Author Topic: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...  (Read 344311 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 02:42:21 PM »
Keyboard is repaired and I'm back in business!

November 30th doesn't sound like a plausible deadline for TAR 20; I'm suspecting this is a start towards TAR 21 in the fall of 2012.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »
Def NOT for 20. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Goldeneye

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 11:19:05 AM »
There's an open casting call at Bernie and Phyl's in Saugus, MA I believe on November 12 (which is a Saturday) from 9AM to noon - I think this might be for TAR21.

Note: Had incorrect date, watched that commercial again with the correct date - and removed the reference to TAR20.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:19:54 PM by Goldeneye »

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 04:38:30 PM »
I turn 18 on November 30th, guess I gotta wait 3 years (minimum age is 21, right?) and move to the US to apply.

No biggie. :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 07:32:50 PM »
freds found a link about an audition for TAR21 at Wilmington, North Carolina:

http://www.wilm-tv.com/contests/page/10347136/

Includes new application info!

http://www.wilm-tv.com/presentation/v1/documents/Amazing_Race_Affiliate_Eligibility_Requirements.pdf

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 07:38:49 PM »
Contestants must be 21 years of age or older :lol:

There is no point in putting that line in there when everyone knows they have made several exceptions. It just makes them look silly.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »
http://tv.blogs.starnewsonline.com/13949/amazing-race-casting-call-in-wilmington/

“Amazing Race” casting call in Wilmington
by Jeff Hidek
Want to be on “The Amazing Race?” This weekend is your chance to audition.

Auditions will be held 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday (Nov. 19)  in the Sears wing at Independence Mall. Local CBS affiliate WILM will be taping applicants creatively expressing why they should be considered for the show. All applicants must be 21 years of age or older, a United States citizen and in excellent physical and mental health. Applicants can NOT be employees of WILM-TV, CBS Broadcasting, and ABC Studios or hold a public office at the time of auditions. For additional information on the casting call and to register go to wilm-tv.com.

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »
http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2011/11/14/news/news04.txt

Amazing crowd for ‘Amazing’ tryout in Saugus
Originally Published on Monday, November 14, 2011
By Amber Parcher / The Daily Item
SAUGUS — The crowds and police cars outside a Saugus furniture store this weekend could have confused any casual passerby.

But Bernie & Phyl’s on Route 1 wasn’t giving away free furniture: The store was filled with thousands of would-be actors trying out for a coveted spot for “The Amazing Race,” a popular reality TV show.

For a decade, CBS has sent 11 pairs of travelers in a race across the world for a shot to race through checkpoints, clues and cultures and a chance to win $1 million.

The show came to Saugus on Saturday to find potential New England contestants for the next season.

Local CBS affiliate WBZ-TV and Bernie & Phyl’s Saugus franchise sponsored the casting call, which brought starry-eyed fans from Lynn, Saugus, Boston, New Hampshire and beyond.

Saturday’s casting call was aimed at to find duos that represent the East Coast, said Avry Sandler, sales marketing manager for WBZ-TV.

“We’re looking for people who are genuine, passionate, who have personality and who really have that local flavor,” she said.

New England must be fertile ground for reality TV stars: The Amazing Race held a casting call last year in Tewksbury and Survivor held one in August at Six Flags in Agawam.

Past casting calls in the area drew hundreds of potential contestants, but CBS officials said Saturday’s numbers blew that out of the water, with an unofficial count of 3,000.

The eclectic crowd kept themselves entertained as they waited for hours in a line that snaked around Bernie & Phyl’s several times over. Groups kicked around a soccer ball, partners in homemade “pick me” T-shirts rehearsed their 60-second speeches, and one person outfitted in a head-to-toe chicken costume danced around.

Lynn residents Jessica and Jenna Barbuzzi weren’t intimidated by some of their more outlandish competition.

They had arrived at Bernie & Phyl’s at 7:50 a.m. to check “trying out for a reality show” off their bucket list.

“We don’t know what will happen when we get in, but we just might have a chance,” Jessica said.

A few dozen people ahead of them, Ken Hanlon of Quincy was blowing his hands to keep warm. He had the same go-lucky attitude.

“Can’t win a lottery if you don’t buy a ticket,” he said, shrugging.

His try-out partner, Brian Baker of Quincy, agreed. But a case of beer would be nice to wait out the line, he admitted.

Kimberly Swanson and Arline Shea of Hudson, N.H., woke up at 5 a.m. to arrive to the casting call in time. For the pair, who had recently lost 75 pounds combined, trying out for such a physical show was a personal victory.

“It was something we couldn’t even fathom to do, and now we can,” Shea said.

Deep in the Saugus franchise of Bernie & Phyl’s, producers manning three makeshift stations with cameras and microphones filed contestants through in 60-second intervals, giving each pair total creativity to share why they should be picked for the show.

Lynne Spillman, the LA-based casting director for The Amazing Race and Survivor, said she looks for contestants that can grow throughout the show.

“It’s a relationship show, so I care a lot about the relationship and where it is now and what it could turn into from doing the race together,” she said in an interview last week.

Sure enough, Shea and Swanson, with their story of health and recovery, received a nod of approval from the mic-ed up producer standing behind them.

As for Lynn’s Barbuzzi sisters, they were a bit disappointed in how their sales pitch turned out.

“We should have practiced more,” Jessica said.

But her little sister Jenna stayed optimistic: “You only get one minute to make a million bucks,” she said.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »
Contestants must be 21 years of age or older :lol:

There is no point in putting that line in there when everyone knows they have made several exceptions. It just makes them look silly.

But I think that any racers that were under 21 didn't audition and were instead approached..

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 09:05:27 AM »
I hope everyone that wanted to apply got their applications in, good luck to everyone that applied.

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 09:07:48 AM »
Never mind I take that back it looks like they extended the deadline till tonight due to high volume of applications.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 10:23:17 AM »
Another reason may be that a couple of major ISPs (Cablevision, for one) had a major service outage earlier this week.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 10:32:59 AM »
And there are 250000 custoners without power in the LA/Pasadena area.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Goldeneye

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »
What the? 3,000 people for the Saugus open casting call, sounds like this series isn't ending anytime soon methinks.

I should note that at least two of the winners (Chris and Alex from TAR2, the Dan & Jordan from TAR16) are from the New England area - I forget if there are any others.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2011, 12:52:47 PM »
I hope there'll be open castings in Chicago  :hearts:
I'm so gonna drag my father to this lol..
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »
I hope there'll be open castings in Chicago  :hearts:
I'm so gonna drag my father to this lol..
If there happens to be one in chicago, I'll be driving there in order to do this!!

Offline crazetar

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 11:05:56 AM »
I am sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this, but does anyone know if calls have been sent out for casting for season 21? My friend and I applied and I just wanted to see if anyone know if there's still hope for us or not. haha

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 02:37:08 PM »
They haven't made any official announces..But supposedly, there will be TAR for several years to come. You'll have to wait, i'm pretty sure they'll announce it by april.

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2012, 09:42:54 PM »
I think the question was if any teams that have applied for the upcoming season have received calls for interviews, I am not sure, I heard that calls would be going out at the end of January but I have no idea if anyone has been called for interviews for the latest round.  Sorry

Offline crazetar

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 02:37:18 PM »
I think the question was if any teams that have applied for the upcoming season have received calls for interviews, I am not sure, I heard that calls would be going out at the end of January but I have no idea if anyone has been called for interviews for the latest round.  Sorry

Ya, that's what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear. I know they mentioned January would be around the time they start sending info back, but I was just wondering if anyone has heard. Thanks guys!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 05:26:54 PM »
Anyone who announces in public they got a call back is nuts..that is a sure way to get dumped. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »
You try this everytime,Peach?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »
Nope. If they want me, they know where I am! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2012, 06:01:58 AM »
 :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

You would have to put a zipper on the mouth to hold the excitment about the race  :lol: :lol:

But i think we ALL would have to do this...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2012, 09:41:30 PM »
New APPS!!

We are casting!!!!

Welcome to The Amazing Race online casting site. We are happy to let you know, that we are casting another season. We are looking for outgoing, adventurous, competitive and humorous teams of two.

The online appication (from this site) ,  home video and photos are all due on April 25th at 12pm (noon) PDT.

These will be considered for the 2012-2013 casting season. Calls will most likely go out in June and July, 2012 

The filiming dates for the season we are casting is early November, 2012.

http://www.theamazingracecasting.com/Home
RFF's Golden Rule: