Author Topic: TARAus 1 Episode 12 Episode Discussion (Singapore/Australia) *SPOILERS*  (Read 47703 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 12 Episode Discussion (Singapore/Australia) *SPOILERS*
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 08:36:31 AM »
Congratulations to Tyler & Nathan for winning the race!!! :hearts:

And congratulations to Sam & Renae for breaking the "Express Pass" curse!! :hearts:

Jeff & Luke, great job for making it to the end! :tup:

By the way, do you all realize that the standing in the finale looks like in TARA 4? :lol:

1st Place: All-male team
2nd Place: All-female team
3rd Place: Parent-child team

The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Telepek

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
Well, Tyler&Nathan won. Congratulations.

But about the finale:

Best. Finale. Ever. Exactly what i thought the perfect finale should be - not based on physical strengh or knowing the terrain, but also luck have something to tell here. Basically one more mistake on the flyer, one more door at the prison, one more durian may cost one team the 1st place.

The detour was also good - because it wasn't obvious which tasks could be easier and quicker to do, it depended from the physical form from the teams. And the roadblock - I laughed so hard when every team had mistaken the polish flag with indonesian. And every team were suprised because ther was not enough flag poles :D! And again, perfect montage with the race to the pit stop! My heart was beating so fast during that :D. Damn i'm sensitive...

But after all, it was a good season. Better that american 17 and 18 [18 season was good only because of the stars]. It had some great moments, but also some things need's to be improved [like more fast forwards, yields or u-turn's]. And i want Grant Bowler to stay.

That's all, i'm out.

Offline ct03

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2011, 06:13:52 PM »
Best. Finale. Ever. Exactly what i thought the perfect finale should be
I couldn't disagree more. Luck challenges have NO, absolutely NO business being in a final leg.
Find the right fruit.
Pick the right flyer.
Find the right prison cell.

All of these were luck challenges, and the surfers lucked out the most on every single one. Let Nathan & Tyler "switch luck" with the girls at the Ferris wheel, and suddenly they're the ones on the second flight. Suddenly they lose one hour by switching places, purely due to luck.

I don't mind that the surfers won, because out of the three teams they ran the best race. But I still hate the luck challenges.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2011, 07:16:57 PM »
Two finish lines from Amazing Race Asia were visited in this one episode. I was hoping that someone would be like Adrian with the flags, but nope.

One Amazing Race curse that hasn't been broken is that no team I've been rooting for in the finale has won. Not once.  :(

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
That was an awesome finale. I'm happy for Tyler & Nathan. They deserved to win this leg and ultimately the race. :js: The editing in this leg was great. The airtime of each of the teams felt pretty even.

I didn't think that Singapore Flyer task was fair... or the jail task. Teams could have been stuck there for ages. :nut: The final roadblock was super difficult. I'm surprised everybody got it. :lol:

Congrats to all teams! :conf:

Offline stifflfootball

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »
Congrats to the winners, Tyler & Nathan.  They weren't my favorite team, but they performed well consistently from start to finish and definately earned the 250K.  It was a great show put on by the Aussies and I'm already looking forward to season 2.  Hopefully in Season 2 they will start the race with a leg in the US.  It would be cool to see em race here in the States.  Outside of the family edition the only time we see racers here are starts and finishes.  To have the Aussies race here would be spectacular and I'm sure they could find plenty of tasks to do here. 
TAR - Around the world from the comfort of your couch.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2011, 01:13:47 PM »
Nathan and Tyler winning....  :stare

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »
Nathan and Tyler winning....  :stare

Finally someone who I agree with!  :lol:

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »
Just watched the episode a bit ago and congrats to Tyler/Nathan, though I'd much have prefered Sam/Renae winning. Congrats to them anyway
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Elven6

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »
Congrats to all the teams! There was a lot of great chemistry between the teams which really made things more enjoyable for me. The final was pretty nail biting since practically everything was luck based and it was a theme that they had from start to finish (for the episode). How much do you guys want to bet that the fortune teller was given a recap of some of the things that happened in the race, not all of it but stuff that resulted in flash backs.  :lol:

Season one was definitely a success in my opinion and the ratings seem to be doing well, I hope the show will continue on for years to come.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2011, 01:59:22 PM »
What I found really discouraging and disheartening and totally a turn off is that after so many seasons of TAR.. all 3 teams still did not have any idea of the flags to the country they have been to. I can't believe that i'm only 21 and I can recognise all those flags at the Roadblock task yesterday! (:;)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2011, 07:23:40 PM »
What I found really discouraging and disheartening and totally a turn off is that after so many seasons of TAR.. all 3 teams still did not have any idea of the flags to the country they have been to. I can't believe that i'm only 21 and I can recognise all those flags at the Roadblock task yesterday! (:;)

You are somebody! I can recognize half of them...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2011, 10:59:27 AM »
Cool. My three favorite teams of this race were able to make it to the final three! Although I would be happier if Sam & Renae won, but I'm definitely alright with Nathan & Tyler winning. They were really dominating the race, they were doing great decisions and luck was on their side especially when they were robbed during the train ride to Poland. They lost their money but they still were able to survive every leg.

Sam & Renae are now my favorite team of all time! Yes, even prefer these models over those beauty queens (Dustin & Kandice). Wow, I was very surprised they won the first leg. I thought Nathan & Tyler would win it or Matt & Tom. I haven't watched the finale leg yet because I just finished watching Episode 9 (I'm having a TAR Australia marathon!). Sam & Renae's reaction in that episode after Grant told them they're team number four was priceless and epic!  :wohoo: I watched that scene over and over again.

I think that if they have watched the Asian version of TAR, they would have dominated the entire race especially that final task, but of course they didn't have any idea that tasks in the Asian version would be used in this race. The flag task was very easy, I can finish that task in a minute just like what Adrian did in TARA2.

Finally, it's great to see that Tyler and Sam are hooking up or dating? Just read it and I also heard during the race Nathan's kinda like teasing Tyler when Sam & Renae arrived somewhere (don't remember which episode).

It's been a great season, definitely looking forward for season 2!  :wohoo:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2011, 04:30:14 PM »
I do not accept the statement "the flag task was very easy." That was the case only for Adrian, an expert in national flags from childhood, in the finale of Amazing Race Asia 2. Every other individual, including Nathan, Sam, Luke, Vanessa and particularly Rovilson really had trouble with this special finale-only ROADBLOCK.

I think it is nice that eragon and Joab think they are pros at selecting the national flags. I can tell you that I have a great deal of world travel experience and I think I probably could do it quicker than those 5 above did. My guess is that under extreme pressure it would probably take me about a half hour of trying out changes from an initial matching of flags to episode numbers or order to get it right. Maybe eragon and Joab would not feel the pressure of either $100,000 U.S. or $250,000 Aus. It's easy to sit in what Americans typically refer to as "the peanut gallery"  but it would be much more difficult to do this in the actual  environment that those 5 individuals did.   

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2011, 03:17:04 PM »
It seems to me that the flag task is only hard under pressure if the person comes into the race with limited geographic knowledge. Luke clearly stated that he only knew the Australian flag was 100% correct. Many of us on the board would probably find the task easy because I believe that we all enjoy knowing things like this. Were I to be doing that roadblock, I'd like to think my knowledge of flags combined with taking in where the race sent me would make it a simple challenge.