Author Topic: TARAus 1 Episode 8 (Poland) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 41106 times)

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 8 Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2011, 06:13:33 AM »
BayBays shift is over, it's my shift now  :taze Hehe.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2011, 06:17:18 AM »
Dave and Kel finish in last.

Surfers and Jeff and Luke intersected together.

So looks like Matt and Tom and Dave and Kel, what a powerhouse  :yess:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2011, 06:19:18 AM »
Girls and Chris are struggling, finished cutting first slice.

Surfers and Jeff/Luke finish first slice.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2011, 06:20:53 AM »
Dave and Kel and Matt and Tom finish first slice REALLY quick.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2011, 06:22:46 AM »
Anastasia struggling.

Surfers/Jeff and Luke finished 2nd slice.

Dave and Kel/Matt and Tom nearly finished 2nd slice.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2011, 06:27:59 AM »
Sam "I weigh just over 50kg"

Sam and Renae finish FIRST

WHAT THE HELL ANOTHER INTERSECTION!

This is a family-friendly site...

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2011, 06:29:14 AM »
The girls and Chris forfeit.  :hearts: More hope for Dave and Kelly!

Pitstop! Some castle.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2011, 06:33:52 AM »
Sam and Renae arrive first, but have 2hr penalty.
Chris and Anna arrive 2nd but have 4hr penalty.
Jeff and Luke arrive 3rd but check in in 1st.
Surfers arrive 4th but check in 2nd.

Dave and Kelly and Farmers finished 3/4.  :hearts:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2011, 06:40:10 AM »
Dave and Kel and Farmers finish.

Chris and Anna's penatly time: 40 minutes.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2011, 06:41:16 AM »
DAVE AND KELLY CHECK IN TEAM NUMBER 4.

MATT AND TOM TEAM NUMBER 5.

Chris and Annastasia are eliminated.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2011, 06:43:10 AM »
Next week - Fly to Tel Aviv, Israel.

Truck driving task, badminton task? and Sam and Renae break down in tears.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2011, 06:43:49 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 8 (Poland) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2011, 07:14:44 AM »
An Intersection (with a single physical task, no less) RIGHT BEFORE A PIT STOP?  (:;)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2011, 07:55:49 AM »
I actually didn't like the episode every much. First off, I wanted to see the teams complete the roadblock from the last leg, I'm annoyed that we just jumped straight to the mat and carried onwards. I don't know about any one else, but I found it really odd and awkward at the mat. Grant only says the bare minimum, there's a very poor host to team interaction. I think he needs either more enthusiasm or seem happy with what the teams done. The passport fiasco was lame, it really only lasted five minutes. Surely channel 7 could have put more emphasis on the intersection task penalty rather than this.  :res:

I don't understand why the producers put HoO into the course when not all of the teams get bunched? ??? To me, it just seems really pointless and similar to last week, didn't really change any team order at all. The roadblock itself seemed too plain and unexciting, the only part I actually thought was any good was when Nathan tipped the cart over and that wasn't very exciting at all.

The detour seemed good, it's a shame though that none of the teams chose the dancing side. I'm actually surprised we didn't see more angry racers with the sheep, the majority of them kept cool and calm about it even when their fences broke or the sheep ran away.

And oh boy, the intersection. I certainly wasn't anticipating it and it was a good little twist thrown in there. Sam & Renae and Chris & Anastasia were screwed right from the very start, I wasn't surprised when they fell behind by a lot. Though I do think Anastasia went into the task with a bad frame of mind, I don't think she thought she would do very well with it and appeared like she'd partly given up on the task before herself and Chris had begun sawing. The Male dominance really paid off in this task and I think had Anastasia and Chris been further behind and paired up with either Nathan & Tyler or Jeff & Luke, they actually might not have needed to quit and still been in it. And Dave needs a good serving of justice. He was so cocky when Anastasia was crying and when they were about to quit, and kept going on about how much she was crying and whinging... and what does Dave do later when he's struggling. Whinges and whines about how hard it and how he wanted to give up. UGH  (:;)

I really don't think Sam & Renae should have been given only two hours, if it's an intersection you're one single team. If the team forfeits, then the whole team should get a four hour penalty. And besides, they only made one cut out of four, so shouldn't their penalty have been three hours?  :duno:

Fantastic Pit stop drama by the producers, I really didn't know what was going to happen until it actually happened. I loved it, it was very exciting  :jam: But for me, the episode seemed a tad boring until the intersection where the drama really kicked in. I wouldn't classify it as the worse, but I don't think this episode did it for me.

And now we're down to the final 5 teams. They are probably the best racers left, but I think there is going to be a struggle for them to get to reach the final three. Here's my thought's on them all:

Jeff & Luke - I actually thought these two were one of the best racers until tonight, to me they fluked first place. Firstly, their argument at the roadblock wasn't good, I didn't think these two were the arguing type and their lie to Sam and Renae did make me question their strategy on this race. I thought they were really nice guys, it should be interesting to see if we see more disagreements or lying to other teams. Tonight, these two got lost - A lot. They did well at the roadblock, but after they got lost they really didn't do that well. If it weren't for Chris & Anastasia's penalty and Nathan & Tyler's generosity, I actually think they would have wound up in 4th place tonight. And when they said they deserved first place today, I wanted to throw something at them. They've worked much better as a team before and done exceptionally well. Hopefully they can actually do well without luck on their side and claim a victory in the coming legs.

