Author Topic: TAR 19 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays  (Read 41243 times)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Re: TAR 19 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »
Basically, everyone is "screwed" in terms of an early TAR start time.  Steelers vs. Patriots = a fleet of penalties. So 100% delay (penalties make games longer than normal).  However, probably not a 75 minute delay.  Keep in mind that all the late CBS games have to end before they start 60 Minutes during a National/Network double-header.

So, according to CBS Sports, TAR will be delayed nationally about three more times (for football this season, hoops and golf not until TAR20).  That does include the finale.  Meant to post this earlier, but I am still in the battle against procrastination (and whatever else). Should be over in about a week or so lol!

In brief, nothing the next two weeks (save for regional late games for the fans' local teams, but then everyone's affected on 11/20, 11/27 and then 12/11.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2011, 06:30:50 PM »
CBS Eye-lert says:
Revised start times for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (7:29pm ET), The Amazing Race (8:29pm ET), The Good Wife (9:29pm ET) and CSI: Miami (10:29pm ET) due to CBS Sports live coverage of the NFL.

-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »
First, the U.S. returns to standard time on Saturday night-Sunday morning at 3:00 a.m. DST, 2:00 a.m. standard time in each local time zone. (So does Canada, btw.)

Second, that means for our international friends outside of North America, the show airs one hour later.

Finally, FOX has the doubleheader this week. CBS has two late games, Denver at Oakland and Cincinnati at Tennessee. Markets currently shown as getting the single CBS game in late afternoon, and possibly dealing with overruns, are: most of South Dakota and parts of Nebraska, metro Dallas market, metro New Orleans market, metro Tampa market, metro Atlanta and all of north Georgia, the metro D.C. and Baltimore markets, (which include parts of Virginia, West Virginia, and much of Maryland, and a large are covering most of Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk9.html
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »
Doesn't our usual feed originate out of Tampa? For some reason Tampa keeps seeing Denver games which are always in the later slot. I can't imagine why they keep showing those :lol3:

(Atlanta keeps getting that game too peach)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 03:38:48 PM »
Both Tampa and Atlanta are home markets for NFL teams in the National Football Conference. Under the rules the NFL has in place with CBS and FOX, both the FOX and CBS station are limited to one game when there is no sellout at the stadium within 72 hours of the kickoff. And if the home team is away, then that game has to be aired; what usually happens is that the other channel carries a game that does not air against the home team's game.
When there is no sellout, then the local station of the network with the doubleheader can only air one game, and that's why the506 weekly maps may have some local areas in gray.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2011, 01:39:03 PM »
There have been a few CBS markets that switched games for Sunday, but the only ones of consequence are two stations in Nebraska that have switched from an early afternoon game to a late afternoon game. Some of this may be areas of Nebraska getting the east coast feed, but its hard to tell for sure.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2011, 01:44:28 PM »
Tell me again what happens for :meme  ??

:lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2011, 01:47:44 PM »
Tell me again what happens for :meme  ??

:lol:

You and I both get late games. :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2011, 02:46:35 PM »
Hmmm. Okay, I will need a bit more info before deciding whether or not to post an on time stream or a delayed stream. If the majority of the East Coast wil be on time...may go with that. Otherwise, we can do delayed?? Somebody keep me posted on Sunday please??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »
The only other areas that will be affected are most of Kentucky and Tennessee and parts of Louisiana and Indiana.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 10:18:44 PM »
Prophet, read my earlier post, thanks.
Markets currently shown as getting the single CBS game in late afternoon, and possibly dealing with overruns, are: most of South Dakota and parts of Nebraska, metro Dallas market, metro New Orleans market, metro Tampa market, metro Atlanta and all of north Georgia, the metro D.C. and Baltimore markets, (which include parts of Virginia, West Virginia, and much of Maryland, and a large are covering most of Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana.

