The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

TARAus 1 Episode 11 (Sri Lanka) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

<< < (9/9)

apskip:

--- Quote from: Joab on July 26, 2011, 11:32:10 AM ---
I know finally, the Roadblock is a gender discrimination one against the guys.. I didn't like how the guys struggled with it, but seriously if there's so many physical tasks on the race, surely one that required more of patience and details should be okay right.. especially if a guy actually know how to sew, he would have nailed that one too.

--- End quote ---
Actually, Joab, both the DETOUR and the ROADBLOCK were throwbacks to Amazing Race Asia 4 episode 3 and 4 in Sri Lanka. Here it is as reported in Calvin's recap:

Colombo (Gangaramaya Temple)

Detour: Count or Carry

In this detour, teams must make their way to the Peta commercial center which is really a fish market.

In Count, they must count the number of fishes in a fish crate. The fishes are iced so they must get it right in the first try or risk getting numb fingers. In Carry, teams must transport 12 blocks of ice via trolley to a stall. Each block of ice weighs 20 kilos each.

Roadblock: Reap What You Sew

In this roadblock, teams must make their way to the Trendy Connection shirt factory where one member must follow a pattern to sew a shirt.

Colombo (Independence Square) >Pit Stop (Leg 3)

Continuing to ARA4, leg 4, here are additional throwbacks:

Railway: Colombo (Fort Railway Station) to Galle (Galle Railway Station)
Roadblock ("Who can unlock the past?")<
Bus: Galle (Galle Bus Station) to Ambalangoda (Ambalangoda Train Station)
Ambalangoda (Mask Stall Vendor)

Elven6:

--- Quote from: Joab on July 28, 2011, 11:39:53 AM ---The girls were 10mins in front of the surfers.. so with that if surfers didn't have 20mins penalty, the girls would have been left with a total of 50 more minutes penalty to serve. I think Jeff and Luke might have checked in during the time.. definitely not Matt and Tom.

However, it could be fun if the girls came in THIRD last week and Surfers fourth.. and Nathan and Tyler has to serve 50 minutes penalty.. that could be interesting to watch.

--- End quote ---

It didn't seem like Jeff and Luke were that far off after the surfers had checked in so I think the girls could have placed either third or fourth with a 50 minute penalty since Matt & Tom showed up shortly after but the show is always edited in a way where it's difficult to keep track of time.

ct03:

--- Quote from: Elven6 on July 29, 2011, 10:17:13 PM ---It didn't seem like Jeff and Luke were that far off after the surfers had checked in
(...)
Matt & Tom showed up shortly after
--- End quote ---
There is no way to tell how close it was. The surfers had already left the pit stop area when Jeff and Luke checked in, so they could have been minutes or hours apart. Impossible to say.
It did appear however that the cowboys were way behind Jeff and Luke, because the sewing place was almost deserted and closed up by the time they left.

WalterC:
So happy that the final 3 will not be all-male teams. At this point, it would not really matter who would win, as I don't really hate any of them.

I did hate where the 10 minute penalty was assessed, as there could be so many variables between the train station and the pit shop. Jeff & Luke probably caught a huge break there, as they ran into more trouble after that.

These teams did not seem to have nearly as many problems with cab drivers as TARA4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version