The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

TARAus 1 Episode 6 (Netherlands/Czech Republic) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

<< < (14/15) > >>

kiki:
^^ Apskip, I know they took the tram for some of the way, but as far as  I know the tram doesn't take you to the top of the hill. It goes as far as the foot of the hill and the road up is quite long and steep. Also Dave and kelly, entering the castle from the back they found themselves in the inner courtyards (there are at least two) and they could have lost a lot of time looking for Grant inside the castle grounds, as you can't see the main entrance from the inside.

boston_jen:

--- Quote from: kiki on June 21, 2011, 11:56:54 PM ---I agree with you guys Tom and Matt should have been given a penalty. But the whole RB was poorly planned  for me. It's not logical to fail the RB if you don't hit the target with the 40 arrows. Maybe a team should be given a 30min penalty-waiting period and then allowed to continue the race.

--- End quote ---

I thought from Matt and Tom's conversation that the rules indicated that they could use more arrows only if another team gave the arrows to them.  So, they couldn't take them on their own, but if they waited, and could talk someone into sharing, they could keep shooting.  I think that's an interesting twist to a group competition.

Best Loser:

--- Quote from: boston_jen on June 22, 2011, 08:47:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: kiki on June 21, 2011, 11:56:54 PM ---I agree with you guys Tom and Matt should have been given a penalty. But the whole RB was poorly planned  for me. It's not logical to fail the RB if you don't hit the target with the 40 arrows. Maybe a team should be given a 30min penalty-waiting period and then allowed to continue the race.

--- End quote ---

I thought from Matt and Tom's conversation that the rules indicated that they could use more arrows only if another team gave the arrows to them.  So, they couldn't take them on their own, but if they waited, and could talk someone into sharing, they could keep shooting.  I think that's an interesting twist to a group competition.

--- End quote ---
I also thought it was interesting. Do you just quit and take a four hour penalty and hope that other teams are far enough behind or do you wait for more teams to arrive and hope that they give arrows? Had Luke not given him the arrows, I have no doubt that Matt & Tom would have been eliminated. We'll just have to wait to see if it was a poor choice.

Jobby:
I know Jeff and Luke are playing it nice.. but please, that was your only chance to eliminate a strong team and keep 2 weak teams in the race. It could have been very dramatic for race purpose as well.

the_insider:
According to Google maps the carry task from St Agnes Convent to Old Town Square is a distance of 650m.  Most of us could walk this comfortably in 5-10mins.  Carrying something though would be entirely different matter, it looked very heavy and awkward to lift.

From there to the pit stop - Prage Castle is about 2.5km.  I can only assume the archery task was somewhere in between.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version