Author Topic: Amazing Race 19 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**  (Read 388474 times)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
@davidpires‎
Amazing race contestants just ran by me while at check in
Twitter - 1 minute ago

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well the ticker they're checking in underneath says flight CI007 from LAX to TPE (Taipei). It is scheduled to leave in around 3 hours or so.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
Well the ticker they're checking in underneath says flight CI007 from LAX to TPE (Taipei). It is scheduled to leave in around 3 hours or so.

good catch domel.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ok so assuming there's more than one flight with teams on, here are the other possible flights to Taipei:

MH 95   Malaysia Airline    12:45 AM       T-BIT    6:15 AM       T-1    Scheduled
Codeshared with Sri Lankan
CI 7           China Airlines            12:55 AM       T-BIT    5:50 AM       T-2    Scheduled
Codeshared with Vietnam, Delta
BR 1      EVA Air                    1:15 AM       T-BIT    6:00 AM       T-2    Scheduled
Codeshared with American, Continental, US
BR 15   EVA Air                    1:35 AM       T-BIT    6:20 AM       T-2    Scheduled
Codeshared with American, Continental, US

Keep an eye out!

This is probably in the wrong thread. Sorry!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:48:56 PM by domel »

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
More confirmation of LAX:

omg! estan filmando the amazing race en LAX! @fwwsc

Offline peony

• RFF Not So Newbie
From FB:

Sitting at LAX waiting for our 16 hour flight to Australia while teams from next years Amazing Race keep running thru the airport. I want to race too!
10 minutes ago via Android

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
From FB:

Sitting at LAX waiting for our 16 hour flight to Australia while teams from next years Amazing Race keep running thru the airport. I want to race too!
10 minutes ago via Android

messaged

Offline peony

• RFF Not So Newbie
From FB:

Looks like I'm flying to Vietnam with the new season of Amazing race!
8 minutes ago via iPhone · ·

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
From FB:

yea i just saw that too.  i think maybe it's something different since we are pretty sure they are going to taipei.  unless they are going to vietnam and that green team just took an earlier/later flight thru taipei.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Great job everyone!! :hearts:

It has been a long couple of days, but we can finally share some more details!!

First of all, hopefully everyone realizes that the spoilers on JFK, Dallas, Niagra Falls, London, Copenhagen and Frankfurt were all false? :lol:

The TRUE SPOILERS are these:

We have a lovely picturesque spot for our start line in Ventura County a couple of hours north of LA!! Chateau did the work on this one, so he will be breaking the news and sharing photos in the location thread!

Teams then drove themselves to the Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple in Hacienda Heights....credit to Steven Su for finding and sharing this!!

They went on to LAX, where we believe they have taken these flights on to Taipei, as nicely described above!:
CI 7 from LAX
BR 1 from LAX
BR 15 from LAX

And more will have to wait another 12+ hours!!

There is no evidence for VietNam yet as a second leg ....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Phat139

• RFF Not So Newbie
From FB:

Wait. What? Really? When? I will check it out soon! I'm living in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!  :hearts:
You did very well, Jet & Cord... You still smiled and showed respect to each other as a team, even when you were eliminated...
So... now go Gary & Mallory!! Win for the cowboys!!

Offline Drake

• RFF Jr. Member
From FB:

Wait. What? Really? When? I will check it out soon! I'm living in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!  :hearts:
Vietnam? Again?  :'(

Offline Phat139

• RFF Not So Newbie
But I think they will visit Ha Noi, Vietnam's capital, but not Ho Chi Minh City  :'( Too much HCM before
You did very well, Jet & Cord... You still smiled and showed respect to each other as a team, even when you were eliminated...
So... now go Gary & Mallory!! Win for the cowboys!!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
There is no evidence for VietNam yet as a second leg ....

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
And more will have to wait another 12+ hours!!

FWIW, I did ask in my Japanese TAR fan community is anyone is headed over to other Asian countries (without spoiling it), but no takers yet - probably too late given that the the flights will land in about 4-6 hours from now.
I suspect a good percentage of Dojima's million cousins will be all over this one.

BTW Peach - awesome work
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:45:55 AM by kenchan »
「超たのしい~!♪」
-Tyler McNiven riding a fold-up bike in the night streets of Tokyo, TAR9

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
From FB:

The VietNam spoiler is an error I believe by the poster... one of the flights is a codeshare VietNam airlines flight, I think that is all. They were not flying to VietNam at all, they were going to Taipei.

Please reread the comment...there is NO evidence for VIETNAM AT ALL!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Sometimes those flight are continuing on to other destinations.  To the travelers it just looks like a connection without having to change planes.   

Maybe Apskip can find the follow-on cities. 

I know one of the flights we were looking at went on to Kuala Lumpur.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Sometimes those flight are continuing on to other destinations.  To the travelers it just looks like a connection without having to change planes.   

Maybe Apskip can find the follow-on cities. 

I know one of the flights we were looking at went on to Kuala Lumpur.
Indeed, apskip can do that. however, none of the 3 primary flights went onward to anywhere using the same flight #.
This is the information for code-shares by flight and actual arrival times:

CI7 arrived 0552, 2 minutes behind schedule; code-shares DL7730 and VN2033 (this is probably where someone could have become confused about Vietnam)

BR1 arrived 0534, 26 minutes ahead of schedule; code-shares AA7559, CO8611, US8795

BR15 arrived 0548, 22 minutes ahead of schedule; code-shares AA7957, CO9617, US8721 

There was one other flight that was closer to those above than I thought. MH95 departed LAX late at 0111 but arrived at 0552, 23 minutes ahead of schedule. That flight went on from TPE to KUL.

So the actual order of arrival in Taipei was:
BR1
BR15
CI7
MH95
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:46:47 PM by apskip »

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Teams arrived Taipei(Ethan and Jenna spotted at airport),and then went to Ximending(西门町),three teams spotted...I got this infor by PTT.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 06:52:54 PM by weihen »

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
F-F team with pink hair Ornament spotted at Jinghua City...

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
F-F team with pink hair Ornament spotted at Jinghua City...

TBC leg??
No...this info is about 9am I guess(since the man said he saw teams when he went to work)...

Offline ariachiang

• RFF Newbie
Three teams arrived pit stop before 10AM(Local time)
Much fast than image.

Hsimenting→Confucian temple→Core Pacific City→Dajia Riverside Park→Martyrs' Shrine

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thank you ariachiang! And :welcome2:!!

I hear that there was one team very much lost ....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
one post on PTT said that he followed a team to Confucian temple at 8:55 ,then he waited 2hrs but he still didn't find any team coming out(and he believed this is last team)...then he went to Martyrs' Shrine,looked like all teams had checked in?and interview taken at Martyrs' Shrine.

I found he used "她们“ ...may mean last team was F-F team.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
RB taken at Confucian temple .