Author Topic: TAR AUS 2: Pre-Race News and Speculation*includes PRE-RACE Promos and Caps!*  (Read 92244 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
STarting in Sydney at all would be insane...IMO. Given its spoiler history and all. :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
FYI. Not sure if it was anything but I saw 3 women in Darling Harbour Sydney yesterday afternoon with black t-shirts on with big red Amazing Race Australia Logos on the back (same as my avatar). It had Sydney 2011 underneath and a "Proudly Supported by Tourism New South Wales" logo.

One woman had a clipboard. They were in no rush to get anywhere. It was close to the Entertainment Centre.

Possibly a local race  :duno:

That clipboard suggests that it may have been a trial run for a leg (probably the first or last one) of ARAus 2.

Saw the same in Manly today!!
Weird.... :duno:

would be last leg they wouldnt be in 2 locations for the first leg

looks like we may have a s/e qld start

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
Peach, I know that we have had some tweets and sightings that make you believe that TAR Australia 2 is starting soon, but do you have actual information that makes you believe that it is starting soon, or is it just from these possible production sightings. It could be starting any moment now, but it could be a another couple of weeks. You don't have to share your sources or what the information is, but do you have actual information from a source that the season is starting very soon?

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Pictures guys pictures!!

And ummmm "hi I am a big fan, what's going on?" :lol:

:lol: 'Hi I'm a big fan of the show, can you give me details on the route, start line and teams? Thanks!'

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
hey...it works for me!! :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Frantic Poster
i think production should start in the next 2 weeks

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
Hopefully! But with the Qantas situation and grounding, it might throw out a few of their plans! :Hopefully they do get filming soon though!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Oh yeah, the Qantas thing...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Haha Peach I know, it's like all over the news.  :groan:  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Not MY news. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Well wait till your flag carrying airline get's grounded and see how you like it.  :snicker:

• RFF Frantic Poster
Not MY news. :lol:
Well wait till your flag carrying airline get's grounded and see how you like it.  :snicker:
Yes,peach wait until delta is grounded

As for starting the race it shouldn't be affected to much.there are many other airlines offering meny flights and last season they bearliy used qantas so shouldn't be a problem
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:50:08 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I just meant we were not hearing much about it in our news here, that's why I posted the article. sheesh.

And if Quantas is a sponsor, then that could be interesting...
RFF's Golden Rule:

• RFF Frantic Poster
I herd qantas may be back in the air as soon as midday,today(east aust time)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
I just meant we were not hearing much about it in our news here, that's why I posted the article. sheesh.

I don't recall an airline sponsor in the first season. It just depends on if they have pre-booked tickets for 2 specific flights or not (Qantas included), which is quite common on first legs.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

• RFF Frantic Poster

I don't recall an airline sponsor in the first season. It just depends on if they have pre-booked tickets for 2 specific flights or not (Qantas included), which is quite common on first legs.

Tar aus does not do the 2 pre booked flights thing

• RFF Frantic Poster
News about upcoming TARA5 application this year

LAOAG CITY, Oct. 20 (PIA) — Get ready for season 5 of the reality game show The Amazing Race Asia as it goes to Ilocos Norte.

The municipalities of Burgos, Bangui and Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte will be the show’s trail for season 5 which will be aired in next year’s episode.

The US-based reality show chose the seven great wonders Ilocos Norte for the utilization of the shows’ venue.
The Amazing Race Asia 5

The Amazing Race Asia Season 5 goes to Ilocos Norte
These spots include the Kaangrian falls, Avis falls, The Cape Bojedour which is thehighest light house in Asia, the famous Kapurpurawan rock formation all from Burgos, the Patapat bridge, the beaches of Pagudpud, and the first windmills in Asia located in Bangui.

Mayor Chrisente Garcia of Burgos said, “the team of the show were mesmerized with the tourist spots in our place and decided to shoot the episodes of the show here, upon the initiative of our provincial governor.”

“This is good because this will also be part of promoting tourism in our place,” he added.

The seven stop-overs in the place compliment the component and the game orientation of the show.

Basically, the structure of the race is for the teams to travel to different locations by following the route information, perform some various tasks, and checking in at the Pit Stop.

Teams normally complete all the tasks and check in at the Pit Stop before they are eliminated. Occasionally, on an elimination leg, if all other teams have checked in and the last team is very far behind, Route Markers may instruct them to go directly to the Pit Stop without completing the rest of the leg.

Milagros Gonzales, Chief of Department of Tourism Field office in Ilocos Norte, together with the mayor of Burgos, is currently having their field inspection to places where the show will commence.

The participants for the competition will be arriving this December to start the race. (ANL/CJD-PIA 1 Ilocos Norte)

now i know this says tara 5 but as they havent had any applacation stage i am thinking this may be tarau 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Very odd. And December? Hmmm.

Agree about TARA 5 but if one would think they would know who contacted them.

Hmmm.

But GREAT find either way, thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
December would fit if it was to be one of the last destinations.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
December would fit if it was to be one of the last destinations.

One speculation that Coutzy is on the race can be dismissed!  :lol: :lol:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
News about upcoming TARA5 application this year

LAOAG CITY, Oct. 20 (PIA) — Get ready for season 5 of the reality game show The Amazing Race Asia as it goes to Ilocos Norte.

The municipalities of Burgos, Bangui and Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte will be the show’s trail for season 5 which will be aired in next year’s episode.

The US-based reality show chose the seven great wonders Ilocos Norte for the utilization of the shows’ venue.
The Amazing Race Asia 5

The Amazing Race Asia Season 5 goes to Ilocos Norte
These spots include the Kaangrian falls, Avis falls, The Cape Bojedour which is thehighest light house in Asia, the famous Kapurpurawan rock formation all from Burgos, the Patapat bridge, the beaches of Pagudpud, and the first windmills in Asia located in Bangui.

Mayor Chrisente Garcia of Burgos said, “the team of the show were mesmerized with the tourist spots in our place and decided to shoot the episodes of the show here, upon the initiative of our provincial governor.”

“This is good because this will also be part of promoting tourism in our place,” he added.

The seven stop-overs in the place compliment the component and the game orientation of the show.

Basically, the structure of the race is for the teams to travel to different locations by following the route information, perform some various tasks, and checking in at the Pit Stop.

Teams normally complete all the tasks and check in at the Pit Stop before they are eliminated. Occasionally, on an elimination leg, if all other teams have checked in and the last team is very far behind, Route Markers may instruct them to go directly to the Pit Stop without completing the rest of the leg.

Milagros Gonzales, Chief of Department of Tourism Field office in Ilocos Norte, together with the mayor of Burgos, is currently having their field inspection to places where the show will commence.

The participants for the competition will be arriving this December to start the race. (ANL/CJD-PIA 1 Ilocos Norte)

now i know this says tara 5 but as they havent had any applacation stage i am thinking this may be tarau 2

Yeah. I think this is not TARA5 but TARAUS2. I'm glad that they're going to Ilocos Norte. That place is stunning!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I hope they don't scratch this now due to the advance publicity. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:

• RFF Frantic Poster
well i think were starting soon ,last season they started a couple of  days after the melbourn cup plus the the teams need time(at least 2 weeks) with their family before chrismas

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
well i think were starting soon ,last season they started a couple of  days after the melbourn cup plus the the teams need time(at least 2 weeks) with their family before chrismas

The only guarantee is that the teams will be back by Christmas. Nothing more.