The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...

<< < (3/74) > >>

kadilahopper:
Hi Iron Mike,
  I had the same problem.  Everything was fine until the video.  It wouldn't go.  It was too large.  It had to be no larger than 2.9 MB.  My video was 23.8 MB.  I finally converted it to 3kb by email format.  Don't ask me how.  Anyway it went through.  Whether the video was attached is anybody's guess.  I wish you all the luck in the world, hon.  Keep your fingers crossed.  :<)   

ironmike:
Ah thanks kadilahopper.  Good luck to you too!  Maybe I'll try to get the video smaller than 3 MB.  Do I use winzip?

TexasLady:

--- Quote from: ironmike on July 15, 2011, 11:30:19 PM ---Thanks so much.  I tried to submit it just now.  It went through, but I have a feeling no video was attached, which is disappointing.  It wouldn't accept my QuickTime videos, so I converted to MPG4. But at that point I can't submit my application and/or the blue line doesn't go away.  It's just disappointing.  I'm so bad at this stuff.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: kadilahopper on July 16, 2011, 10:09:36 AM ---Hi Iron Mike,
  I had the same problem.  Everything was fine until the video.  It wouldn't go.  It was too large.  It had to be no larger than 2.9 MB.  My video was 23.8 MB.  I finally converted it to 3kb by email format.  Don't ask me how.  Anyway it went through.  Whether the video was attached is anybody's guess.  I wish you all the luck in the world, hon.  Keep your fingers crossed.  :<)   

--- End quote ---

If you have a way to convert it to FLV or use Windows Movie Maker and use WMF if that is doable for you. Either one will reduce the file size for you. Hopefully this will help you get your video uploaded.  :tup:

kadilahopper:
Texas lady you are a trip :<) . :yess:  I didn't understand a word you wrote.  :duno:  I am so computer dyslexic, it ain't funny.  My son and I used our webcam to make our video. We did use Windows Movie Maker and after trying to figure out how to get it from 23 MB to 2.9 I finally saw a tab that said send by email.  Our video went from 23 MB to 3 kb.  I clicked on that and then the application went through.  Whether the video was attached, I have no idea.  Since there was an asterik after every "required" section on the application, I am hoping that the application could not be sent without having ALL required "fields filled out".  Including the video.  But the upside to all this is that I am learning new stuff all the time.  You folks are a fount of information.  Thanks for the help.   :hearts:

georgiapeach:
Looks like this has been changed to "upcoming Seasons" now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version