Author Topic: TARAus 1 Episode 7 (Czech Republic) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 26360 times)

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 7 Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 06:17:33 AM »
Cowboys pulled over by Police AGAIN.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 06:18:04 AM »
The bikers are last to the tower and can't see anyone, Kelly spots the right guy and takes the photo, they're off.

Chris is drinking Red Bull while driving.

Chris: "Its all about having the guts to attempt to eat it"

He tries one bite and the two decide to change tasks. They're off to stack.

Tom: "Bindi was coughing and spluttering and was definitely a target for the local po-po"

Sure enough, they're pulled over again.

Ad break.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 06:19:50 AM »
Matt and Tom have been pulled over by the police twice in this leg and three times in the race! :lol3:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 06:21:05 AM »
Matt and Tom have been pulled over by the police twice in this leg and three times in the race! :lol3:

:lol3:  :lol3:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 06:26:31 AM »
And we're back. The coppers ask for the car documents, it all checks out and they're told to move on after getting directions from another cop. Matt is out to push the car again.

Tyler and Nathan feel eating will be faster, but they don't think they'll eat "fifteen"

Tyler: "We can eat it then throw it back up and eat it again"

Nathan likes the taste, Tyler doesn't.

Tyler quits and the two are off to stack.

Jeff and Luke are nearly done when C/A start. T/N are right behind.

Nathan: "There was a way to stack them, and we didn't know that"

Tyler asserts he knew.

Jeff and Luke are finished in first.

Teams must now drive to the Church of The Assumption of Our Lady & St. John the Baptist, the preview shot shows they must take a number and the numbers are red. Roadblock incoming.

Chris and Ana are done, Tyler and Nathan right behind. It's looking like a fair drive.

Matt and Tom are at the sausages and trying them,

Matt: "Any good?"
Tom: "Nup"

They quickly decide to quit and change.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 06:28:09 AM »
 :lol3: at Matt calling Dave "old fulla"....

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 06:29:09 AM »
Dave and Kelly have beaten Sam and Renae to the brewery, Farmers still in transit.

Matt and Tom currently sit last and are taking lots of 2 and three, everyone else is demanding one at a time. (I don't think that was ever in the rules)

Matt and Tom pass the girls a carton.

Dave gets blocked a few times.

Dave: "If he walks straight at me one more time I'm gonna drop him."

Ad break.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 06:32:01 AM »
Dave's one cranky man tonight, all he has done is whine, whine and whine  B:) Thank God it's not Kelly taking his anger.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 06:34:47 AM »
But he's funny when he whines...unlike Chris...

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 06:38:16 AM »
And we're back.

Sam and Renae have advanced up to fourth with quick stacking work.

Dave and Kelly are out of there in 5th right behind. Matt and Tom are annoyed at being last.

Tom: "Wish we got to drink half of this buddy"

Dave and Kelly hit a servo for directions and can't get any help and now Dave is grinding gears. Matt and Tom  have more car troubles and we get a ticker across the screen to let us know Bernard Tomic is up 5-0 at Wimbledon.

Jeff and Luke are at a church, but not the church.

Roadblock: Who wants to scale the heavenly heights?

Team member must climb to the roof of the church and abseil down to recieve their next clue. Anastasia is doing it.

Ana: "I felt like an angel coming down from the ceiling, it was an amazing atmosphere, the church choir was singing and it was so calming."

Teams must now travel on foot to The Bone Church in Kutna Hora. The last team to arrive may be eliminated.

Chris and Ana are out first and feeling good. Tyler and Nathan arrive second to the church, Jeff and Luke just behind in third after getting lost 4 times.

Nathan says it was his first time in a church.

C/A and T/N are getting directions and off and running, Chris and Ana arrive first, Chris kisses the mat and they are checked in as team number one.

As the winners of this leg of the race they receive their next clue.

We have a TBC leg!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 06:39:14 AM »
TO BE CONTINUED...

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 06:39:32 AM »
On the next leg, we have a logging task. Teams are heading to Krakow.

Tyler and Nathan pull a Kent & Vyxsin and lose their passports and documents.

And everyone is pushed to the edge apparently.

For prediction game purposes, Grant said "The leg is not over"

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 06:41:10 AM »

Tyler and Nathan pull a Kent & Vyxsin and lose their passports and documents.

:lol3:  :lol3:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 07:07:43 AM »
Tyler & Nathan lose their passports??
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 12:37:27 PM »
The one time that I heard Chris speaking Greek and it was to swear. LOL
When they first got in the car and they were looking for the hockey arena, other drivers were honking and Chris started swearing in Greek. I couldn't stop laughing when I heard it.
Otherwise another great episode. I love the fact that they have a lot of Active Route markers and it's not just a detour, a RB and a pit stop as is the case with TAR US in the last seasons.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 03:00:48 PM »
TV GUIDE: The remaining teams become Czech spies, but not all are as observant as they need to be. Taking to the ice-skating rink to line up against the national ice hockey goal keeper proves to be the most physically gruelling challenge so far on the race for some teams. Meanwhile, one team finds itself in the sights of the local police, and the local sausage sizzle doesn't appeal to everyone's tastebuds.

