Author Topic: TAR AUS 2: Pre-Race News and Speculation*includes PRE-RACE Promos and Caps!*  (Read 92239 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
With the start and end cities in Season One being Melbourne and Perth, you would expect places like Brisbane or Sydney to be used next time.

However, I think it will be highly likely that the race will once again travel a full circle up to Europe and back again, without crossing either the Atlantic or Pacific. With that in mind, I would be surprised if they began and ended on the East Coast as flights up to Asia and elsewhere would be more expensive than the East.

Seeing as Perth is the only decent sized settlement on the East Coast, I am almost certain that it will be used as one of either the start or finish line. And I also doubt that TARAus would use the same city in the final episode twice, so my money's on Perth being the starting city.

Dom El,

My Australia maps have Perth located on the west coast of Australia for a long time. Has it moved?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
With the start and end cities in Season One being Melbourne and Perth, you would expect places like Brisbane or Sydney to be used next time.

However, I think it will be highly likely that the race will once again travel a full circle up to Europe and back again, without crossing either the Atlantic or Pacific. With that in mind, I would be surprised if they began and ended on the East Coast as flights up to Asia and elsewhere would be more expensive than the West.

Seeing as Perth is the only decent sized settlement on the West Coast, I am almost certain that it will be used as one of either the start or finish line. And I also doubt that TARAus would use the same city in the final episode twice, so my money's on Perth being the starting city.

Dom El,

My Australia maps have Perth located on the west coast of Australia for a long time. Has it moved?

Fixed! I'm not a stupid person but I always have to take a few seconds to remember which way is East and which is West. Perhaps I got dropped on a very specific part of my head as a child.. :duno:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

However, I think it will be highly likely that the race will once again travel a full circle up to Europe and back again, without crossing either the Atlantic or Pacific. With that in mind, I would be surprised if they began and ended on the East Coast as flights up to Asia and elsewhere would be more expensive than the West.

Seeing as Perth is the only decent sized settlement on the West Coast, I am almost certain that it will be used as one of either the start or finish line. And I also doubt that TARAus would use the same city in the final episode twice, so my money's on Perth being the starting city.

Dom El,

Fixed! I'm not a stupid person but I always have to take a few seconds to remember which way is East and which is West. Perhaps I got dropped on a very specific part of my head as a child.. :duno:

Something equivalent to that happened to me too. I fell out of a hammock at age 5 and had a concussion.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
@ Dom El: I'm sure other people have trouble with that too. I used to. :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:07:07 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
Anyone have any idea when the race will start?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The only info we have is that applications were opened in mid-July.

The timeline for the first season is as follows:
Applications open: 5th August 2010.
Applications close: 17th September 2010.
Race began: 5th November 2010.

The timeline for the second season so far is as follows:
Applications open: 19th July 2011.
Applications closed: 19th August 2011. (I think)

The only thing we have to go on here is the gap between applications closing and the race beginning last year. With that in mind, we would expect the race to be starting around now if the gap is kept the same. I can't imagine why the gap would be much larger than the first season, so my best guess is: any day now! Keep your eyes peeled!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
A
The only info we have is that applications were opened in mid-July.

The timeline for the first season is as follows:
Applications open: 5th August 2010.
Applications close: 17th September 2010.
Race began: 5th November 2010.

The timeline for the second season so far is as follows:
Applications open: 19th July 2011.
Applications closed: 19th August 2011. (I think)

you see this is why someone should go down to active tv and go a stake out because around this time last year i think they were choosing the final 11 so they(production) may bring the finalest team to active tv to tell them to get ready for a race around the world.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:01:31 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Not if they are not using active-TV this time.  :)

And my guess is the last week of Oct.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
Hey guys, expect filming to start towards the end of October, and perhaps get ready to see our own version of Kynt and Vixson :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:welcome: to RFF tarauslover!

We will welcome all cast info later on, but please remember that you put a team at risk of elimination if they are identified BEFORE the start...so no cast names or photos until AFTER the race is underway, okay?

Thanks, looking forward to more later!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:16:50 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
:welcome: to RFF tarauslover!

We will welcome all cast info later on, but please remember that you put a team at risk of elimination if they are identified BEFORE the start...so no cast names or photos until AFTER the race is underway, okay?

Thanks, looking forward to more later!

Thanks and yep sure no more info on them but they may be 2 males who just both happen to look emo/punk/goth. Also I am pretty sure this season we will see an Aboriginal/Indigenous Australian team.

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks and yep sure no more info on them but they may be 2 males who just both happen to look emo/punk/goth. Also I am pretty sure this season we will see an Aboriginal/Indigenous Australian team.

you sound like you know alot tarauslover

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member

you sound like you know alot tarauslover

I have my ways. Both from sources and doing research on the net. Starting location should probably be in Sydney this time, so keep your eyes peeled around the 26/27th of October.

• RFF Frantic Poster
do we have anything else

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The rumours of Malaysia as the first leg...have been UNconfirmed.

And looking as though the start will not be in Oct at all.

Also, just a reminder to those of you new here.

NO information on place and time of the actual start line should be posted in public before the racers are safely underway. This is to protect them from a media frenzy and insure a safe start.  :ty3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

• RFF Frantic Poster
The rumours of Malaysia as the first leg...
Malaysia 1st leg  was on my wish list

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
They could still go, just the info we had is no longer valid.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
If they do go, I have a friend who will be there November/December, I'll tell her to keep a lookout  :luvu:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
FYI. Not sure if it was anything but I saw 3 women in Darling Harbour Sydney yesterday afternoon with black t-shirts on with big red Amazing Race Australia Logos on the back (same as my avatar). It had Sydney 2011 underneath and a "Proudly Supported by Tourism New South Wales" logo.

One woman had a clipboard. They were in no rush to get anywhere. It was close to the Entertainment Centre.

Possibly a local race  :duno:
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Or maybe some prerace scouting? Interesting!!

Everyone keep your cameras at the ready!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
FYI. Not sure if it was anything but I saw 3 women in Darling Harbour Sydney yesterday afternoon with black t-shirts on with big red Amazing Race Australia Logos on the back (same as my avatar). It had Sydney 2011 underneath and a "Proudly Supported by Tourism New South Wales" logo.

One woman had a clipboard. They were in no rush to get anywhere. It was close to the Entertainment Centre.

Saw the same in Manly today!!
Weird.... :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Pictures guys pictures!!

And ummmm "hi I am a big fan, what's going on?" :lol:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:01:26 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

That clipboard suggests that it may have been a trial run for a leg (probably the first or last one) of ARAus 2.

Saw the same in Manly today!!
Weird.... :duno:

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think it's production

Why would a local race be soported by tourism nsw

I think we have a start line around the darling harbor area

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Sorry Peach, I am one of the only people left who doesn't have a smartphone with a decent camera on it.

Seems a little strange to me since you would think they wouldn't have such obvious t-shirts on if they were production.

Also Darling Harbour is a pretty busy place so to have a startline there would be at big risk of leaks.

Pictures guys pictures!!

And ummmm "hi I am a big fan, what's going on?" :lol:
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."