Author Topic: China Rush2-Show discussion!!! Ep 12-Final!!!. **WARNING--SPOILERS**  (Read 121965 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: China Rush2-Show discussion!!! Ep 9 p 20. **WARNING--SPOILERS**
« Reply #300 on: September 25, 2011, 08:07:46 AM »
The roadblock was one team member had to carry a flag and their rucksack from the 4508m altitude marker up the mountain, though it didn't say how far, then plant the flag at the top to get the next clue.

Thank you... Detour?

Offline Mak

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #301 on: September 25, 2011, 08:13:53 AM »
One detour was using a traditional bow and arrow of the DongBa people the teams had to score 100 points by hitting the target (it looked like a regular bow and arrow target).  Only Tameka & Elena finished this part of the detour.  The other detour was carrying things through the DongBa village.  First each team member had to load a lot of firewood into traditional basket style backpacks and carry it to one house.  Then from that house each team member had to carry a big jug full of alcohol to another place.  From there each team member had to carry a drum to the final point of this detour.  They had to bang a drum a few times then the guy would give them the clue.  Hao Fei Er broke her alcohol jug when she was putting it down at the destination and had to carry another one from the firewood house.  Mary also broke her alcohol jug and had to carry another one.  Matt was having trouble getting his firewood backpack on and all the firewood fell out so he had to repack it.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #302 on: September 25, 2011, 08:48:27 AM »
Team rankings after episode 8

Sun Bin and Hao Fei'er - 3.25
Lily and Jan - 3.375
Mary and Cecelia - 4
Matt and Kylie - 4.875
Simon and Katherine - 5.625 (the only team left to never come in the top two)

Eliminated teams:
Elena and Tameka - 4
Rhett and Howie - 5.67
Summer and Eachen - 5.25
Xiao Long and Lv Meng - 4.67
A'lai and Jackie - 9.5
Paul and Nash - 11
Bring on the 21!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #303 on: September 25, 2011, 09:12:44 AM »
Awwww.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: September 25, 2011, 03:47:11 PM »
Gooo Lily and Jan!!!  :hearts:

Anyway, I had to rely on you guys because the links won't work for me.  :(

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #305 on: September 25, 2011, 04:54:33 PM »
I'm a little upset at Mary & Cecilia. A guy told them he knew where the route marker was and they ignored him, and they even told Simon & Katherine that he didn't know where he was going. Then later he drives up in his car and takes them there. Or maybe I'm wrong and I just got confused.

Offline Mak

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #306 on: September 25, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »
There was another voice-over error this week.  Alan's voice-over said Elena and Tameka had to make 20 cake things in the speed bump, but it turned out they only had to make 10.  It can't be that difficult to re-record the wrong voice-over can it? 

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: September 25, 2011, 10:06:10 PM »
Even though the press release hyped moments that didn't appear, I appreciated how grueling and physically taxing this leg was.

Thanks for the info about Rick, weihen.  I expected a local to be up there on the mountain and was sort of surprised that there was a Caucasian guy giving out the clues.

You got the gist of what happened with Mary & Cecilia, Best Loser.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #308 on: September 27, 2011, 08:31:20 AM »
From China Rush 2 official website
"A tedious roadblock task has all teams struggling to satisfy the clue-giver. While some teams arriving early are overtaken by teams arriving later.
Three teams got lost trying to find Yimahai Village, giving two other teams a long lead. One girl in the leading team suffers from exhaustion in the roadblock task, losing their lead.
In the end, one team tasted their first win while all teams got a big surprise. What happened in this episode?"

"one team tastes their first win" scares me, it better not be Simon! the only other team that hasn't won yet is Matt and Kylie and the preview for next week episode seems to indicate they do well, so I think they finally win a leg.

As for the "big surprise" I dont know what it is, could be a TBC? who knows.
Bring on the 21!

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: September 27, 2011, 11:19:40 PM »
It is said that the following leg would be a double-length one.

Rumor has it that Kylie and Matt won the next leg. (Unverified)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #310 on: September 28, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »
After re-watching episode 8, I hope that Matthew & Kylie didn't shortchange that guy, whose van had smoke emanating from it, by a lot.