Nathan & Tyler - They need to learn to buy a map  :lol: Although they seem a bit laid back and at times I think they don't worry enough about their performance, they are doing really well and I can see them in the final three - as long as they don't crash and burn and keep making small mistakes, because at this end of the race it can be the reason you go home.

Sam & Renae - I think these two have lost their groove. They always seem to be in the back of the pack these last few legs and although they were out the front tonight, I don't think they're racing as well as before. I can see them in the final three but I think they'll have to work hard to get there because I fear that at some point, they're going to make a mistake which will cost them a lot of time.

Dave & Kelly - I don't like these two at all. Dave needs to learn to cop what he dishes out, he laughs at other's misfortunes yet gets angry and upset when things don't work for his team. They aren't making many mistakes, but I don't think they'll keep up with the pace of the race for much longer. I would be surprised if they made it to the end, and I'm kind of hoping they don't. I don't think I can stand Dave much longer  :lol:

Matt & Tom - They need more luck on their side! They appear to be good racers, even if they are a tad clueless at times, but I personally think that they've been very unlucky in Europe, from their horrible car to being pulled over by the cops and missing the earlier train. Give them a chance to catch up and I very well think they could make it all the way to the end.

The final teams are good racers,  but I don't like them all too much. Give me back my Alana & Mel :lol:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2011, 09:02:55 AM »
I foudn this episode to be a little weird, as the Detour and the Roadblock were almost over and done with by the half-way point, and a huge amount of time was devoted to a standard Route Marker challenge (i.e. Intersection). While this was great to see, it was a little unconventional.

I am heartbroken over the elimination of Chris & Anastasia, who were easily my favorite team. I guess I will now be cheering for Kelly & Dave, but I love everyone except the Surfers. Speaking of whom, I was disappointed in those thieves - WHY did they not take the passports? (:;)

The Roadblock was decent enough, but not very challenging. The Detour would've been quite good but everyone chose the same option so it became kind of straightforward.

The Intersection challenge was terrific! I thought Anastasia could've finished one slice, as it seemed to me that she had got halfway with Chris. The challenge was, obviously, unfairly tailored for the male racers, and I was disappointed that two of my favorites (who had done so well up to this point in the leg-) were disadvantaged. I thought that they should've made the logs as a Detour option with the dancing, and perhaps done the sheep as the Intersection (except made it more than three sheep to add to the difficulty). :duno:

All up, I thought it was a good enough leg, but I am disappointed with the ending. :'(
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »
Racer

I actually can't believe you are wishing that thieves had more of an impact on the race!  Seriously whats next hoping teams get kidnapped or killed.

If you dislike a team why not just wish for them to perform poorly?  I mean really. 

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2011, 02:20:33 PM »
I'm starting to hate David and Kelly. In the beginning I liked them and I thought they were interesting but David gloating at other peoples' misfortune, that sucks! I wouldn't mind if they'd gotten eliminated in this episode.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2011, 03:42:22 PM »
Thanks for updating, BayBay and AussieBoi! Great first time updates, AussieBoi! :jam:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »
Well I for one am a bit suprised that there was no non-elimination this leg. Also there goes my theory that Chris and Ana will make it to the final 3!

Can anyone confirm for me again... we have 4 legs left and 2 non eliminations? Am i right?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »
Well I for one am a bit suprised that there was no non-elimination this leg. Also there goes my theory that Chris and Ana will make it to the final 3!

Can anyone confirm for me again... we have 4 legs left and 2 non eliminations? Am i right?

By my count, there's only one NEL left.

paldog123456

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2011, 12:18:59 AM »
I noticed in the preview it said "one team will not even make it to the Pit Stop".

My guess is either Sam and Renae (who were shown crying) or the surfers (it said they went 50 km in the wrong direction).

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2011, 12:46:25 AM »
I noticed in the preview it said "one team will not even make it to the Pit Stop".

My guess is either Sam and Renae (who were shown crying) or the surfers (it said they went 50 km in the wrong direction).

It may be like S16 where one team couldn't do the challenge and every other team was gone so Phil came and eliminated them.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2011, 01:28:25 AM »

Usually in my experience of TV networks doing promos in Australia is that whenever they show a team with the voiceover that something bad it going to happen, then it usually is NOT the team they showed.

Therefore my prediction is that Sam and Renae will finish okay.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2011, 03:40:45 AM »
I think:

Leg 9 - Israel - ELIM (4 remain)
Leg 10 - Sri Lanka - NEL (4 remain)
Leg 11 - Singapore - ELIM (3 remain)
Leg 12 - Perth - FINALE

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2011, 03:53:51 AM »
I think:

Leg 9: Poland to Israel NEL (5 remains)
Leg 10: Israel ELIM (4 remains)
Leg 11: Israel to Sri Lanka ELIM (3 remains)
Leg 12: Sri Lanka to Oz (Finale).