Author Topic: TAR AUS 2: Pre-Race News and Speculation*includes PRE-RACE Promos and Caps!*  (Read 92574 times)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative

here's the Eiffel tower one that turn into clothesline....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TsjeSFErggE?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TsjeSFErggE?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:31:40 PM by georgiapeach »
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Do we have a date for the Premiere yet??
Sadily not yet , but i will find ny info on it

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
London Meat pie:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jm2yU-6Om2c?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jm2yU-6Om2c?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
do you think we going lonodon

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

No, their just using recognizable locations around the world for their promos.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member

There is still a chance of a that may start in London and end in Paris (or vice versa). We don't have heaps of info around this time.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
Anyone know when the cast reveal is, at least?

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
Anyone know when the cast reveal is, at least?
A London stopover could be possible especially if they're flying out to Cuba there may be more connecting flights from Heathrow?
And last year the cast was released around April the 10th with a May 17th premiere. So if they're aiming for around the same time I would say potentially next week or early week after we should see the teams.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

There is still a chance of a that may start in London and end in Paris (or vice versa). We don't have heaps of info around this time.

"still a chance" is in fact a remote one. The start is likely to be somewhere in Asia or Oceania to allow teams first leg easy access to the Philippines. In fact, our timeline has it in Sydney. The finish has been rumored to be in the Brisbane and Fraser Island area. That's a long way from Paris or London, as you who live in Sydney certainly know. A stopover in London on the way to Cuba is a possibility.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster

"still a chance" is in fact a remote one. The start is likely to be somewhere in Asia or Oceania to allow teams first leg easy access to the Philippines. In fact, our timeline has it in Sydney. The finish has been rumored to be in the Brisbane and Fraser Island area. That's a long way from Paris or London, as you who live in Sydney certainly know. A stopover in London on the way to Cuba is a possibility.

He is saying the leg will start in London and end in Paris...

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
We are getting close to a start! Wednesday April 18 looks a good possibilty...  :hoot:

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/bumped-the-amazing-race.html
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
But TAR moving to 10:30...  (:;)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
but isn't that too soon for not showing any signs of website update, contestant reveal, etc..  :duno:

or they just want to wait till the last minute?
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Not sure about that....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
but isn't that too soon for not showing any signs of website update, contestant reveal, etc..  :duno:

or they just want to wait till the last minute?
It's just speculation at the moment but Channel 7 often do things at the last minute cause they wait to see what other channels are showing on the same timeslot. I think in the US isnt known well in advance but its different for Aus.

Also we have a competition for a sponsor for the show that starts on April 30, so it can't be too far off now either way.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Well this week, in the absence of TAR, they have a Criminal Minds double episode showing. That's my second favourite show, so you can imagine my excitement when I saw it. :lol: And then I discovered it was two old episodes! :gaah:

However, it is definitely possible that new Criminal Minds could be the thing that pushes TAR back to 10:30pm from April 18th onwards, because that airs on Wednesdays usually in the past.

I hope TAR Aus is on, but to me it seems unlikely, as that date is just two weeks away and they haven't even showed any advertisements other than a meat pie, the Eiffel Tower and the Mona Lisa turning green and gold. :stare :stare :stare

Just speculating, of course! :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
April 18th as a possible start seems unlikely. They haven't revealed the cast yet and that usually happens a month before the Race premiere. Or maybe they're just doing things in a different way for this year.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
April 18th as a possible start seems unlikely. They haven't revealed the cast yet and that usually happens a month before the Race premiere. Or maybe they're just doing things in a different way for this year.

I think it may be possible, only because we can't use the first season as a real guideline as it was the first time the series was premiering so they probably gave it more time for promotion to get Australian audiences used to the idea that we were getting our own version of the race (and they did start promoting it during the Aus Open last year).
Perhaps they think audiences won't need as much time to readjust to the show coming back on, but I would say that if the cast isn't released this week then the 18th is too early, but the following week or the first week of May seems more probable.
I don't think we'd be able to get a clear sense of 7's way of promoting shows and predicting their airdates until at least a few seasons of the show have run.

EDIT: Though on a side note, a lot of the potential casts' facebooks have recently increased in security or have disappeared altogether so this may be a sign.

• RFF Frantic Poster
Can;t wait for the Canada legs! It will be the first ever pitstop in Canada after 28+ seasons of the various versions -.-
I cant belive it took this long
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:48:41 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Someone else is wondering the same thing we are??

Bumped: The Amazing Race
By David Knox on April 3, 2012 / 
There’s no airing of The Amazing Race this week due to CBS’s broadcast of the Academy of Country Music Awards (yawn!), but the show resumes here on Seven next week, April 11.

However from Wednesday April 18, it moves to 10:30pm.

Could Seven be launching The Amazing Race Australia before it?
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/bumped-the-amazing-race.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

• RFF Frantic Poster
This is what we have to deal with as the network execs in Australia.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:02:28 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Last year the show was on Monday night, but I think Monday looks unlikely again for this year, because I think Australia's Got Talent is starting on that night, and Revenge is there as well, and I assume Seven doesn't want TARAus to air at 9:30pm or later... :duno:

Hopefully the speculation about Wednesday nights turns out to be true, although if that were the case, TARAus would still be at 9:30pm at night, which isn't an ideal timeslot if Seven wants a lot more viewers... :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

• RFF Frantic Poster
At the latest it should be at the 8:30 timeslot

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
still no news on the cast reveal yet?
Bring on the 21!

• RFF Frantic Poster
On TAR AU website now and no update since TAR 20 meet the teams