy have consistently performed well enough to "deserve" to win.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »
Really only Andy and Tommy and Ernie and Cindy have consistently performed well enough to "deserve" to win.

Let me correct that :lol:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
Really only Andy and Tommy and Ernie and Cindy have consistently performed well enough to "deserve" to win.

Agree. Ernie & Cindy are the only team left that did not arrived at the pitsop last or second to last ;)

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »

I will go with Prophet on this one. Only Andy and Tommy have had consistently good performance even though several of their leg victories were the results of unbelievably good luck. Although they may deserve to win, the history of Amazing Races is replete with examples of less deserving teams winning. The best examples I can give of this are Chip and Kim in AR5 and Freddie and Kendra in AR6 and Dan and Jordan in AR16. World Race Productions/Earthview sets up the crucial final leg so that all teams in the F3 have a chance to win, so sometimes unexpected events allow the less deserving to win.

Note- thanks to Joab for correcting me on one of the two names for the AR16 winners.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:00:55 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »
And BACK to Amani and Marcus please! You can discuss other teams in the Contestant or Spec threads or in their own threads, okay? Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »

I agree with this. Ernie & Cindy have been very consistent in their placings this season. Sort of reminds me of Kisha & Jennifer last season.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 11:30:54 PM »
The best examples I can give of this are Chip and Kim in AR5 and Freddie and Kendra in AR6 and Sam and Dan in AR16.

Dan and Jordan, you mean? :lol: And Sam and Dan are from Season 15, Meghan and Cheyne (the most deserving ones) won that season. Of course you knew that. :tup:

I do think Amani and Marcus won't be the most deserving team to win. But they are one of those teams who did perform well when it counted and if they win, they might be one of the winners with the worst averages. :lol:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2011, 08:07:32 AM »
At the begining of the season, I though that I would hate them (like the globetrotters? they were mactors?), but as the season goes, my love for them keeps on increasing  :luvya:
I Love love love them now :hugs:
They are fun to watch, they have a nice relationship...and I love underdogs :<3
So glad they are in the finale!! Not shure if there are going to win, but at least they made it till the end :hearts: (a chance that 6th leg was NE)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2011, 08:47:25 PM »
They were headed to the map task the last time we saw them, so I assume they did it; had they been short-circuited to the final mat, I think we've would have been told.

Marcus and Amani discussed the largely unseen portions of their final leg here:

http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/2011/12/12/marcus-pollard-blames-his-big-feet-and-fear-of-flying-to-losing-the-amazing-race/?cxntlid=thbz_hm

They did do the task at the Margaret Mitchell House (Marcus says he struggled with the typing and wasn't sure how long it took). They knew The Dump department store and avoided that pitfall. They also said they solved Hank Aaron clue quickly. Marcus also did the map task and said he wasn't as fast as Cindy because they were "B students".

Also, Marcus blamed the flight simulator errors due to being too big for the cockpit and his feet being too big for the foot pedals. Being tense and afraid of flying didn't help either.

RFF's Golden Rule: