Author Topic: Amazing Race 19 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**  (Read 388506 times)

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race 19 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**
« Reply #550 on: July 12, 2011, 10:57:36 PM »
i actually work 90 hours a week so i cant do as much as i'd like to for rff, but when i can, i watch tweets and facebook posts.  anyways, on a side note, all you haters can take your hating elsewhere.  if you dont like what is done by peach, chateau, and others, then go take a hike and start your own spoilers. 

Great job as always everyone.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #551 on: July 13, 2011, 03:39:08 AM »
I fully support peach,chateau and other hard-working TARdetectives.I  think that the haters envy their works that they have done.Working by days and days,they put much time and effort in it.I really appreciate them!

Although TAR 19 is over,I still want to find out where the teams go in Leg 8 to 11.Because There are many rumors in the speculation thread.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #552 on: July 13, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »
Not trying to cause drama or anything, but....

Honestly, the people that come to this website are big fans of the show and will watch anyway no matter what the spoilers reveal, guaranteed or they wouldnt be here looking for spoilers if they werent invested in the show. So to say the show would be cancelled for putting spoilers on a random forum on the internet is just absurd.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #553 on: July 13, 2011, 11:27:05 PM »
Not trying to cause drama or anything, but....

Honestly, the people that come to this website are big fans of the show and will watch anyway no matter what the spoilers reveal, guaranteed or they wouldnt be here looking for spoilers if they werent invested in the show. So to say the show would be cancelled for putting spoilers on a random forum on the internet is just absurd.

We'll continue to watch the show, of course. But those that might not are the ones that read the media outlets that often pick up spoilers from this thread and publish them for someone to unwittingly stumble across. THOSE are the people that may no longer watch the show.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #554 on: July 13, 2011, 11:32:22 PM »
I'm quite content not to know who wins, don't mind knowing F3, but I agree, having all the spoilers and the final outcome overall is really not a great idea to release. It nearly ruined TAR11
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #555 on: July 14, 2011, 10:34:54 AM »
I'm quite content not to know who wins, don't mind knowing F3, but I agree, having all the spoilers and the final outcome overall is really not a great idea to release. It nearly ruined TAR11

Especially since none of us really liked Eric & Danielle.

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #556 on: July 14, 2011, 06:16:25 PM »
I just want to say that I do not have the time, patience or real interest in doing the detective work that is done by the TAR detectives here. I think they work they do is fantastic and I love coming here to read what you guys have uncovered and to see if the race is running anywhere near my home. If it was I would try my hand at detecting. Would I like to know the finale spoilers? Sure. But it won't kill me not to and the reasons given for not providing these spoilers are so legit that I don't understand why people make a big deal. The TAR detectives put in a lot of time, and in cases where they are actually detecting in person I assume some money, to provide us with information. Until you are out there doing it yourself, do not complain with what information you don't have.

Thanks TAR detectives for all the hard work and dedication you all put into finding all this information. You guys have made my last few years of watching TAR so much more enjoyable as I can follow the race live on here and then watch it on TV and be continually amazed how accurate you were.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #557 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:46 PM »

Especially since none of us really liked Eric & Danielle.

Aww I love Danielle

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #558 on: July 22, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »
Caper does it again with this great find!!

translated article from the Danish newspaper SN.dk:

Hillingdon - 06th juli 2011 14:32 July 2011 14:32

Helicopter over Hillerød procession American television program

The helicopter, which flew around Monday to Hillerød and Frederiksborg Castle, was part of an American TV production. Frederiksborg Castle will not go with more because it has signed a confidentiality.  Evidence suggests that there can be no reality travel program "Amazing Race" have not previously been in Denmark.

Foto: Jimmy Rømer

Helicopter over Hillerød procession American television program
 Hill: The helicopter that Monday morning circling over Hillingdon and especially Frederiksborg Castle, was part of an American television crew.  The Americans were in Hillingdon to record a TV program on the Danish castle.

