Author Topic: TARaus Wishlists  (Read 17493 times)

Offline tar fan

• RFF Jr. Member
TARaus Wishlists
« on: August 24, 2011, 06:28:51 AM »
I will get us all started.  :)

Start or finish of TARAU 2012 will definitely be held in Sydney.  :wohoo:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:51:20 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus Wishlists
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:30:59 AM »
I will get us all started.  :)

Start or finish of TARAU 2012 will definitely be held in Sydney.  :wohoo:

We need to have the finale in Brisbane!  :wise
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:51:53 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:51:29 AM »
my TarAus 2 wishlist:

1. I wish Grant Bowler would loosen up a little, forget the camera is there.

2. I wish the race would circumnavigate the world and be the first (I think) foreign edition to visit the United State (not sure about that last statement).

3. I wish the editing was a little more diverse, it's good but the same background music is used a lot of times, for examples there is this distinct music that seems to always (and I mean always) play when a team completes a task and gets their next clue. As for the camerawork, again it's good, but they rarely do anything very spectacular, it's too "safe".

4. I wish they would use the same piece of music, the one TAR3 used when Flo and Zach were running to the finish, for the finish line run.

5. I wish the boot order was better.

6. I wish for original tasks, not TARA copies.

7. I wish for a consistent season, the first half of TarAus1 was spec-ta-cu-lar, the second half was great but nowhere near as good as the first half (except for the sri lanka episode).

8. I wish they will not increase the amount of product placement the same way TARAsia did.

9. I wish for another great season, if not a better season.

Bring on the 21!

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:58:26 AM »
My main wishes for TARAus would definitely be a US leg or two! Preferably one in DC so I can spoil  :snicker: But really, I actually enjoyed this first season. Much more than TAR Asia (Which I actually quite like). I'd like better tasks that aren't copied. More U-Turns or Yields (preferably a Double U-Turn). Grant Bowler is actually one of my favorite things about it. I can't help but enjoy his hosting. Another thing is the route. I mean, I was grateful that they visited 4 continents (3 if you don't count Australia) but I'd LOVE some legs in the Americas.
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 09:04:54 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF, tar fan!

It should be interesting to see how much Grant improves his hosting abilities in the upcoming season. Hopefully it will be positive.

Yeah, a leg or two in North and\or South America would be awesome. And of course, no more task copying!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:45 PM »
My TAR AU dream route route is

South East QLD(Brisbane/Gold Coast) to New Zeland     (intersection,x2 elimnation,start with 12 teams)
New Zeland to Philippines                                                (10 teams)
Philippines to Japan                                                         (fast forward,9 teams)
Japan to Alaska or Canada                                              (non elimation,8 teams)
Alaska or Canada to US mainland                                    (yeald,intersection,8 teams)
US mainland to Italy                                                         (u turn x2,7 teams)
Italy to Swizaland                                                            (fast forward,6 teams)
Swizaland to Germany                                                     (blind yeald,non elimation,5 teams)
Germany to Russia                                                          (fast forward,5 teams)
Russia to Qatar or UEA                                                    (u turn,4 teams)
Qatar or UEA to India                                                      (3 teams)
India to Thailand or Malaysia to Adalade                         (2 team finale)

or

South East QLD to Thailand or Malaysia                      (intersection,x2 elimnation,start with 12 teams)
Thailand or Malaysia to India                                       (fast forward,10 teams)
India to Qatar or UEA                                                   (yeald x2,9 teams)
Qatar or UEA to Russia                                                 (u turn,8 teams)
Russia to Germany                                                       (non elimation,7 teams)
Germany to Swizaland                                                 (fast forwards,7 teams)
Swizaland to Italy                                                        (blind u turn ,intersection,6 teams)
Italy to US mainland                                                     (non elimation,5 teams)
US mainland to Alaska or Canada                                 (fast foward,5 teams)
Alaska or Canada to Japan                                           (yeald,4 teams)
Japan to Philippines                                                      (3 teams)
Philippines to New Zeland to Sydney                            (2 team finale)

Both routes are about 50,000 km

I chouse to have a 2 team finale because almost always the 3 rd place team falls hours behind (Jeff and Luke TAR AU1, Gary and Mallory TAR 18, Jill & Thomas TAR 17and who cant forget Joe & Bill on TAR 1 and thats is just to name a few)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:29:35 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »
I think this season may have a different route than S1(left to right),maybe right to left.my spec route:
AUS-South Korea
South Korea-China(Mainland)
China-Nepal
Nepal
Nepal-Dubai
Dubai-Hungary
Hungary
Hungary-Switzerland
Switzerland-Italy
Italy-USA(mainland)
USA-USA(Alaska)
USA(Alaska)-Fiji-AUS

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:11:19 AM by weihen »

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 08:39:35 AM »
The route that I would like to see is:

Australia-Mainland USA
Mainland USA
USA-Brazil
Brazil-Argentina
Argentina-France
France
France-Germany
Germany- India
India-Mainland China
Mainland China
Mainland China to New Zealand
New Zealand to Australia

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 08:02:27 AM »
1. For tarflyonthewall to actually finish his recaps

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 03:55:40 AM »
what do you mean

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 05:53:14 AM »
what do you mean

if you go to his blogs, you notice that usually he recaps just a few episodes per season... don't read to much into it, it was a joke...

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 07:49:30 AM »
I'm working on one now, and there's a few jokes in it about the giant hiatus, but it's not going to please the people who wanted me to stop the way I'm covering Tom and Luke.

I think Melbourne's going to be our LA - it's a decent-sized (though not huge) airport, which means spoilers are going to be easier to hide there than in Sydney, and ActiveTV's already based there.

I'd be shocked if the finish line isn't in either Adelaide or Hobart, though. Sydney's been done a few times on the US and foreign versions, and Brisbane's weather isn't the best at the time of year they'd be filming.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 02:29:09 AM »
My little wishlist is as follows:

Leg 1: Start (East Coast) Aus -> New Zealand (11 teams, one is eliminated)
Leg 2: New Zealand -> Hawaii, USA (10 teams, one is eliminated)
Leg 3: Hawaii, USA -> Mainland USA (preferably somewhere that the US edition has not done) (9 teams, one is eliminated)
Leg 4: Mainland USA -> Jamaica (8 teams, Double U-Turn, non-elimination leg)
Leg 5: Jamaica -> Chile OR Argentina (8teams, Fast Forward available, one is eliminated)
Leg 6: Chile OR Argentina -> Botswana (7 teams, non-elimination leg)
Leg 7: Botswana -> Somewhere in Northern Africa but not too far north (such as Ethiopia) (7 teams, one is eliminated)
Leg 8: Africa -> Spain (6 teams, Double U-Turn, one is eliminated)
Leg 9: Spain -> Portugal (5 teams, Fast Forward available, non-elimination leg)
Leg 10: Portugal -> France ("Switchback" of TAR16 champagne tower challenge but as a Roadblock instead) (5 teams, one is eliminated)
Leg 11: France -> Dubai, UAE (4 teams, one is eliminated)
Leg 12: Dubai, UAE -> Sydney, Australia (direct flights are available and will induce fatigue!!!) (Final Three race to Finish Line)

As the others have mentioned, I would also prefer more original challenges, except for the one I mentioned above.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 09:23:35 PM »
Well since Philippines is confirmed I think that some of these countries will be visited;

- Mainland China
- India
- Russia
- UAE
- Morocco
- Madagascar/Mauritius (could be last location, direct flights to Perth)
- Germany
- France
- Ukraine

There also could be a chance that Bosnia and Herzegovina will be visited because it was just visited by TAR Israel.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 09:58:42 PM »
Dont forgert American will be vist it

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 04:25:36 AM »
Since it looks like we might have 2 series running at the same time, I'd love to see an intersection where American teams pair up with Aussie teams.

I know it will never happen because of the TV schedule nightmare it creates, but it's still nice to dream.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 04:28:47 AM »
Since it looks like we might have 2 series running at the same time, I'd love to see an intersection where American teams pair up with Aussie teams.

I know it will never happen because of the TV schedule nightmare it creates, but it's still nice to dream.

The other reason it won't happen is that the percentage of TAR US viewers who also watch the Aus version is very small, so the majority wouldn't care about these random foreign teams.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 08:48:48 PM »
they should go to Puerto Princesa Underground River in the Philippines and it's now already on the New 7 Wonders of Nature Lists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Princesa_Underground_River :yess: we've made it to the top 7! :jam:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 08:55:33 PM »
they should go to Puerto Princesa Underground River in the Philippines and it's now already on the New 7 Wonders of Nature Lists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Princesa_Underground_River :yess: we've made it to the top 7! :jam:

Not yet final. :groan:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 09:02:41 PM »
Some of my wishes

A WASHINGTON DC LEG! I NEED ONE SO.BAD.LIKE.I.CAN'T.EVEN.SO.I.CAN.TRY.TO.SPOIL!
More U-Turns (preferably Double Blind)
More Yields
More Fast-Forwards
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 05:10:51 AM »

i wish they would but maybe if 7 air tar au 2 and tar 20 at the same time

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 07:23:06 PM »
For now, these are the current cities that are racing for TAR Australia 2:

Starting leg: Sydney, Australia
Leg 1: Manila, Philippines
Leg 2: Legaspi City, Philippines
Leg 3: Delhi, India
Leg 4: somewhere in India
Leg 5: Dubai, UAE
Leg 6: Istanbul, Turkey

Hopefully, from leg 7 to the final leg they should go to these cities:

Leg 7: London, England or Paris, France
Leg 8 & 9: USA (if Mr. McKay is telling the truth if they'll go to America for this season) :meow:
Leg 10 & 11: Japan and/or Vancouver, Canada? :duno:
Final leg: going back to Sydney, Australia
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:53:10 PM by topaz »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 05:25:42 AM »
Next season (season 3) should have a finsh line in Canberra for its Centenary.

The city has some great locations for the finsh line such as Goverment House, Paliment House (old and new), The Canberra Hotel , Telsta Tower

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:18:26 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 06:28:32 AM »
Next season (season 3) should have a finsh line in Canberra for its Centenary.

The city has some great locations for the finsh line

Definitely possible for a start or finish line, as well as maybe even Darwin (I'd like to see this as a finish line destination but it could potentially be a starting line as it's close to Asia), Hobart (more so of a starting line perhaps to NZ which I could highly see them visiting in Season 3), Adelaide (more like a finish line for me maybe an activity involving numerous churches) or the Gold Coast (more so of a starting line).

Perhaps season 3 would visit South America for the first time as well (as this is now the only continent that hasn't been visited).

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 07:44:17 PM »
Well now that season 2 is done and season 3 is in pre-production. What do you want for next season.

I hope that the show does more of an MKR teams selection (where there is a preteturmed number of team per state. EG for an 11 team race NSW,QLD,VIC should have 2 teams each and WA,SA,NT,TAS,ACT should have 1 team each)

Maybe a NZ team (agian like MKR)

Canberra finsh line (come on Canberras turning 100 having a finsh line here would be a great birthday present)