I've never enjoyed watching people on television shows stiff those who are just trying to earn a living.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: October 02, 2011, 07:20:39 AM »
Qinghai!

Offline Mak

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #312 on: October 02, 2011, 08:07:02 AM »
Go from Lijiang to Qinghai Xunhua city.  The task is to go to a hat factory, and get 40 identical muslim hats and trim all the loose threads from the hats, and then pack them into bags for shipping.  Sun bin and Fei Er had lots of rejected hats by the looks of it.

Lily and Jan finish first.  Next clue: Go to yellow er tomorrow morning, and blow up a lamb hide raft to cross the river, climb up bridge to get clue. Matt & kylie finish second.  Fei Er & Sun Bin third, Simon & Katherine fourth then the girls last.

Matt & kylie finish blowing up raft task first, row across the river.  Lily and jan second.  Sun Bin & Fei Er get taken to the wrong bridge and have to walk back.  Matt & Kylie get the next clue first.  It's a Detour. :Sun or Bun.  In Sun, they have to assemble a solar panel and then get clue if it's assembled correctly.  In Bun, they have to wrap 20 traditional sweet dumplings and have them approved.  Matt & Kylie choose bun.  Lili & Jan get the clue and choose bun.  Sun Bin & Fei Er get across the river.  Simon & Katherine arrive at raft task.  Matt & Kylie arrive at bun task. 

Sun Bin & Fei Er make it across the river and choose Bun.  Lili & Jan arrive at bun task.  Matt & Kylie starting to make their buns.  Simon & Katherine crossing river with strong current.  Kylie thinks task is very hard, and Jan too.  Sun Bin & Fei Er arrive at bun task.  Simon & Katherine make it across the river, and Mary & Cecilia arrive at river crossing on the wrong side.  Simon & Katherine choose sun.  Mary & Cecilia start blowing up their raft.  Simon & Katherine start the sun task.  Jan still having trouble with making the buns.  Mary & Cecilia finally cross the river.  They choose bun.  Simon & Katherine assemble their solar panel, but it has a problem so they have to reassemble.  Mary & Cecilia switch to sun.  Jan & Lili finish the detour first.  Clue: Go to Yimahai village to find next clue.  Simon & Katherine help Mary & Cecilia a bit with the assembly.  Simon & Katherine finish the detour.  Matt & Kylie finish the detour.  Lili & Jan need to ask where the village is.

No-one seems to know where Yimahai village is.  Mary & Cecilia finish the detour.  Sub Bin & Fei Er finish the detour.  Simon & Katherine go to wrong Yimamu village.  Lili & Jan change taxi.  Matt & Kylie arrrive at the village.  Road Block:  One team member has to cross a river on cart zipline by pulling themselves across and take a basket of goods to deliver to village.  Matt does it. Lili & Jan arrive at village.  Jan does it. Simon angry at taxi driver.  Matt crosses the river and delivers basket.  Simon & Kathering arrive at village.  Katherine does road block.  Matt delivers basket, and gets clue.  Mary & Cecilia, Fei Er & Sun Bin get clue,  Cecelia & Fei Er do the road block.  Jan makes it across the river.  Matt on his way back across the river.  Clue: Go to Wen Du monestary for the next clue. Jan delivers basket.  Katherine starts the roadblock.  Matt & Kylie on their way to the temple.  Katherine struggling with the crossing, but she makes it. Jan back across river.  Fei Er crossing river.  Also struggling, but makes it.  Katherine delivers basket.  Matt& Kylie's taxi stops to add gas.  Katherine makes it back across the river.  Cecilia starts crossing but is having trouble.  Fei Er delivers basket.  Matt & Kylie and Lili & Jan arrive at temple, work together to find clue. 

Cecilia really struggling, finally manages to pull her way across.  Fei Er comforts her and tries to help her out.  Fei Er on her way back.  Lili & Jan find clue at the monestary, followed by Matt & Kylie.  Clue: Go to the pitstop at Camel Spring mosque.  The race is on!  Cecilia struggling with basket, gets some water from some guys.  Fei Er back across river.  Matt & Kylie and Lili & Jan arrive at the mosque at the same time, Matt & Kylie run in first.  Lili & Jan close behid.  Matt & Kylie get to the mat first, Lili & Jan second.  The leg is not over.  Matt & Kylie a bit disappointed.  Clue: Go to  the long distance bus station for next clue.  Cecilia delivers the basket.  Sun Bin & Fei Er  arrive at the monestary and find the clue.  Simon & Katherine arrive at the monestary and find the clue.  Matt & Kylie & Lili & Jaan go to a bus station.  Sun Bin & Fei Er arrive at pitstop.  Mary & Cecilia arrive at monestary and find clue.  Simon & Katherine arrive at the pit stop.  Someone tells Lili & Jan & Matt & Kylie they have to goto Xining bus station, 2hrs away.  Kylie crying.  Mary & Cecilia arrive at pit stop.  To be continued....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:12:00 AM by M »

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: October 02, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »
Don't make one-at-a-time Roadblocks! It doesn't change the order at all.

I find it odd how Simon wants Mary & Cecilia in the race. I like them, so I guess I like him now.

Offline SFSciolist

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #314 on: October 09, 2011, 02:23:26 AM »
I'm a little upset at Mary & Cecilia. A guy told them he knew where the route marker was and they ignored him, and they even told Simon & Katherine that he didn't know where he was going. Then later he drives up in his car and takes them there. Or maybe I'm wrong and I just got confused.

I don't really blame them.  In China, it is common for people to give you wrong directions rather than admit that they don't really know.  It's sometimes hard to figure out who to believe.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: October 09, 2011, 08:07:33 AM »
Sad for the emilinated team :'(

Offline Mak

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #316 on: October 09, 2011, 08:08:50 AM »
The girls Cecilia and Mary got eliminated this week.

This week's roadblock: Construct 5 characters from traditional Chinese shadow theatre.  Each team member had lots of parts of each puppet, and had to put each one together correctly and tie the joints together with string. 

This week's detour:  Spin it or Stack it.  In spin it, the teams had to go to a honey farm, and take 2 honeycombs(?), brush all the bees off then put them in this machine.  They then have to turn a handle on the machine to spin the honeycombs around to get the honey.  Then they had to fill one jar with honey.  All teams except Lily and Jan did this one.
In stack it, the teams had to bale hay into 5 bales, tying each bale with two pieces of rope.  They then had to carry the bales across a small river and stack them like the other stacks already there.

Other tasks:  The teams had to figure out the ingredients of '8 treasure tea', and the shifu would taste it and check if they had all 8 ingredients.  If they got it wrong 3 times in a row, they would have a 15 minute penalty before trying again.  Only Matt & Kylie got a penalty but this didn't affect their place.

Before the detour the teams had to go to a monastery and light 6 candles and then the monk would give them the next clue.

After the detour the teams had to go to the Ming great wall remains to get the next clue.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #317 on: October 09, 2011, 10:12:18 AM »
While I am really really disappointed that the girls have been eliminated, I'm really happy and proud of them for making it through 10 legs, only about 10 female teams have made it through double-digit legs (not including double occurences, Dustin and Kandice, Kisha and Jen), and it's all made the more amazing after being yielded twice and barely surviving three legs each with a second-to-last-place finish. They performed strong and left their mark on the race.

It sucked knowing that either Kylie or the girls would be eliminated, it's like choosing between your children, oh well, what happens happens. The race goes on.

Just please don't let Simon make it to the final three, or worse.... I can't even mention it ... ... ... ... ... win *SHRIEK!*
I like Katherine though.

This season has been truly amazing, without needing to leave the country, it really goes to show that the race can be done well without the flashiness of numerous countries, at its heart, it's an adventure, all about the journey, not the destination.
Bring on the 21!

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: China Rush2-Show discussion!!! Ep 10 p 20. **WARNING--SPOILERS**
« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2011, 06:08:00 AM »
It was a hilarious episode. Wonderful! :tup: It was entertaining to see 90's sisters crying aloud, shouting their butts hurt :lol3:

***BEHIND THE SCENE***

Because of those bees, Cecilia had a injection after this episode was shot. Then the siblings went on travels, enjoying the prizes.

