Author Topic: China Rush2-Show discussion!!! Ep 12-Final!!!. **WARNING--SPOILERS**  (Read 121910 times)

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
Re: China Rush2-Show discussion!!! Ep3(FuJian) p12. **WARNING--SPOILERS**
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »
last one
Bring on the 21!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2011, 11:27:01 AM »
Wow!! Those are awesome!! You are now our official CR2 preview capper!!

:tu
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2011, 08:00:01 PM »
After seeing so many teams use private vehicles in episode 3, I have no issue with Sun Bin & Hao Fei'er anymore. 

Using the Yield was a good strategic move, but Xiao Long & Lv Meng didn't hold up their end of the bargain; they didn't go for the knockout.

I've never had a problem with teams complaining about being Yielded or U-Turned if the Yield/U-Turn was a bad strategic move.  For Mary & Cecilia to say that Sun Bin & Hao Fei'er used a "dirty trick" to Yield them and also that it wasn't a "fair and square" way to beat them was ridiculous. 

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2011, 02:02:29 AM »
Episode 3 Curse Comes Back Again! :lol:

What's episode 3 curse? frontrunners failing?

The winners on Leg 3 could never be No.1 on the finale episode.

This is true for every season, every version (even some quasi-TAR games) of TAR in the world.
Since this season's finale hasn't aired,you can't say that now ...maybe singers will break curse

I was just guessing :lol: I don't know the result. Just hope to keep that mysterious CURSE on :snicker:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2011, 02:29:42 AM »
One task in Leg3 not aired.
when teams arrived Mt Taimu,they need to go to the statue of Taimu goddness,there will be a counting task(not sure details).then teams received clue to go to Niulanggang beach.

We believed this umbrella will be related to the unaired task.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:34:11 AM by weihen »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
Reminds me of a similar task on China Rush S1 :)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2011, 10:14:36 AM »
One task in Leg3 not aired.

That explains a discrepancy I noticed while viewing the episode. One team read their clue loud and it said they should get off the train at such and such station where they would find their next clue. But what they did show was instead the teams rushing into taxis and traveling to the beach and then get their clues there. So it was obvious that something was missing.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2011, 11:19:47 AM »
There is something fish with the departure times in this race.

In leg 2 all the intervals were multiplies of 5 minutes. And given the fact that almost all teams gave up a task the interval between team #2 and #3 ought have been close to two hours. Instead it was just 5 minutes.

Leg 3 is even stranger.  Elana & Tameka arrive by taxi to the Rainbow bridge about half a minute after Mary & Cecilia (you can see the latter rush into the entrance when the former arrive). From the entrance it is about 200 meters to the pit stop. Yet they are released 12 minutes after Mary & Cecilia. In this case I must admit that we did not see them in the background when Mary & Cecilia checked in so they could have gotten lost.

But teams 3-5 arrived simultaneously to the mat. They just jumped on it one after the other. But team #4 was released 9 minutes after #3 and #5 16 minutes after #4.

It seems as if either do teams get lots of penalties or time credits, or production prefers to just make up start times.

The actual start time does not really matter that much since there have been bunching points after the start in both leg #2 and #3.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2011, 02:05:29 AM »
My guess is that having only previously done one season, China Rush isn't as streamlined and efficient as the US version. So multiple production stops or holdups by camera crews or otherwise might have taken place.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2011, 08:06:19 AM »
Once Allan Wu mentioned on Weibo.com that in one leg he waited for a team for over 15 hours without mentioning which leg it was. If he referred to Leg 1, then it's understandable that they set a certain interval between teams in lieu of using the real time intervals, because in that case even trains couldn't make up leeway.

Some fans may feel confused about Leg 3 and think "there must be something unaired." My news is that someone who's supposed to be a member of the crew posted something in Baidu Postbar after EP3 aired to let on about the inside story concerning what really happened in that leg, from the view of an onlooker. This long inside story became a bombshell then, which shocked almost every fan on Baidu.com and Weibo.com.

The Chinese post is here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1186880504

I'm not gonna translate it, first because it's quite voluminous, second because I'm afraid what this guy said in the post (somewhat sinister) may disappoint all of you guys. On weibo.com we had a discussion about this inside story. Some contestants expressed their support for CR, but to some extent they also acquiesced in the context of it. ICS seemed careless about this inside story, claiming "believe it or not" and they're going to "face any rumor" because "this is what a show should do in this situation." 
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2011, 01:20:42 PM »
I would love a brief recap of that post??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2011, 08:33:52 PM »
Some key points about that post (Excuse me for the bad translation):

1. The first task that has been deleted was to calculate the number of umbrellas which weren't regularly arranged. Eachan chose to calculate an approximate number by multiplication (which was against the rule in American version, they say?) and then guessed the real number. So it turned to be not to count one by one, but to guess the number one by one. (Maybe it's called exhaustivity in English?) Other teams shared the accurate calculation result except Lily & Jan, who were isolated by other teams.

2. When teams arrived at the beach, they encountered a production delay because the crew hadn't hidden the fruits. And here comes the imbalance of detours: teams that chose the waterwheel task finished in no more than 20 minutes (mostly in 10 minutes or so), while other teams had to change the task after over 40-minute endeavor. Fruits were not well hidden because of lack of arrangement time.

