Author Topic: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...  (Read 344778 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2014, 09:24:29 AM »
I thought I saw a twitter mention of an audition session being held in Rhode Island or Delaware some time very soon.

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Too bad for me, I'm on the west coast, they never seem to have any over here in the NW. :( ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2014, 12:39:31 PM »
Moving this to casting.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »
fare enough :groan: :) thanks

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2014, 08:02:13 AM »
I found it. It is Thursday June 19th, 1:30 PM - 8 PM at 2 sites in someplace called Put-In-Bay, Ohio, which appears to be near Toledo or Cleveland. Not Rhode Island or Delaware. One of the sites is on Delaware Ave., which is what tripped me up.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/25604554/the-amazing-race-casting-call-at-put-in-bay

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM »
I really hope they open up season 26 casting on the web ,I want to reapply :umn: :wohoo:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:49:34 AM by zerorecall »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2014, 09:37:39 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline saacman

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2014, 06:16:05 PM »
Hot off the press (and apparently not proofread yet :))  Time to get my app in!

"We are now accepting applications for 2014-2015. This new season will film in mid to late OCtober thru Mid December of 2014 (this is an estimte)."

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2014, 07:36:24 PM »
Well, that's season 26 for the record. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2014, 01:56:40 AM »
Banking on at least a call back this time!!!!!!!! Were ready Phil !!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo: :hug?: video and application!!!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2014, 02:50:53 PM »
Casting Call Conn  Monhegan

http://www.wfsb.com/story/25529122/amazing-race-casting-call

more info here: MEET BOSTON ROB!

The Amazing Race Casting Call Plus "Boston" Rob Mariano of Amazing Race and Survivor
at The Shops at Mohegan Sun
Wednesday, June 11th
   2:00pm

http://mohegansun.com/events-and-promotions/schedule-of-events/amazing-race.html

Hope someone went!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:01:42 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2014, 09:22:32 AM »
Pics from the casting call!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2014, 12:33:36 PM »
Jodi Wincheski sent out a tweet a couple of hours ago saying she had updated her tips for making audition tapes for TAR and Survivor. I haven't looked at them, but since she's involved with casting for Survivor these days, I'm sure there's lots of good info there.

jodi wincheski ‏@jodiwincheski 38m
I've updated application/video info on my notes sections for people applying to Survivor and The Amazing Race. I... http://fb.me/3TLSDqiIL

Here's the direct link to her tips:

https://www.facebook.com/jodi.wincheski/notes

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2014, 01:06:13 PM »
WELL worth paying close attention to!! Thanks Plaid!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2014, 05:12:51 PM »
For those of us that don't have a facebook account? Can anyone post them here? I would love to see them
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:16:22 PM by zerorecall »

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2014, 09:50:58 AM »
Tips to Making an Amazing Race Audition Tape
By Jodi Wincheski
https://www.facebook.com/jodi.wincheski/notes
June 12, 2014 at 8:19am
Tips to Making an Amazing Race Audition Tape

Your audition tape is one of the most important parts of the application process. It’s a way for us to see who you are and your personalities.  It’s like a really awkward first date and you’re trying to impress us to get us to ask you out on a second date. So don’t be boring!

-          First, understand what show you’re applying to. Actually, watch a couple episodes! Tailor your audition tape to that show. As much as The Amazing Race is about travel and adventure, the core of the show is about relationships. It’s the relationship between the partners that’s the most fascinating element of the show.

-          Be yourself!  The best audition tapes are videos where we get to know who you are. It’s not about putting together the best skit or wearing the wackiest costumes. We’re looking for real people and we want to know the real you. We don’t want to hear scripted and rehearsed lines. You are NOT an actor!  You can be as creative as you want and definitely have fun, but don’t let a scripted skit dominate your entire audition tape. It’s incredibly difficult to know who you are when you’re being a fake character or doing random accents.

-          This is NOT a job interview so have fun with your video. Imagine you’re in a bar drinking beer with your friends.  Bring that level of energy and personality. Remember, you’re trying to get us to go on a second date with you!

-          Be creative! Unless you have an amazing personality, just sitting on a couch in a dimly lit room and talking to a camera is probably not going to help you. Think about the show you’re applying to and craft your video to relate to the show.

-          Sometimes showing us something on video is more interesting than just telling us. For example, it’s one thing to say you can make a fire, it’s more believable and impressive if you actually build one on tape.

-          Don’t read cue card. We can tell you’re reading something and you are not really impressing us with your reading ability.

-          Definitely ask your friends and family to help you out with the video. Actually, have someone hold a camera and shoot your video for you.  We always get people shooting with a tripods and the framing is always off.  If you’re not technically inclined, ask your nerdiest friends and family to help you edit your audition tape.

-          We understand that not everyone is a video editor. So don’t stress about editing or trying too hard to impress us with your editing skills. Sadly, there’s no Emmy for Best Editing in a Reality Show Audition Tape. Sometimes simple and to the point works.
So what stuff should you talk about in your video? Obviously, you don’t have to include every topic below but this should give you an idea of what are good topics to discuss in your video. Just remember everything you talk about should some how show us your personality or relate directly to the show.