好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2011, 07:12:19 AM »
BBTV broke down today.
Youcan watch on http://ics.smgbb.cn/

Offline Mak

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2011, 08:15:39 AM »
This week's stream was pretty bad.  It kept repeating scenes/jumping ahead and was buffering much more than usual.

This week is in Penglai in Shandong

Task 1:  Each team member had to eat 2 live sea cucumbers.  After finishing the task the team had to go to Yujiale fishing dock to get the next clue the next morning.

Next Task:
Intersection Roadblock
The teams have to go out to marked buoys on fishing boat, haul up fishing nets together until they find the clue.
Fei Er and Lili do the task together
Kylie and Katherine do the task together

Fei Er & Lili find the clue first.

Clue:
Go to a winery to get the next clue

Detour: Find the wine or Count the vine
Count the vine: Count the number of vines in a 5 acre section of the winery.
Find the wine: Go into the cellar of the winery and there will be some wine glasses set up, where each pair of glasses represent a number.  Only four numbers are available at the start, then the teams have to use what they know to figure out what 5 pairs of wine glasses set up somewhere else represent, then tell the code to the guy and if it's correct they have to go and find the corresponding barrel number and roll it outside.

Fei Er and Sun Bin decide to do the counting.
Lili and Jan decide to do the code.

Kylie and Katherine find the clue in the nets.
Lili and Jan change detours.
Kylie and Matt arrive and do the code.
Simon & Katherine arrive and do the code.

Sun Bin and Fei Er guess an answer but it's wrong.
Simon & Katherine crack their code, find the barrel and get the clue.

Clue:
Goto Sanxianshan theatre, and dress in traditional Chinese costumes, and the teams must learn a song to play on the musical bell instrument (lots of traditional bells hanging from a pole, kind of like a xylophone).  The teams have 10 minutes of practice time then must play the song in unison.  If they fail to pass they must wait 15 minutes before trying again.

Jan & Lili change detour again, then crack the code, find the barrel and leave.

Sun Bin and Fei Ee get the answer for vines.

Simon & Kathering fail the bell task first time.

Matt & Kylie crack the code.

Jan and Lili fail the bells first time

Matt & Kylie get their barrel and get out of there.

Simon & Katherine fail the bells the second time

Sun Bin & Fei Er pass the bells the first time

Clue:
Jet ski to ancient coastal fortress (Beiwodu residence) for the next clue

Lili and Jan pass the bells second time

Sun Bin and Fei Er take their jetski

Simon & Katherine pass the bells third time

Sun Bin and Fei Er arrive at the fortress

Matt & Kylie arrive at the bells

Sun Bin & Fei Er find the cluebox

Clue:  Go to the platform above gate.  This is the pit stop for this leg

Lili and JaN arrive at the fortress

Kylie and Matt fail the bells first try

Sun Bin and Fei Er are first to the pitstop

Kylie and Matt fail the bells the second time

Simon and Katherine arrive at the fortress

Lili and Jan arrive at the pit stop second.

Matt and Kylie pass the bells third time

Matt and Kylie get on their jetski

Simon and Katherine arrive at the pitstop

Matt and Kylie arrive at the pitstop and get eliminated.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »
Next week:
Final leg!Shanghai!
Self-driving,
Shanghai Xintiandi,
A truck task,
Play diabolo,
Finish line at night again,
all teams at finish line!!! :yess:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: China Rush2-Show discussion!!! Ep 11-Final 3!!!. **WARNING--SPOILERS**
« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2011, 11:53:38 PM »
ICS work again!You can watch EP11 on it now.Choose date"星期日 16 十月“ and choose time"20:00 冲刺中国“

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2011, 09:21:42 AM »
Wonderful episode! Best detour designing ever on China Rush. Loved this episode! :hearts:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »
Simon hasn't really been annoying for the past few episodes. Do I sense a surprise victory? I'm also glad that the eliminated teams will be at the end. No matter who wins, it will be better than the ending of China Rush 1.

If I'm correct just by watching the preview, the finish line is a few feet away from the start of China Rush 1. Which is odd because the finish line for China Rush 1 is just about a block away from the starting line of this season.