Author Topic: Amazing Race 19 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**  (Read 388494 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts: And ONLY live sightings please!! Comments on the sightings can go HERE .

If you are posting a tweet, please post the tweet, the tweet time, and LINK TO the twitter user name.

Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it.

If you are posting a FB post, please quote the post, PLEASE include the time and date, but do NOT post the poster's name. Please do send me the link and name though so we can keep a full list for the Summary thread.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting, FB post or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM me to ask before you post.

If you have a live sighting, help us as much as you can with WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what color they are wearing is helpful) WHAT are they doing, WHERE (as exactly as possible..street? airport gate? be specific!), WHEN (what time zone?, exact time), and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

And even though we all get excited, please, once we have a possible location, take the location discussion to the location thread and leave the Twitter zone free for incoming info! :ty3: The mods get grouchy if they have to move posts.... ;)

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you can email me, my email is in my profile. Your confidentiality will be respected. You can also PM once you have a minimum of 5 posts here.

Big :ghug: to all of you who are bringing us info, we couldn't do this without you!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
no chatter!!

Live sightings only!

POSSIBLE sighting at JKF right now...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
post from facebook
Teams are on flight to Taipei,Taiwan
also got an earlier one but im sure peach know that 1
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Okay guys, we are working on this.

There is a kernal of truth to this... but we are not at all confident that this sighting is real. Too much does not "compute".

So will readdress this in the morning, for now...take it with a BIG grain of salt.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Sorry about the false alarm!!^^

But if you love TAR, stay close!

And NO CHATTER IN THIS THREAD!!

I will be deleting posts that are not LIVE SIGHTINGS! SO please help, okay?

We have a location thread for the locations. Start line, first city discussions go here.

We have a SPEC thread that is for serious discussion of the sightngs and spoilers. Here is where we work to pull it all together, so please help keep the chatter down?

Thanks everybody!! :hearts:

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!!

:party: :party: :party:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:42:05 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I feel like this is grasping at straws but I might as well throw it out there. From @kasyaiueo:

Di airport mau ada amazing race :O

Not sure of her language, Tagalog or Indonesian?? Maybe she is just saying the airport was busy and she felt like she was on the race or maybe it is a sighting. I really don't know.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
I feel like this is grasping at straws but I might as well throw it out there. From @kasyaiueo:

Not sure of her language, Tagalog or Indonesian?? Maybe she is just saying the airport was busy and she felt like she was on the race or maybe it is a sighting. I really don't know.

Oh, he/she says there's going to be an amazing race in airport..
But I'm not sure in what airport.. Probably Jakarta...
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
Hope this is true! facebook post: OMG Just saw Amazing Race Teams at Dallas Airport! Headed on American Airlines Flight to 80!
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
American Airlines Flight 80 from DFW is departing to London's Heathrow at 21:30 CDT.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hope this is true! facebook post: OMG Just saw Amazing Race Teams at Dallas Airport! Headed on American Airlines Flight to 80!

Please remember to copy me on all FB posts, we keep records...

I am not however finding this. :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Here's a follow up tweet on this same person, Google can't understand the language:

Di soekarno hatta katanya RT @arubanna: seriusan?? airport mana? *sorry main tanya aja.. :p RT @kasyaiueo: Di airport mau ada amazing race

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Before anyone gets excited, Urban Dare will be running a race in Seattle today starting at 12.

http://www.urbandare.com/faq.php
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
And the Dallas sighting, like the JFK sighting is believed to be bogus. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!

Here's a follow up tweet on this same person, Google can't understand the language:

Di soekarno hatta katanya RT @arubanna: seriusan?? airport mana? *sorry main tanya aja.. :p RT @kasyaiueo: Di airport mau ada amazing race

Another person asks, "Seriously? What airport?" and she answered "Most likely, Soekarno Hatta" and Soetta is Jakarta's airport...
But for some reasons, I don't think it's going to happen..  :lol:
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks guys. Teams are NOT in Indonesia now, so this is prob not related.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Again team:

LIVE SIGHTINGS ONLY IN THIS THREAD!! If you are not posting a sighting or a tweet or a FB post you are in the wrong place.

PLEASE try to help with this? This is one of the busiest times for us all, and I need your help. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
From here on  would be an excellent time to be watching for tweets and FB posts....just saying. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Anyone know when the amazing race starts filming? I think I just saw contestants @dianapopa
1 minute ago

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
http://twitter.com/#!/emilyreagh

They say they are in Toronto on their profile. :groan:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Murtz Jaffer says:

Credit @planetmaurie for this one. Amazing Race contestants spotted in Niagara Falls filming new season!

Here's the original tweet from @planetmaurie:

Spoiler alert for #amazingrace fans!!!! Contestants and crew recently spotted in Canada. #niagarafalls. Can't wait for the new season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline peony

• RFF Not So Newbie
Saw this on FB:

Sitting in the National Building Museum in D.C. watching 8 contestants from the Amazing Race run between the pillars and across the balconies asking random people if they have the next clue.
24 minutes ago · ·

More from the same person:

Sort of fascinating to watch. I swore they were going to find their next clue from the lady with the safari hat carrying a cane decorated with a dozen fox tails. It turns out that it was the kid who was a doppleganger look-alike to one of the contestants who had the envelopes with the clue stuffed inside his shirt. I have never watched the show, but I wonder if a contestant could compete over the summer, say in about the same time-frame as public school summer vacation.
4 minutes ago

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
posted on twitter about a minute ago>

(Waiting for my flight at LAX and all the new Amazing Race teams are showing up...holy crap same lufthansa flight?!! Woohoo where's Phil? Lol)

So first destination in Europe then!
         -Looks like Lufthansa Flight #457; departs 2:55pm, arrives in Frankfurt 10:35am tomorrow

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:23:43 PM by mjriches2005 »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Other tweets by Twitter poster:

Some of the teams I see got the earlier flight to frankfurt, the others are on my flight this evening!! They won't show me the clue :-(

Teams are really nice (and hot!) but say they'll get in trouble if they pose in a picture with me :( amazing race gonna be awesome

They won't tell me where they're going once we get to Frankfurt but I see some of them have boarding passes for connecting flights.

Funny to see how teams are already forming cliques and some won't even go near the other. Two of these girls must be pageant queens
a few seconds ago

This last one doesn't make sense however...why would they START in Argentina, I think he means first leg in Argentina, but due to volcanic ash had to change race course...?

Crew guy told me they were supposed to start the race in argentina but had to change last minute cause the flights got messed up!

'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
New post from this poster on Twitter

posted a few seconds ago -

One team is a married couple...both are "little" people. I think they might be the same ones that had a reality show, but not sure
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.