Author Topic: TAR AUS 2: Pre-Race News and Speculation*includes PRE-RACE Promos and Caps!*  (Read 92248 times)

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:18:19 PM by georgiapeach »
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Aus 2 looking for indigenous applicants - interesting.

http://juwarki.org.au/?p=1498

Amazing Race Australia series 2 – casting call for Indigenous applicants
Posted on August 25, 2011 by edward.chubb

Channel 7 is now searching for the next teams wanting to be part of the hit adventure reality program, The Amazing Race Australia!

My names Janet and I am a casting assistant on the Amazing Race Australia. At the moment we are looking for Indigenous Australians to apply for the race. We would love your company to spread the word as it would be amazing to have an Indigenous team on the race to embark on this exciting worldwide adventure.

Applications are now open. For further information and to apply visit www.yahoo7.com.au/amazingrace.
For further information please feel free to contact me
Janet Xerri
Casting Assistant Active TV
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Heres my 2 cents worth

I found an interview on tv tonight with Producer Michael McKay and it said he would like TAR AUS to go to America :)

Full interview at http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/06/amazing-reputation-opens-doors-for-the-race.html

Also I'm Surprised season 1 didnt go to new zealand, i can see season 2 going to New Zealand first leg or last leg before coming back home(Like singapoue last season).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:11:15 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
:welcome2: to RFF, theamazingracer21!

I would like them to come to America as well! :)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333

:welcome: to RFF! I agree. I would to love them to come to America..
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm guessing the route will go like this (Not the same countries but same route)

Australia -> New Zealand
New Zealand -> Fiji or Hawaii
Fiji or Hawaii -> Mainland USA (probably LA)
Mainland US -> UK
UK
UK -> Germany
Germany -> Italy
Italy -> Middle East
Middle East -> India
India
India -> China
China -> Australia.

OR

Australia -> Philippines
Phillippines -> Thailand
Thailand -> China
China
China -> India
India -> Russia
Russia -> Finland
Finland -> Germany/France
Germany/France -> Morocco
Morocoo -> USA
USA
USA -> New Zealand -> Australia.

• RFF Frantic Poster

:welcome: to RFF! I agree. I would to love them to come to America..

thanks for the nice welcome

Michael McKay said America, so does that mean usa or north America and/or south America

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
what about racing around the Ring of Fire area from Australia to Philippines, then to Japan, then to Alaska and the US Pacific, then to Central America, then to Chile, then to New Zealand and finally back to Australia.  I wonder if those areas will cause another TAR disaster curse?!  That's shocking.  :ascared

• RFF Frantic Poster
we also have to think about starting city i think sydney or brisbane as they have many international flights 

what about racing around the Ring of Fire area from Australia to Philippines, then to Japan, then to Alaska and the US Pacific, then to Central America, then to Chile, then to New Zealand and finally back to Australia.  I wonder if those areas will cause another TAR disaster curse?!  That's shocking.  :ascared
what TAR disaster curse?

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
To  be honest, I doubt New Zealand will appear unless it's in a role similar to how Singapore was used this season, or how Canada's been used in the US version - it's just no remote enough for us.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR AUS 2: Pre-Race News and Speculation*includes PRE-RACE Promos and Caps!*
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 07:17:25 AM »
To  be honest, I doubt New Zealand will appear unless it's in a role similar to how Singapore was used this season, or how Canada's been used in the US version - it's just no remote enough for us.

I've never thought about it that way before. How about Tasmania?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR AUS 2: Pre-Race News and Speculation*includes PRE-RACE Promos and Caps!*
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 07:22:18 AM »
what TAR disaster curse?
here's your answer: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21725.0.html

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 09:01:52 PM »
We also have to think about starting city i think Sydney or Brisbane as they have many international flights from their airports, i would love to see a starting line someone between Brisbane Airport and Gold Coast Airport so teams have to chouse which airport to go to for flights to the first destanation.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:12:58 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 09:32:10 PM »
If the Americas is true (I NEED a DC leg to spoil!), I think it'd either be in the beginning or end of the route unless they do both North and South America. To me, it'd be far too awkward of a route. As for US cities, I could see LA or NYC as probable destinations. Direct flights from Sydney to LA and lots of flights to Europe from the east coast. I could see a route like

Aus-US (LA? Maybe find Phil for a clue like they did in TAR 16 in Singapore)
US (NYC?)
US-South America
South America
South America-Africa
Africa
Africa-Europe
Europe
Europe-Middle East
Middle East-India
India-China
China-Singapore/New Zealand-AUS
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 11:58:16 PM »
I really don't want Brisbane to be the starting line, it would make a much nicer finishing line! (Plus, I could follow them  :snicker: )

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 03:26:34 AM »
No wish lists in the spec thread please!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »
No wish lists in the spec thread please!

sorry,thanks for moving that post

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 08:03:39 AM »
I assume we will see India this time around since all TAR versions that travel all around the world usually go to India every other season. Maybe a visit to mainland China. Maybe even the USA.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 04:51:36 PM »
Hey, amazing race fan and weihen,

Perhaps the meaning of "No wish lists in the spec thread please!" by Georgia Peach one day before you posted just that here is not clear. There is a WishList thread started days before you posted where your posts should have been and can still be made. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 06:07:24 PM »
Posts regarding wishlists go here, if you posted here in error, that's where they are now! Thanks!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26078.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 05:54:19 AM »
anyone in the Melbourne/gelong area go to this location to see if there is anything suspisons

info removed
aka the active tv offices

there could be some teams that got pass the audition stage
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:53:25 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 07:15:04 AM »
anyone in the Melbourne/gelong area go to this location to see if there is anything suspisons

aka the active tv offices

there could be some teams that got pass the audition stage

Showing up at their head office would not be a good idea.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:53:45 AM by georgiapeach »

• RFF Frantic Poster
So a sum up of what we have (and the source in brackts)

Possablilarty of america (tv 2nite interview,link in my first post)

New Zealand(a guess because of it's Distance from Australia and TAR Asia went there 3 out of it's 4 seasons and was the final destination in TAR israil and both of the before mentioned TARs and TAR AU are produced by active tv)

Sydney and/or Brisbane (a guess)

Active TV offices may have some possable teams(my crazy idea because this time last year they were Probably interviewing finalist teams)

Possable aboriganal teams (in the second post of this foram)

No wishlist (we have all gone thought this)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:17:50 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm pretty sure we can expect an Aboriginal team this season.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
With the start and end cities in Season One being Melbourne and Perth, you would expect places like Brisbane or Sydney to be used next time.

However, I think it will be highly likely that the race will once again travel a full circle up to Europe and back again, without crossing either the Atlantic or Pacific. With that in mind, I would be surprised if they began and ended on the East Coast as flights up to Asia and elsewhere would be more expensive than the East.

Seeing as Perth is the only decent sized settlement on the East Coast, I am almost certain that it will be used as one of either the start or finish line. And I also doubt that TARAus would use the same city in the final episode twice, so my money's on Perth being the starting city.