Peach, Population-wise, most of the east coast markets won't be delayed, but to check the feeds you have available click on the link in my previous post; it goes to the506 map of the CBS games for this Sunday. Areas in blue and yellow are this week's late games. If you need help send me a PM, and I'll do what I can.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2011, 07:03:54 PM »
If you go to the scheduling thread and look for my post from Wednesday, you'll find a link to a map that shows the NFL games for CBS, and the areas in blue and yellow are the late games this week.
Each week's map is different (i.e., colors are chosen by the blogger) so don't rely on colors each week. I will note that FOX has the doubleheader next week again, so we'll be in a similar boat again next week (some areas on time and some having overruns.)

It actually looks like only Baltimore and Seattle could see a late CBS game next week. That is the only 4:05 game on the schedule.
 :yess:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2011, 08:51:45 PM »
Other markets get games besides the local markets for the teams. We won't know until Tuesday which markets will be taking which games per the network, and local stations can seek approval to switch to a different game up until the Friday before the Sunday. The maps change every week.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2011, 03:32:29 AM »
If you go to the scheduling thread and look for my post from Wednesday, you'll find a link to a map that shows the NFL games for CBS, and the areas in blue and yellow are the late games this week.
Each week's map is different (i.e., colors are chosen by the blogger) so don't rely on colors each week. I will note that FOX has the doubleheader next week again, so we'll be in a similar boat again next week (some areas on time and some having overruns.)

It actually looks like only Baltimore and Seattle could see a late CBS game next week. That is the only 4:05 game on the schedule.
 :yess:

The West Coast never gets delayed due to the 3 hour time difference (the game starts at 1:05 out here), so only Baltimore would be affected.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2011, 10:26:29 AM »
Plaidmoon and Prophet, the map for next week isn't even posted until tomorrow. Simply because only one east coast team may have a late game doesn't mean only that local market is the only one carrying a late game. Other NFL home markets, especially those where there's no sellout may also end up with a late game, and other local markets may choose for local reasons to air a late game (such as a popular player from an area may be in a game being played late).

Just wait until tomorrow afternoon for the map to come up and then we'll know the state of NFL overrun potential in the east coast markets.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2011, 09:55:12 PM »
With only one late game on the CBS schedule for Sunday, there are only seven markets on the east coast feed that currently plan to air the late game. southeast Florida (Miami) and the Florida Keys, metro Atlanta, metro New Orleans, metro St. Louis, metro Cleveland, and the central mid-Atlantic region (metro Washington, metro Baltimore, metro Philadelphia, which amounts to all of Delaware, Maryland, southeast Pennsylvania, the eastern panhandle of West Virgina, northern Virginia, and southern New Jersey.)

Most east coast markets will not air a late game, so for most of us, TAR will not be delayed this week.

A heads up that three of the next four weeks CBS will have the doubleheaders, so we can plan on episodes 9. 10 and 12 definitely having NFL coverage overruns.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »
Update: While there were some game switches in local markets, none of them changed the markets getting that one late game so the description in my last post is it for Sunday night.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 08:16:58 AM »
Cleveland, Baltimore, and Atlanta are the only East Coast markets who should have an overrun. :yess:
http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk10.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2011, 08:22:39 AM »
Swell. :res:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2011, 09:54:08 AM »
Well, the good news is that when you're delayed three times over the following four episodes (including the finale), you'll be delayed with the rest of America!  No one would get a head-start!

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2011, 10:26:06 AM »
Cleveland, Baltimore, and Atlanta are the only East Coast markets who should have an overrun. :yess:
Prophet, you got it wrong. Please look at the map more carefully. I stand by my summary above.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »
Prophet, you got it wrong. Please look at the map more carefully. I stand by my summary above.

You're right :tup: I missed Miami and included all those New England states in the Baltimore market :groan:

Next week probably all of the Eastern and Central zones will be delayed by the Titans/Falcons game. (Some markets will see the Bears)

CBS also has the doubleheader on the 27th so most of us can enjoy this one week of normal airing for a while.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 05:28:57 PM by Prophet »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2011, 05:36:50 PM »
Do you guys know what games would potentially still be playing at 8 pm on the West coast?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2011, 08:01:16 PM »
Probably just the NBC game of the week, so you'd be safe.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2011, 07:46:49 AM »
Yeah, every game except the NBC one is always off by 7:30-8:00 Eastern time.