I think the 'local sausage' is jitrnice, or else kielbasa (though I would think they'd have kielbasa in Poland). The 'Czech spy' task sounds original, while the other points were seen in previews earlier.

The mine, then, is most likely leg 8, meaning the teams spotted there/around there (surfers, girls, Chris/Ana, Tom/Matt by airport spoilers) are good this round.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Bunch-free, linear leg = NEL. If not, Fran/Barry or Gary/Matt are toast.

I have checked and jaternice is pork-based sausage (see below). What the teams ate was beef sausage made from intestines, liver and hearts.

Jaternice is a pork sausage common in Czechoslovakia that is made in the manner of traditional meats produced from this country. Also referred to as white jets, liver sausage or ring pudding sausage, a Jaternice Sausage is typically made from pork liver, pork snouts and/or jowls that are ground together with spices and cereal. White or wild rice may be added in addition to cereal as a filler and flavoring. Jaternice Sausage is a popular food with Bohemians.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 03:03:49 PM »

I have recognized some logos.

The ice hockey challenge will be at Ice Arena Letňany in Prague (same as The Amazing Race Asia 2). I think it will be first task of the leg.

It wasn't. It was at the Zmini (or some spell it Zminiy) Stadion, home to a minor league team. Ice Arena Letnany is home to the Prague Flyers hockey club HC Letnany.

The Prague second episode of ARAus indicated that a Czech National Hockey team goalie was defending the goal against the teams. That Hockey team plays at the O2 Arena.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:03:48 PM by apskip »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 03:31:38 PM »
But thanks anyway, Colonist! :waves:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 11:27:15 PM »
Okay, Tom and Matt finally pull a random Cowboys-suck leg and suck gloriously this leg. Kelly and Dave are still somehow making it through. Sam and Ranae caught up good. Chris and Anastasia in FIRST finally.. but robbed. I hope they get a prize for it. Jeff and Luke forever somehow missing first.. The Roadblock was easy but really really brought peace to my heart when I saw it. I would have chosen to done the sausages, BUT, it seems, there is no special way to stack the beers so... IT'S THE OBVIOUS CHOICE.

I am curious about what happens to Tyler and Nathan next week. OMG. If somebody indeed stole them, THEN... HMMMMMM.

:lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 11:28:07 PM »
Cowboys pulled over by Police AGAIN.

They are technically Farmers. Not Cowboys. That's what their status wrote. LOL

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 12:03:41 AM »
This was just a great episode! My favorite team has definitely become Chris & Anastasia, although Jeff & Luke, Sam & Renae and Kelly & Dave come very close. I also like the Farmers, but I really hate the Surfers ever since the U-Turn, so I hope they are eliminated from their passports next week. (:;)

As for this episode, the Sausage Detour was just hilarious! I can't believe none of those teams managed to do the challenge, but I can't say that I blame them, because I would have struggled too! :eww

I thought the Pit Stop location was really freaky - anyone know anything about that Bone Church? :duno:

Ice-hockey was tricky, and the leg was  a challenging one overall! TARAus has been great so far, hope it keeps going that way! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 12:56:33 AM »

Offline Elven6

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 11:15:40 AM »
It was a pretty good leg. I don't get why Sam & Renae think the teams are against them especially when they've tried to help them, the paranoia is making them look really silly. It was a pretty bad leg for Matt and Tom though, with the car trouble, cops, etc.

Can't help but feel sorry for Jeff and Luke, they worked so hard and a small mess up pushed them down to three.

Offline ct03

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2011, 06:55:12 AM »
It was a pretty good leg. I don't get why Sam & Renae think the teams are against them especially when they've tried to help them, the paranoia is making them look really silly.
? You do realize that Sam & Renae had no way of knowing that the cowboys actually tried to help them? The cowboys told S&R not to take a picture of the guy with a flag. S&R saw a guy with a flag, took a picture, and it was the right thing to do. So naturally they assumed that the cowboys had lied. Did you see the surprised look on Renae's face when they received the clue? She was stunned that the cowboys had misled them.

Neither the cowboys nor Sam & Renae were aware that there are two different guys with flags. This was a simple misunderstanding, but neither team knew this. In fact, if the two teams actually discussed the incident, it would probably go a bit like this:
S&R: "You misled us."
Cowboys: "No, we tried to help. We photographed the guy with a flag, and it was wrong."
S&R: "That's impossible. WE photographed the guy with a flag, and it was right."

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2011, 01:08:54 AM »
I have checked and jaternice is pork-based sausage (see below). What the teams ate was beef sausage made from intestines, liver and hearts.

Jaternice is a pork sausage common in Czechoslovakia that is made in the manner of traditional meats produced from this country. Also referred to as white jets, liver sausage or ring pudding sausage, a Jaternice Sausage is typically made from pork liver, pork snouts and/or jowls that are ground together with spices and cereal. White or wild rice may be added in addition to cereal as a filler and flavoring. Jaternice Sausage is a popular food with Bohemians.

No, it was definitely jatrnice -- aside from Grant specifically mentioning the meat came from pigs, there was a honkin' big pig's head on the table as teams were "eating".