Archive > The Amazing Race 19 Spoilers and Speculation

AR19 Primary TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS

<< < (35/35)

apskip:
The telecast of AR19, ep. 11 confirms that the route is via Amsterdam to Panama City's Tocumen Airport. There is one flight per day, KL757 nonstop. Since I am not sure whether this leg started on July 7 or 8, that flight timing was:

7/7 1335 1713
7/8 1435 1804

On either day, sunset was at 1842.

apskip:
Trains on the Eurail system go from Brussels to Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport directly in 1 hour 38 minutes. The schedule is for departures from Brussels Central station at 50 after each hour (except not 1250p) and arrival at 28 after the 2nd following hour. To make scheduled international flight, teams would have to leave Brussels by probably 850am. Based on leaving in the dark, they clearly had a lot of extra time.

apskip:
I think it is interesting to see which train teams were probably on from Brussels to Schiphol Airport southwest of Amsterdam. Sunrise statistics indicate sunrise for July 8 at 538am and I believe from the Extra Videos that it was still slightly before sunrise. That translates into a 550am train and a 728am arrival at AMS. It's possible that not all teams were on that, but at worst they would be one hour behind and at 828am arrival still about 5 hours before departure to Panama City.

maf:

--- Quote from: apskip on December 06, 2011, 03:11:19 PM ---I think it is interesting to see which train teams were probably on from Brussels to Schiphol Airport southwest of Amsterdam. Sunrise statistics indicate sunrise for July 8 at 538am and I believe from the Extra Videos that it was still slightly before sunrise. That translates into a 550am train and a 728am arrival at AMS. It's possible that not all teams were on that, but at worst they would be one hour behind and at 828am arrival still about 5 hours before departure to Panama City.

--- End quote ---

It does not have to mean anything, but the episode includes a brief shot of the departure board at the Brussels train station. Here we see an 8:50 train to Amsterdam. So I would say the odds are fairly good that this is the train they take.

apskip:
This may already exist somewhere on this thread, but just in case it doesn't here is the flight information from Panama City to Atlanta:

DL392 0826 1327

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version