Archive > The Amazing Race 19 Spoilers and Speculation

AR19 Primary TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS

(1/35) > >>

apskip:
This thread will be a place where transportation information (both actual and predicted) can go.

Neobie:
Requoting from you guys over on the other threads!

19 JUN 2011
CI 7 (0057-0500, scheduled 0055-0550) from Los Angeles to Taipei
BR 1 (0132-0534, scheduled 0115-0600) from Los Angeles to Taipei
BR 15 (0144-0548, scheduled 0135-0620) from Los Angeles to Taipei

Neobie:
I wonder if teams were forced to take the same bus company into downtown, or if the team that went via Zhongxiao Fuxing did it for their own reason?

According to this website, there are three bus lines running to Zhongxiao Fuxing: Changrong, Dayou and Feigou. Dayou and Feigou (represented in pink) run directly to Zhongxiao Fuxing, but Changrong (represented in orange) makes a stop at Minquan W Rd Station first, which saves teams that get off there about 10min, even taking into consideration the time needed to change metro lines.

However, Guoguang (represented in cyan), leaving every 15min, runs directly to Taipei Main (Train) Station, which is just one stop away from Ximen. I suppose that would be the quickest way to get from the airport to Ximending by public transport?

So back to the main question: why did the team take the bus to Zhongxiao Fuxing? Because of producer instruction, limited information, or for some other reason?

(The map is drawn by me and by no means official.)

Jobby:

--- Quote ---However, Guoguang (represented in cyan), leaving every 15min, runs directly to Taipei Main (Train) Station, which is just one stop away from Ximen. I suppose that would be the quickest way to get from the airport to Ximending by public transport?
--- End quote ---

I don't know if there's any tasks which teams have to complete near ZhongXiao Fuxing, but I can tell you that you're right that taking the bus is the quickest way to get to Ximending from the Airport. The buses are fast, efficient and cost savings too. However which buses is it will depend on the timings teams arrive in Taipei, I remembered when I was there the GuoGuang bus was delayed/no schedule/or whatsoever reason so I got on to the Dayou bus instead.

apskip:
To the primary 3 flights listed by Neobie above needs to be added this one just slightly later:

MH95 LAX TPE nonstop departed 0111 (scheduled 0045) and arrived 0552+1 (scheduled 0615+1)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version