3. So many mistakes in the long production delay, which lasted from the noon to the dusk. The directors wrongly calculated the time that Lily & Jan and Xiao Long & Lv Meng used in Fruit task. Contestants protested, but finally directors ordered that all teams must set out following the sequence the crew calculated in a certain interval, no matter whether it was fair or not. And when the production delay finished, all teams knew their positions already.

4. Howie and other foreign teams enticed Hao Fei'er to use Yield onto 90's sisters because 90's sisters enraged them by winning 2 legs. Howie also told the vice-director that Simon didn't use a life jacket in the waterwheel task, which instantaneously resulted in a 15-minute penalty on Simon's team. Nobody knows whether this penalty was legal, since no one else had ever noticed this thing and gave out his verdict. This affair enraged Simon. If Simon's team arrived at the Yield earlier, they'd probably use Yield on Howie's team.

5. When teams were to take a minibus to Ningde, the director group ordered that wushu team (Xiao Long & Lv Meng) should give their tickets to Lily & Jan because the directors believed "according to our calculation in the production delay, your team have no opportunity to get these tickets so soon." 90's sisters wanted wushu team to stay in the game and helped them recalculate the real time wushu team used in Detour, but directors refused to accept it. Wushu team then wanted to quit, but decided to continue the race after a lot of persuasion from other teams.

6. Sun Bin didn't want to use Yield initially, but Hao Fei'er successfully persuaded him because she wanted to save wushu team. So the use of Yield actually showed the allies and conflicts between them in the game.

Fans in Baidu Postbar are wondering whether directors wanted to save foreign teams or not by manipulations and machinations. :groan:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:53:59 PM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2011, 09:02:40 PM »
wow...that is a disaster. That leg should have been scrapped and re-run. omg.

Thank you for the info!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2011, 11:22:50 PM »
wow...that is a disaster. That leg should have been scrapped and re-run. omg.

Thank you for the info!

You're welcome. Fans in China agree that it should have been a NEL.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2011, 01:20:06 AM »
Leg 3 is even stranger.  Elana & Tameka arrive by taxi to the Rainbow bridge about half a minute after Mary & Cecilia (you can see the latter rush into the entrance when the former arrive). From the entrance it is about 200 meters to the pit stop. Yet they are released 12 minutes after Mary & Cecilia. In this case I must admit that we did not see them in the background when Mary & Cecilia checked in so they could have gotten lost.

But teams 3-5 arrived simultaneously to the mat. They just jumped on it one after the other. But team #4 was released 9 minutes after #3 and #5 16 minutes after #4.

It seems as if either do teams get lots of penalties or time credits, or production prefers to just make up start times.

That's not unique to this version, though -- remember TAR14's Phuket leg? Mark & Michael arrive first but are given an hour's penalty for actions at the Detour, then Tammy & Victor arrive. Before Tammy & Victor can get off the mat (ie. within a minute or so), and when Mark & Michael only have one minute of their penalty time left, Jaime & Cara arrive. But then at the start of the next leg, Jaime & Cara are suddenly over three hours behind Tammy & Victor, and there's another fifteen minutes between the girls and the brothers. And that's even ignoring the plane arrival in Leg 7 and their departure time implying Tammy & Victor completed all their travel, the elephant and tiger tasks, the drawers, and the incredibly-physical 2 Miles Detour task within just 29 minutes.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2011, 06:02:24 AM »

That's not unique to this version, though -- remember TAR14's Phuket leg? Mark & Michael arrive first but are given an hour's penalty for actions at the Detour, then Tammy & Victor arrive. Before Tammy & Victor can get off the mat (ie. within a minute or so), and when Mark & Michael only have one minute of their penalty time left, Jaime & Cara arrive. But then at the start of the next leg, Jaime & Cara are suddenly over three hours behind Tammy & Victor, and there's another fifteen minutes between the girls and the brothers. And that's even ignoring the plane arrival in Leg 7 and their departure time implying Tammy & Victor completed all their travel, the elephant and tiger tasks, the drawers, and the incredibly-physical 2 Miles Detour task within just 29 minutes.

Maybe some caption idiot at CBS  made the error. Or could we get Luke to tell us what happen?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: China Rush2-Show discussion!!! Ep4(GuangDong) p15. **WARNING--SPOILERS**
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2011, 03:03:48 AM »
First team finish all tasks and quit the race?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2011, 07:23:35 AM »
No one watched this leg? :lol:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2011, 08:06:17 AM »
poor Summer and Eachen, has any other team ever quit the race due to personal matters?

Note: I'm too busy at the moments to do caps of the preview, I'll do them tomorrow
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:12:59 AM by kevint2010 »
Bring on the 21!

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2011, 08:17:43 AM »
Eachan's grandfather has passed away. :'(

Summer and Eachan broke up now... :(

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2011, 08:19:39 AM »
Some info:
Tameka used 35 mins to do RB,Sun Bin used 7 mins(Unbelieveable :groan:)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2011, 08:34:55 AM »
That is so sad...I admire him tremendously for putting his family first.

I think I would have preferred if they had just withdrawn though, how horribly sad those minutes of waiting must have been for them.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2011, 08:39:40 AM »
I missed the beginning....but the U-Turn is a puzzle. Do they not know they cannot use it again??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2011, 08:40:52 AM »
If anyone missed the show, you can watch it live at 1130 EST...or as it reruns during the day.

http://ics.smgbb.cn/en/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2011, 08:42:06 AM »
poor Summer and Eachen, has any other team ever quit the race due to personal matters?

Reminds me of Jenna quitting Survivor to be with her Mom...
RFF's Golden Rule: