The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

TARAus 1 Episode 12 Episode Discussion (Singapore/Australia) *SPOILERS*

<< < (13/13)

Jobby:
What I found really discouraging and disheartening and totally a turn off is that after so many seasons of TAR.. all 3 teams still did not have any idea of the flags to the country they have been to. I can't believe that i'm only 21 and I can recognise all those flags at the Roadblock task yesterday! (:;)

SuperTux:

--- Quote from: Joab on August 03, 2011, 01:59:22 PM ---What I found really discouraging and disheartening and totally a turn off is that after so many seasons of TAR.. all 3 teams still did not have any idea of the flags to the country they have been to. I can't believe that i'm only 21 and I can recognise all those flags at the Roadblock task yesterday! (:;)

--- End quote ---

You are somebody! I can recognize half of them...

eragon:
Cool. My three favorite teams of this race were able to make it to the final three! Although I would be happier if Sam & Renae won, but I'm definitely alright with Nathan & Tyler winning. They were really dominating the race, they were doing great decisions and luck was on their side especially when they were robbed during the train ride to Poland. They lost their money but they still were able to survive every leg.

Sam & Renae are now my favorite team of all time! Yes, even prefer these models over those beauty queens (Dustin & Kandice). Wow, I was very surprised they won the first leg. I thought Nathan & Tyler would win it or Matt & Tom. I haven't watched the finale leg yet because I just finished watching Episode 9 (I'm having a TAR Australia marathon!). Sam & Renae's reaction in that episode after Grant told them they're team number four was priceless and epic!  :wohoo: I watched that scene over and over again.

I think that if they have watched the Asian version of TAR, they would have dominated the entire race especially that final task, but of course they didn't have any idea that tasks in the Asian version would be used in this race. The flag task was very easy, I can finish that task in a minute just like what Adrian did in TARA2.

Finally, it's great to see that Tyler and Sam are hooking up or dating? Just read it and I also heard during the race Nathan's kinda like teasing Tyler when Sam & Renae arrived somewhere (don't remember which episode).

It's been a great season, definitely looking forward for season 2!  :wohoo:

apskip:
I do not accept the statement "the flag task was very easy." That was the case only for Adrian, an expert in national flags from childhood, in the finale of Amazing Race Asia 2. Every other individual, including Nathan, Sam, Luke, Vanessa and particularly Rovilson really had trouble with this special finale-only ROADBLOCK.

I think it is nice that eragon and Joab think they are pros at selecting the national flags. I can tell you that I have a great deal of world travel experience and I think I probably could do it quicker than those 5 above did. My guess is that under extreme pressure it would probably take me about a half hour of trying out changes from an initial matching of flags to episode numbers or order to get it right. Maybe eragon and Joab would not feel the pressure of either $100,000 U.S. or $250,000 Aus. It's easy to sit in what Americans typically refer to as "the peanut gallery"  but it would be much more difficult to do this in the actual  environment that those 5 individuals did.   

north09:
It seems to me that the flag task is only hard under pressure if the person comes into the race with limited geographic knowledge. Luke clearly stated that he only knew the Australian flag was 100% correct. Many of us on the board would probably find the task easy because I believe that we all enjoy knowing things like this. Were I to be doing that roadblock, I'd like to think my knowledge of flags combined with taking in where the race sent me would make it a simple challenge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version