-          Talk about the show.  For example, why do you want to be on the show? Are you diehard fans of the show since season one or are you new fans? What’s so amazing about the show that you’re going to get off your couch and apply for the show? What challenges excite you? Who are your favorite contestants?

-          Talk about your relationship.  The most important part of your video is you talking about your relationship with your partner. Define the relationship. For example, what are the strengths and weaknesses of your relationship? Is your relationship totally dysfunctional or are you a solid team? Are you working through relationship issues? Are there things you want to prove to your partner? How will the show help/harm your relationship?

-          Does your team share a common characteristic? Some teams have interesting common traits like a job, lifestyle, hometowns, or personalities. Are you cowboy brothers from Wyoming, dating Goths, stockbrokers from Wall Street, married blueberry farmers from New England? Shoot any footage that can illustrate this bond. For example, cowboys riding horses, Goths dancing in a club, and the blueberry farmers working the farm on a tractor.

-          Do you come from a unique region or state? Talk about where you’re from and how it’s a part of your personality. For example, are you from The South where you know how to use “Southern Charm” to get what you want? Are you proud to be from Boston and you have a wicked Boston accent to prove it? Did you grow up on a Texas cattle ranch and you know what hard work really is? Or maybe you grew up in a hippie commune in San Francisco? Did you grow up in a small town in the Midwest or did you grow up on the streets of Los Angeles? If you can, shoot footage of where you’re from so we can see you in your everyday environment. For example, a farmers on the farm with the chickens and the pigs, the New York City stockbrokers in a suit on Wall Street, or the Alaskans on a dog sled. 

-          Talk about your job and how your job skills may help you on the show.  For example, a bartender uses his people skills to convince people to leave tips, a lawyer knows how to argue a point, an Army sergeant knows how to lead a group, and a college athlete will do well in any physical challenges. If you have an interesting job, show us footage of yourself at work and what you do on a daily basis.  If you wear a unique uniform or outfit for work, you may want to also include footage of yourself in your uniform. For example, firemen in their uniforms next to a fire truck, doctors in scrubs in an operating room, or the donut shop owners selling donuts.

-          Have you overcome any challenges or obstacles in your life? Sometimes it becomes a cliché on a reality show but these life changing events shape who we are and our personalities.  For example, have you won a battle with a cancer or watch someone you love die? Did your parents divorce when you were a kid or did watch your mother struggle as a single parent? Have you beaten drug addiction? Did you overcome a learning disability or were you the first person in your family to graduate college? What life experiences will help you compete on the show?

-          Talk about your family. If you’re married or have kids, you may want to show us footage of your family. Everyone always loves seeing parents with their kids. What do your kids mean to you? Were you a single father, a teenage parent, or do your kids just drive you up the wall?

-          Talk about the skills you’re going to bring on the show.  For example, do you have navigation skills and can read a map? Are you well travelled? Can you flirt with people to persuade them to help you? What skills are you bring to the show that will help your team?

-          How athletic are you? The Amazing Race is a physical show and to do well, you have to have some sort of athletic ability. For example, did you play any sports in high school or college? Do those sports relate to any of the challenges on The Amazing Race? Even if you’re not an athlete, do you work out? Do you lift weights, go to yoga classes, or jog around the block? Do you enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, swimming, or rock climbing? Does your job require you to be physical everyday? For instance, a delivery truck driver lifts heavy boxes, a waitress is on her feet the entire day, and a farmer does a lot of manual labor around the farm. Shoot some footage showing how athletic you are.

-          Do you think you can win the show? What are you going to do to make sure your team is the winner? How hard are you going to fight to win? What are you going to do with the prize money? Convince us why we need to put you on the show.

Lighting Tips

-          If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.

-          Avoid shooting in front of a window with bright sunlight streaming in, this will cause silhouetting

-          When shooting outdoors, avoid shooting with the sun directly behind you, this will also cause silhouetting.

-          Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.

Audio Tips

-          Speak loudly and clearly

-          Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so ambient noises won’t distract from what you’re saying.

-          If shooting indoors, avoid shooting in loud and crowded rooms where your voice will be drowned out by other people.

-          If shooting outdoors, avoid shooting in loud areas and when it’s windy.  The wind will distort the microphone.

Music Tips

-          Feel free to creatively use music throughout your video.  However, we want to
      both see you and hear you so avoid using music underneath the parts where     
      you’re talking about yourself.

Camera Tips

-          Your video will be shown on a TV.  Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV.  Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style.

Good video: Landscape                                   Bad Video: Portrait

Guide to Sending Audition Videos Over the Internet

STEP 1 – EXPORT YOUR MOVIE
Your first step is to export your edited movie out of your editing software. Look for a button or menu item that usually says “Export Movie” or “Save Movie.”  If you’re unable to locate this, please refer to your editing software’s manual or the application’s Help menu item.

