Author Topic: TAR 19: Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca (Dating)  (Read 70771 times)

Offline markushsieh

• RFF Not So Newbie
TAR 19: Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca (Dating)
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:04:04 AM »

Photo credit to Sonja Flemming/CBS

ETHAN ZOHN
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Current occupation: Change maker

JENNA MORASCA
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Current occupation: TV host/student

Connection to teammate: Dating

Official reveal credit to Dalton Ross: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20524230,00.html

Photo credit to Sonja Flemming/CBS
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:41:32 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 19: Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca (Dating)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 08:48:41 AM »
Love them! :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:07:35 AM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2111519375/the-amazing-race-meet-ethan-jenna

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1rBq_NJFSpA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1rBq_NJFSpA</a>
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:20:19 PM by Prophet »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:46:44 AM »
go team survvioir

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »
Team Survivor... very sporty... Survivor winners... BUT... they've had too many chance.

They seemed to be the type of team who will get eliminated by one simple mistake.. one bad move or whatsoever.

Highest might make it till Final 7/8, I believe.. won't be part of the Final 6.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 12:53:41 PM »
I really want them to go far, because Ethan's such a sweet person, but I don't think they will. Like Joab said, one simple mistake will probably eliminate them, and unfortunately, other teams might want them gone because they're 2 million dollars richer than most everyone else

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »
Am I the only person who notices the watches? Last season Mallory had a massive watch but now every team seems to have one. Does each team get a watch now?

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 03:03:17 PM »
LOVE Jenna's shirt!  I'm really looking forward to watching this team!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this lovely couple race! Just to let everyone in US know, us outsiders cannot see the 11 team videos and the Meet the Cast video, so if someone would be so kind as to Youtube them, it would be awesome!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »

I know! :lol: "My mascara runs faster than you" :lol3: <333

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »

I know! :lol: "My mascara runs faster than you" :lol3: <333
If she has more funny shirts like that, then I'm definitely looking forward to watching them :lol3:

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 03:16:32 AM »
Is it just me or Ethan looks like James Franco?  :hrt:
Top 3 please!
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 07:58:29 AM »
They are my team to root for this season :) If they are eliminated early, I will be very sad :(

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 08:23:52 AM »
I'm rooting for them too!  :hearts:

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »
GO ETHAN AND JENNA!!!!!!  :hearts:
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 03:18:46 PM »
GOOO Ethan and Jenna!!!! I'm rooting for them too!!! :hearts:
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 08:42:20 AM »
I'm rooting for this team. But I don't think they can get into Final 6/5.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 01:06:07 PM »
Just finished watching the premiere ep of Everyday Health, and just based on what a beautiful (inside and outside) couple the two of them are, I really want them to make it far, but I don't think they will :(

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »
A People Magazine article about them:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20524759,00.html
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 08:31:39 PM »
Nice one ..thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 10:50:19 PM »
I think they're going to be a really sweet couple on the race... and I may really like them. Love Jenna's shirt too!

I really hope they make it far. They give the Kris/Jon, Meghan and Cheyne vibe.. but also give the token co-ed teams who get eliminated early feel like Cindy and Russell and Allison and Donny.

Here's hoping they make it far! Nice teams should always advance! :neener:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 09:12:15 AM »
I think they're going to be a really sweet couple on the race... and I may really like them. Love Jenna's shirt too!

I really hope they make it far. They give the Kris/Jon, Meghan and Cheyne vibe.. but also give the token co-ed teams who get eliminated early feel like Cindy and Russell and Allison and Donny.

Here's hoping they make it far! Nice teams should always advance! :neener:
I'm going to take a gamble by saying that you probably won't have to worry about Ethan being like Russell.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 12:25:33 PM »
Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca's Real 'Amazing Race': Paying Health Forward

EH: What made you want to do another reality show?

Jenna: We’re both extremely competitive. We take it very seriously, so we’re not joking around on The Amazing Race. We’re focused and stressed.

Ethan: We’re always trying to out-compete each other. It’s not like Everyday Health. During the race, we weren’t stopping and helping kids on the side of the road.

EH: Those two shows, The Amazing Race and Everyday Health, seem to be total opposites of each other. Why do both of them?

Jenna: We’ve been through a lot, but one thing that we continue to learn is the power of the human spirit and how so many people are turning such tragic situations into triumphs.

Ethan: I was really excited that we could be ourselves and have this kind of “pay it forward” experience. With [Everyday Health], we could be the people that make charity and philanthropy cool. How great is that if we can create this mini-revolution of consciousness among everyone who’s watching the show to get off their couch and go do something good.

You don’t have to win Survivor or have a reality show to go out there and do something in this world. All of us can do something like donating blood or dropping off balloons at the hospital.

Read more here:
http://www.everydayhealth.com/cancer/ethan-zohn-and-jenna-morascas-real-amazing-race-paying-it-forward.aspx?xid=tw_everydayhealth_20110921_ehtv
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Sr. Member

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 10:15:22 AM »
'Survivor' star pair take on challenge of 'Amazing Race'
Sunday, September 25, 2011
BY VIRGINIA ROHAN
STAFF WRITER
The Record

Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca, winners at 'Survivor,' are taking on 'The Amazing Race.' 8 tonight, CBS

You get an inkling of what it will be like to watch Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca interacting as a couple on "The Amazing Race" just by asking if they plan to have a big viewing party at their Manhattan apartment tonight.

"We're going to have some friends over, but nothing too major," says Zohn.

"Oh, nothing too major?" Morasca says. "There's 35 people coming."

Zohn — who won "Survivor: Africa" in 2001, when he was an assistant soccer coach at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck — and Morasca, who won "Survivor: The Amazon" in 2003, are among the 11 teams competing in this 19th installment of the 10-year-old "Race." The cast also includes a pair of Olympic snowboarders, twin sisters, flight attendants, waitresses, an ex-NFL tight end (and his wife) and the youngest person to ever sail around the world alone (with his dad for this race).

"It's a great cast this season, a lot of seasoned pros," Morasca says.

Why did they want to do this?

"Well, we love torture," jokes Zohn, who was diagnosed in 2009 with a rare form of Hodgkin's lymphoma, had an autologous stem-cell transplant in early 2010 and is now in remission. "No, basically, what we've been through as a couple … having been through the whole cancer thing together, it's almost like a celebration. You know, it's like I'm healthy now. Here we go. Let's travel around the world … and it's for an awesome, Emmy-winning reality television show."

The couple — who were contestants on "Survivor: All Stars" in late 2003 — also knew that their high-pressure "Survivor" experiences would help them on "Race."

And, Morasca adds, "people haven't seen us interact at all together. On the original 'Survivors,' we were just individuals. And then the [All-Star] 'Survivor,' we were on different teams and we never interacted."

They have finished filming "Race," a global journey of almost 40,000 miles that begins in the foothills of Southern California and takes surviving teams through four continents and 20 cities to, among other destinations, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Malawi, Belgium and Denmark.

Zohn and Morasca can't talk about any of that, of course. Nor can they explain the new penalty called the "Hazard," which, CBS says, "will impact one team's future … right from the starting line."

What we do know is that before they embarked on the race, Zohn taught Morasca how to drive a stick shift.

"Ethan's good at teaching me how to drive stick, but he's also a very bad driver," Morasca says, chuckling.

They also prepared for the show by going to the Warrior Fitness Boot Camp in New York City for hour-long sessions, three to four times a week. "It's run by these two ex-Marines who just put you through the mill with backpacks on," Zohn says.

Before they took off, Zohn suggested to People magazine that he might pop the question to his longtime girlfriend. Whether that transpired is yet another off-limits topic, but Morasca quips, "I'm not gonna wait forever, that's for sure."

Hear that, Ethan?

"This phone is breaking up," he jokes.

Zohn, 37, happily reports that he's feeling great. "I'm full of energy, full of life," he says. "I'm running the New York City Marathon again this year for my charity, Grassroot Soccer."

Read the rest here:

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/130518898__Survivor__star_pair_take_on_challenge_of__Amazing_Race_.html
RFF's Golden Rule: