The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

Let's Talk About Disappointments of TAR-Aus S1 Here!

(1/8) > >>

SuperTux:
Sadly S1 is over:( Generally speaking, this Australian season has definitely exceeded our expectations!

But concerning postproduction, contestant choosing, mission designing, etc., is there anything that has disappointed you? In your opinion, what are shortcomings of this season? And what aspect do you think still needs improving?

Share your opinion here! :lol:

SuperTux:
IMHO

1. The designing of tasks lacks originality.

2. The crew should have had a second thought about Detours. Most Detours became Route-Info as a matter of fact. 

tarflyonthewall:
1. The Fast Forward. They need more than one. It's not as if they don't have extra tasks on this version, so why not use a couple of them as FFs instead?

2. Arrange the NELs better. First-leg NELs are anticlimactic and boring (plus I'm sick of them), and towards the end it felt like we were padding for time. I'd love to see a Leg 2 NEL (which gets rid of the anticlimax of a Leg 1 NEL while still keeping the basic premise), then maybe one in the middle (F7-ish) and one at F5 or F4.

3. The casting. Too many dull teams, to be honest, especially with the three worst offenders all making it to the finale. I get why each of them was cast, but at least try and find examples of their gimmick who are less boring. The surfers in particular came across as though they were reading from an autocue in most of their confessionals.

4. The Road Blocks. Too many tasks that were similar. The lanterns was the same basic "arrange these in order using the provided hints" task we got the week before with the coins, and the bungy, skydive, and two identical-in-all-but-location abseiling challenge was just repetitive.

5. A set penalty structure. None of this "you get 20 minutes at the Pit Stop for doing it wrong here, but you get 10 minutes right now for doing it wrong here" crap. Go back to the old structure: Penalise them any time they gained, plus 30 minutes for the mistake itself. No excuses.

6. The lack of North America. Not even necessarily the US itself, but it seems odd that the only foreign version with a big enough budget to handle it, plus the strong exchange rate, still stayed to the Eastern Hemisphere.

7. No "If you fail to do this in X attempts you get a penalty" tasks. It's not racing if they're just sitting around waiting for the penalty to end. Just let them keep going until they get it, regardless of how long it takes. The lost time will be enough of a penalty on its own.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a long list, but there's more to like about the season than there was to hate. Far more.

Best Loser:
I don't mind task repetition since I haven't seen the other foreign versions, but I understand why people wouldn't like it.

I thought the cast was great and all the teams felt three-dimensional, unlike the US version, but it was obvious who would be the first teams gone.

There were way too many luck tasks in the finale.

Thrill tasks that the teams come and go in the same order should be detours.

The pit stops were a little disappointing. It's almost like Grant was shooing the teams away once they got there.

The finish line interviews and reunion felt underwelming for some reason. Anybody else feel this way?

Prophet:
I would have liked to see them come up with original tasks rather than copy old ones, but perhaps this is only for the first season to get things started off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version