It gives information dissemination employee name removed  from Frederiksborg Castle.
There is an American television program that made filming. The helicopter lavede overview images, says name removed.

She must not comment on further details as she has signed a secrecy with the American broadcaster.

According to one source, there was an American adventure program that was on a visit to Hillerød.  Evidence suggests that there may be talk about the American reality TV program "Amazing Race". . This raises a bunch of players from the United States around the world where they solve problems and find clues to the next destination, often found in and around famous tourist attractions.

Another indication that the "Amazing Race" has been by Hill, is that Denmark is during the show's 19th  editions so far been ignored. In contrast, Sweden is visited three times and Norway twice.

further discussion in locations!! :hearts:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:11:13 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #559 on: July 22, 2011, 03:13:02 PM »
Second helicopter photo via the Hillerod Posten:credit to John Larson

Thanks to leafsfan for the find!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:18:55 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #560 on: July 22, 2011, 03:41:26 PM »
The Hillerød Posten story has a reader comment

Denne helikopter filmede også inde på Amager den samme morgen....

that google translates to:

This helicopter also filmed in the Amager that morning ....

As best I can tell, Amager probably refers to a large island in the south of Denmark, 40-50 miles southeast of Hillerød. The southern portion of Copenhagen is on that island, but there are also other towns as well as Copenhagen airport and a bridge to Sweden. I'd guess that if the report is true, they were probably doing something along the Copenhagen harbor area. At a quick glance, most of the Copenhagen tourist sites appear to be the mainland, not on Amager island.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:34:30 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #561 on: August 04, 2011, 06:32:07 AM »
http://lekkerbru.co.za/2011/08/day-10-blowout/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=day-10-blowout

It looks like another sighting for Malawi (look towards the bottom of the page). Did someone want to contact the blogger to find out more info?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #562 on: August 04, 2011, 07:25:00 AM »
Thanks ovalorange! We know they were there that night already, we know that some of the road rally people saw the TAR group. Will try to ask about any further info though!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #563 on: September 03, 2011, 12:41:34 PM »
This doesn't bring any new information but I found a mention of TAR filming in Yogyakarta from this blog: http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Indonesia/Java/Yogyakarta/blog-622143.html

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #564 on: September 12, 2011, 09:24:57 AM »
@RyanStorms had these two tweets

So ask me why I was at the gas station & I was filmed for the #AmazingRace they asked me how to get to LAX #LookForMeOnTV haha
58 minutes ago

So #TheLife gets crazier so after being randomly filmed for the amazing race I see that one of them dropped there passport!!
13 minutes ago

I'm really curious of what became of this. Was it real?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #565 on: September 12, 2011, 04:04:47 PM »
The timing of this being reported at 959pm on June 18 is a predictor of its veracity. Here are the 3 flights which teams are expected to have gotten LAX to TPE:

19 JUN 2011
CI 7 (0057-0500, scheduled 0055-0550) from Los Angeles to Taipei
BR 1 (0132-0534, scheduled 0115-0600) from Los Angeles to Taipei
BR 15 (0144-0548, scheduled 0135-0620) from Los Angeles to Taipei

Timing of all of them is perfect for that "dropped-passport" story being true. It does not guarantee that it is, but there is a high probability that it could be.   

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #566 on: September 16, 2011, 12:10:22 PM »
I wish he had told us who it was. I think I remember him saying it was a female and that he made it to return it to them. It should make for some interesting drama in episode one, but I don't think it harms any racers.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #567 on: September 16, 2011, 12:22:02 PM »
He was probably the kind stranger mentioned in the episode title

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #568 on: September 16, 2011, 12:33:40 PM »
@RyanStorms had these two tweets

So ask me why I was at the gas station & I was filmed for the #AmazingRace they asked me how to get to LAX #LookForMeOnTV haha
58 minutes ago

So #TheLife gets crazier so after being randomly filmed for the amazing race I see that one of them dropped there passport!!
13 minutes ago

I'm really curious of what became of this. Was it real?

