Author Topic: Around The World For Free 3  (Read 5442 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Around The World For Free 3
« on: June 15, 2011, 11:21:06 AM »
Parvati Shallow is doing the third season.

http://www.cbs.com/originals/around_the_world_for_free_linear/

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Around The World For Free 3
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:01:20 PM »
:hearts: Parvati! <3
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 08:36:38 PM »
Found an interview,

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/24/parvati-survivor-around-the-world-for-free/

It’s not like Parvati Shallow is short on money, having already won over a million dollars courtesy of three appearances on Survivor (including winning Survivor: Micronesia). But that won’t stop the cheapskate from trying to travel the globe without paying a single penny. Starting on July 5th, she’ll be starring on CBS.com’s Around the World For Free, taking over for previous host Jeff Schroeder (of Big Brother and Amazing Race fame). On the show, Parvati will spend 100 days on the road — with rides, shelter, and meals provided by viewers themselves. (She gets four free flights along the way to handle longer journeys.) Viewers will also help determine where Parvati goes next on her journey via an online interactive map at cbs.com/world. I talked with the Survivor champ/minx to get the lowdown on her latest adventure.

Okay, Parvati, tell me what the hell you’ve gotten yourself into this time.
Basically, this is my dream come true from the day I was born. I love more than anything in the world to travel, and meet people, and learn about different cultures. And being able to do that and meet people from incredibly remote places like shamans in the Amazon rain forest or Bushmen in the Kalahari Desert, I am so excited. It’s going to open up this whole new way of life for me and for everybody that’s watching the show.

How many boys do you plan to seduce on this trip?
[Laughs] At least one in every country.

Survivor: Get the latest news, photos, and more

That’s how you’ll get around for free, I suppose then. So this show used to be hosted by Jeff Schroeder from Big Brother. Does that mean you’re now taking his sloppy seconds?
I never watched Jeff on Big Brother. Big Brother to me, I find it to be a little less than exciting.

How diplomatic.
I definitely think I’m going to make this my own. I have a very strong personality and very strong opinions on the direction I want to take this show in. It’s going to be much more focused on adventure, culture, meeting people in more remote places. I know Jeff kind of trekked around big cities, and I want to be in the jungle, in more uncomfortable places where people aren’t given all the comforts that we have in America. I want to experience life.

So what you’re saying, basically, is that you’re tougher than Jeff Schroeder.
I’m definitely saying I’m tougher than Jeff Schroeder! And if he wants to have a boxing match to prove it, I am down for that.

Your fellow Survivor villains Russell and Boston Rob also have new shows coming out. Why should people watch yours instead of theirs?
Because I’m cooler. Because I beat both of them! Also, with this show, I’m the first girl to do it — to go out there and travel on her own with no money. Basically, I’m independent. I’m relying on myself to get from place to place but I’m also building this huge team behind me to support me on this journey. It’s very raw and very real time and very in the moment, and that’s where I excel.

On this show, you’re really dependent on the kindness of others. Who is the former Survivor contestant that would be least likely to help you?
I think, honestly, every Survivor contestant would help me because they all want to be back on TV.

Even Sugar Kiper?
Definitely Sugar! I was thinking maybe Jonny Fairplay, but I know he would want to be back on TV so he would help me for sure. He would send me someplace horrible, but even sending me somewhere horrible is still helping me.

How shamelessly are you going to be pimping your new Santa Monica spa/gym, ESP Wellness Center, throughout the course of the show?
You can expect ESP Wellness Center to throw up all over your face. It’s a huge part of the show. I’m leaving, essentially, my home, which is ESP, that I’ve spent the past year-and-a-half building with my blood sweat and tears — and I’m leaving it. It’s like my child. So I’m definitely going to be checking back in, finding out what’s going on in the studio, and how our clients are progressing.

You told me earlier this year you were done with Survivor and I said I didn’t believe it and that you’d return one more time. Where is your head at now as far as appearing on Survivor again at some point?
I definitely think every thing I’ve done in my life has prepared me for this show. I think competing on Survivor three times has prepared me for being able to do Around the World for Free. I think that I’m moving in a new direction and I’m pretty much closing the book on Survivor, but I’m taking those lessons that I learned from that experience with me as I move forward and take on this new challenge.

You’re full of it, Parvati. You’ll be back.
Never! Well, I don’t want to say never, because we all know what happens when I say that.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:37:28 PM »
I am so glad to hear that the producers of Around the World for Free, including Burton Roberts and Zsolt Lukas, are paying for 4 long flight segments. it has always disgusted me in prior season of ATWFF that somebody had to pay up for every flight segment. It was very definitely FOR FREE because someone had to pay the bill. It is much more appropriate for the producers to be paying the bill for the most expensive flight segments.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 10:58:26 PM »
I was under the impression that Jeff had some flight segments paid for during his season of ATWFF last summer. Or was I mistaken?

In any event it'll be interesting to see how this works with a woman doing it. There may be some cultural issues in some places, and that will be different. (Famously remember how Nancy and Emily had cultural issues in India during TAR 1.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 11:31:19 PM »
BB fans forked up and bought Jeff several tickets.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »
Somebody needs to do some sort of voting rigging to bring this girl to Melbourne!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 10:16:26 AM »
Offer her B&B, a ride from the airport, and some sort of fun typically Aussie experience, and I am sure they would love it!! It is all viewer directed, very interactive, and Parvati will bring a whole different approach to this!

Should be fun!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 11:10:23 AM »
Offer her B&B, a ride from the airport, and some sort of fun typically Aussie experience, and I am sure they would love it!! It is all viewer directed, very interactive, and Parvati will bring a whole different approach to this!

Should be fun!!

Typical fun Aussie Experience: The traffic on the Tullamarine Freeway :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 11:13:42 AM »
It's funny how Survivor people look down on BB people.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:17:02 AM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 11:44:46 AM »
And even more appropriate how Amazing Race fans look down on Survivor, Big Brother and every other reality show! Count the Emmys!

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/originals/around_the_world_for_free/video/

"Parvati hosts Season 1 and 2 Around the World for Free travelers Alex Boylan and Jeff Schroeder for dinner as they pass her the baton as host of Season 3"
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 09:11:15 PM »
Good video!
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 09:10:58 PM »
I believe Parvati is set to depart tomorrow morning!!

Stay tuned in at  http://www.cbs.com/originals/around_the_world_for_free/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 10:11:25 PM »
Parvarti apparently is appearing on The View before she departs, as that was the promo that aired before BB tonight. No mention of the Early Show.
-- theschnauzers