STEP 2 – COMPRESS YOUR MOVIE
Once you select “Export Movie” or “Save Movie,” most editing applications will give you compression options.  Compression makes your video’s file size smaller so that it’s easier to upload and send your files over the Internet.  If you have compression options, follow the guideline below. If you’re an Advanced user, feel free to experiment with the compression options to improve your video’s quality.

COMPRESSION GUIDELINES

CODECS
A codec is the format in which your video will be encoded. Different codecs have different features and varying quality. For best results, we recommend using H.264 (sometimes referred to as MP4) for the video codec and AAC (short for Advanced Audio Codec) for the audio codec. If you're on a Windows machine, WMV3 is a good choice for video codec.

FRAME RATE AND KEYFRAMES
If there is an option that says "current," it is best to just go with that. Otherwise, use 30 fps (frames per second).  If there is an option for keyframes, use “current” or 30.

DATA RATE
This setting controls both the visual quality of the video and how big the file will be. In most video editors, this is done in terms of kilobits per second (kbits/sec or kbps). Use 2000 kbits/sec for standard definition 4:3 video (non-widescreen video), 3000 kbits/sec for widescreen video, or 5000 kbits/sec for HD footage. Feel free to experiment to get the best video quality while at the same time keeping an eye out for file size.

RESOLUTION
640x480 for standard definition 4:3 video (non-widescreen), 853x480 for widescreen, or 1280x720 for high definition. If you have the option to control the pixel aspect ratio (not display aspect ratio) make sure it's set to "1:1" or "1.00", also sometimes called "square pixels."

AUDIO SETTINGS
Choose AAC for the audio codec. You'll want to set the bit rate to 320 kbps and the sample rate to 44.100 kHz.

ACCEPTABLE VIDEO FORMATS
avi, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, wmv, m4v

STEP 3 – NAME YOUR MOVIE
We handle a lot of audition videos so it’s important that you clearly label your audition video with your full name.

STEP 4 – TEST YOUR MOVIE
Once you’ve made your movie, locate the video file and try playing the video.  Make you can both see and hear the video.

STEP 5 – UPLOAD YOUR  MOVIE
Now it’s time to upload your movie!

*** DO NOT UPLOAD TO YOUTUBE ***

There are many different file sharing websites that you can use.  One of the best sites we’ve found so far is WeTransfer. You can upload files up to 2GB. That’s plenty of enough space for your video.

WeTransfer
https://www.wetransfer.com

Visit one of these sites. Click “Choose File” or “Browse” and navigate to your video file’s location.  Fill out the Recipient’s Email box with the email address of your Casting Associate and also your email address. Then click “Upload File” or “Send It.”  Depending on your internet connection and the size of your file, it may take several minutes or even hours.  Just leave the website open and allow it to completely upload your video.

CONGRATULATIONS!
You’ve just sent your audition video over the Internet! Good luck!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:02:22 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2014, 07:37:01 PM »
Strange news on the CBS TAR casting page.
PLEASE NOTE! AS OF TODAY, JUNE 17TH, 2014...WE NEED DATING COUPLES!!! PLEASE APPLY !

So I guess if you are not a "Dating Couple", don't apply??? (:;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »
Good. I like unusual combos.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2014, 09:20:18 PM »
Apparently they have a pool shortage. But I don't think I've ever seen them openly inviting a certain label before.
-- theschnauzers

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2014, 11:00:40 PM »
An all M/F season with some Gays and Lesbians for TAR26? o.O

Offline August14

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2014, 12:21:04 AM »
Hi guys! I've been following RFF for a while, but have a question so I finally made an account.
I just submitted my application for season 26, and I had previously applied for season 25. When I finished submitting this time, it said, "We already have your application on file from [my email address]." Has anyone else had this happen? I also didn't get a confirmation email like I did last season after submitting. I just want to make sure that my app went through!
Thanks!

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2014, 10:28:14 AM »
Great question, I got that too I would love to understand it.

Offline August14

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2014, 11:50:23 AM »
A little frustrating, right zerorecall? I feel like I put all this work in and now I am not sure it went through! Did this happen to anyone else? Should we email the contact email address?

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »
A little frustrating, right zerorecall? I feel like I put all this work in and now I am not sure it went through! Did this happen to anyone else? Should we email the contact email address?
Yeah I did that too, my logic went like this:
If they have our email in there database
 A : our "re-apply" does a check to see if we are there, if it is it either updates the information and video
 B: or it dumps it "saying you already are there.

If the email address is not there it adds the application and video and sends a reply

Either way it is now in a database that is searchable:
A: they can do blind searchs for "labeled people" IE "NFL, Sports, Modeling ETC" based on key words meaning there may be no-one at all looking at our hard work with our video.
B:they still look at every video that is "queued up"

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:19:10 PM by zerorecall »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2014, 02:45:53 PM »
Yeah, maybe they have a shortage of dating couples. Which would be SHOCKING.  :funny:

Good news is, maybe they a wealth of other great teams (parent/child, siblings, friends)  :yess: