Author Topic: Waiting...NO MORE!!  (Read 45634 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Waiting...NO MORE!!
« on: August 28, 2011, 12:41:24 PM »
 :groan:  Come on CBS!

Maybe they're having a rain delay  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:11:32 AM by georgiapeach »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Waiting Waiting Waiting
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 03:20:44 PM »
It's hard to know if CBS wants to release the cast officially before Labot Day weekend, or wait until the day after (September 6th).

It also depends on whether CBS media relations that will handle it are based in L.A. or N.Y.C. If the latter, they may decide to wait until after Monday, so that things can recover from any immediate problems from Irene. (i.e., while Manhattan had very few problems, I'm not sure that is the case everywhere in the Tri-State region; as flooding of areas near rivers and creeks due to rain runoff from Irene is going to be an issue in the coming days; there are inland flood warnings from Maine to North Carolina at this point.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »
I believe CBS uses many of the same resources (webmonkeys) for TAR as they do for Big Brother.
So I predict (guess) we won't see a cast release until after BB is done - September 8? Maybe September 12?

But that's just a guess.

We might see a TAR preview during BB on the 8th though...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
Last season we had the reveal 9 days after the Survivor reveal...if they do the same, that makes it this week.  BB isn't over till the 14th. We have BB every year, it has never delayed a release before.

I am hoping for this week, but could be post Labor Day as well? Remember that the webmonkeys don't work weekends or holidays though...

We should def have a preview during the Survivor 1st ep I would think.

Can't wait!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 12:07:51 AM »
Come on! I am as excited too! :snicker:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 04:26:23 AM »
Well, the home page has changed:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/

Say goodbye to TAR 18!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 10:06:19 AM »
It looks like were loosing the little team icons this coming season as well. I always liked using them for leader boards.

Cast release should be this week then if CBS is updating the page and leaving a tab for the 11 news teams.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 10:14:24 AM »
And they still haven't split up the clips by season.

Edit: Yay pictures!  :hearts:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:40:34 PM by Best Loser »

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
According to Jenna Morasca's twitter, "BIG BIG news breaking tomorrow at 7 am.. Can you guess it (even though I won't tell you if your right ;) Stay tuned.."

Does that mean the cast bios will be released tomorrow?
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »
I'll put it like this -- if it isn't the cast reveal, then the reveal won't be until after Labor Day.

Thursday isn't enough time to get anyone's attention since the long holiday weekend will start Friday, except for hose dealing with flooding along the east coast.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARdevotee

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 06:16:13 AM »
EW.com has revealed the cast! Yay! Mostly Ethan and Jenna-centric though.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/31/amazing-race-cast-survivor-ethan-jenna/

A new twist called the "Hazard" and a confirmation of the first time countries they raced through!  :hearts:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Waiting...NO MORE!!
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 10:15:48 AM »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »
Boooo i can't see the videos  :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
waiting no more! CBS TAR 19 Cast Reveal!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 11:24:20 AM »
CBS Reveal:

08.31.2011CBS ANNOUNCES THE CAST FOR THE NEW SEASON OF "THE AMAZING RACE," PREMIERING SUNDAY, SEPT. 25
This Season's Cast Includes a Pair of Olympians, Former NFL Tight End, the Youngest Person to Ever Sail Around the World Alone and Two Winners of "Survivor"

Eleven teams will embark on the adventure of a lifetime on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

This season, the multi-Emmy Award-winning series sends 11 new Teams on a Race around the globe, making first time visits to exotic locations such as Indonesia, Malawi, Belgium and Denmark.  Along the way, Teams will travel through four continents and 20 cities and cover nearly 40,000 miles.

Teams will be tested early and often and met with a new penalty called the "Hazard", which will impact one Team's future on the Race right from the starting line.  The global journey sets off from the foothills of Southern California where the Teams' problem solving abilities will be put to the test as they search for clues to their first destination, Taipei, Taiwan. Teams fortunate enough to survive the first leg will find themselves amidst an 8th Century Buddhist temple in Indonesia, riding elephants through the rain forests of Thailand, and racing for their lives when they discover they're facing the series first ever Double Elimination.

This season's cast includes a pair of Olympic snowboarders, twin sisters, an ex-NFL tight end, flight attendants, the youngest person to ever sail around the world alone, two winners of SURVIVOR, Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca, and many more.

This fall marks the 10 year anniversary of THE AMAZING RACE, which originally premiered on Sept 5, 2001. 

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 11:45:47 AM »
I do like the fact that the CBS press release confirms 6 countries, including four new ones right off. (Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Malawi. Belguim and Denmark.)
-- theschnauzers