I tend to believe it. There were a couple more tweets about how he was racing to the airport to give it back to them. After he had supposedly arrived at the airport and returned it, he clammed up completely, presumably because TAR had him sign a statement allowing them to use his image and probably requiring him to not say anything about what he'd seen. The whole episode was pretty convincing and it rang true to me. If he made it all up, he should be writing screenplays.

He apparently has some minor connections to Hollywood. His twitter description mentions being, among other things, "Apparel Stylist for You & the STARS :)" So, it was probably in his best interest to cooperate with TAR. I went to his twitter feed just now and could find nothing related to this incident. It could be that he removed it (if that's possible), but more likely, the twitter search doesn't go back to June.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #569 on: September 16, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »

If the passport story is true, then the title probably refers to the guy returning it. We'll probably hear a quote like "We only made the flight to Taiwan due to the kindness of strangers."

Update: Nevermind my speculations, I see in the EP1 thread that it's already been reported that the TAR preview shown during "The Mentalist" specifically mentions the lost passport. Kind of ironic to have a contestant's half-mental moment revealed during "The Mentalist".  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:40:41 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #570 on: September 16, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »

We say this a lot in the south....

Blanche DuBois:
Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
   ---as she is taken to the mental institution....

Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire (1947)

http://youtu.be/CxGN29njs3Q
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #571 on: September 16, 2011, 12:50:58 PM »
Justin and Jennifer are from Georgia, I can see her quoting that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #572 on: September 23, 2011, 10:41:10 PM »

1st clue asks them to travel via MRT to Shima station , teams must find a clue written in Chinese (red and yellow bubbles??)on  Electric BillBoard like season 9 , like Tokyo task

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25526.msg619953.html#msg619953

Many many thanks to my wonderful anonymous friend for sharing this great find!  :hrt:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WeDLBn2oldI?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WeDLBn2oldI?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #573 on: October 23, 2011, 06:48:58 PM »

I am going to add in some team sightings pulled from various sources from the plane ride Joburg to Malawi.

I have added {{names}} when it was absolutely clear who the sources referred to.

You will see that there was some confusion as to who was who or with whom....but despite that confusion this source was very reliable.

They felt they had only seen 5 teams on the plane, but based on the confusion suspect they really may have seen 6, plus one more at the airport... giving us our seven teams for Malawi.

This source reviewed photos I sent:

saw 5 cameras on the plane...

... sat next to Andy "surfer dude" from Tahoe. 

..said Andy definitely talked about snowboarding and that he was a Christian and from Tahoe.
(Note: the name Andy and the Tahoe connection is totally credited to this source!!)

... remembers {{Marcus/Amani}} on that flight all in orange.

...talked about how Andy had some teenagers on the plane growl at the tall African American guy (we assumed was {{Marcus}}) when he walked by as some sort of an inside joke.

...mentioned that {{AA woman, thought by source to be Amani}} asked to borrow Andy's New Testament on the flight.

the lady (we assumed was {Amani}) mentioned that her husband was a doctor and that is how they felt God provided for them to have time off to do the race.

the woman pointed over to her husband (she was sitting with him but had come over to borrow the Bible) and made this comment. He was the very tall African American.

...also remembers the Chinese American woman and the father/son {{Sunderland}}.

... definitely remembers the "older" husband and wife in the airport as well.

..they were asking about where the lake was from the plane but no specifics on the task. The only thing {source} noticed them asking about at the airport was whether or not they could get a taxi with a meter (which they do NOT have here, of course).

Second source:

he was male. African american man tall and built kinda dressed like ur typical basketball coach. Had a beard, think he had his wife with him.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #574 on: October 23, 2011, 06:58:01 PM »
so that leaves us with the twins, Jeremy/Sandy, and maybe Justin/Jennifer up for elimination tonight?