Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 507512 times)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #725 on: October 05, 2011, 11:23:07 PM »
Taiwan however, is not shown in its normal north-south orientation.

I'd probably do pretty well with maps on the show, as well. I love maps. My favorite gadget is the Garmin, as it is a map I can tell with me. :)

It is displayed the right way up on the clue itself, but Cathi is just holding it on its side, folded in half.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #726 on: October 08, 2011, 10:09:04 AM »
Can you remind me which teams were spotted in Thailand?  This might help me decide which team is going home this week (if any do)?

Belle Book

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #727 on: October 08, 2011, 12:30:29 PM »
IIRC, only about five of the teams were spotted, and I'm not sure if there were descriptions of all five sufficient to know which teams those were. 
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #728 on: October 08, 2011, 01:14:24 PM »
No... I believe we have future sightings of all teams but Kaylani and Lisa.

The posts were pretty clear at the time the teams were leaving Indonesia.

Buying onward tickets in Jakarta were

2 Blacks (M/F)
A couple with an asian (M/F)
A couple (M/F)
Blondes (F/F)

Giving us  Marcus/Armani, J/J, Ernie/Cindy, Jeremy/Sandy, Twins, all confirmed by a second observer.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25526.msg621406.html#msg621406

Spotted on a flight to Phuket were in addition, Bill and Cathi.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25526.msg622044.html#msg622044

And spotted in Soetta airport AFTER the Borobodur leg were also L/Z and Andy/Tommy.
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25526.msg621742.html#msg621742

Sightings rely on the ability and reliability of the one seeing teams and are not infallible. But sadly, this info appears to be reliable.

All info and sources have been in the Timeline...I think??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #729 on: October 10, 2011, 07:23:37 AM »
I don't know if this is going to make sense, but I got a Chip and Kim vibe from Amani and Marcus. I think they're due to win a leg really soon after they recover from 2 bad legs. But as for winning the race?? Not much yet.

Jeremy and Sandy give me the Jordan and Jeff, AJ and Ty feel.. those dating couples in mid-placings which producers didn't want viewers to care about.

Ernie and Cindy is clearly a Final 3/4 team. Same with Andy and Tommy.

Bill and Cathi's edit obviously feels like a Final 6 team or better...? But I won't be shock if they're gone next.. just that I think they stick around for another NEL. :lol:

Justin and Jennifer are not getting that much of an edit this episode but they're still fine... we see them more than Laurence and Zac this leg. Maybe a 5th place edit.

I predict Laurence and Zac or Jeremy and Sandy going next? I think it's Jeremy and Sandy... :duno:

Of course one would say there's no such thing as a 'winner's edit' but... I don't buy that... Ooops. :lol:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #730 on: October 10, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »
It is a little easy to predict, and I can easily see a team like Ernie & Cindy falling due to a simple mistake. I'm just basing it off of editing wise. Certain teams seem to be getting a lot more time on screen than others, indicating their in it for the long hull. As much as I'd love to see Bill & Cathi make it farther, their story isn't going anywhere and we've already heard their elimination speech in the first episode which made it sound like they only stick around a few legs.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #731 on: October 10, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
Zap2it.com had this description listed for last night's TAR episode:

The Amazing Race : Don't Lay Down on Me Now (Indonesia)

S19, E02 (First Aired: October 9, 2011)

One team is stranded in Indonesia after a medical emergency; two teams work together in hope of completing a difficult challenge.

I don't recall a medical emergency on last night's episode, but being stranded sounds like something that would happen when leaving Indonesia...maybe next week when leaving for Phuket? I suspect you could find two teams working together almost any roadblock or detour, so I'm not convinced that's referring to the temple at Borobudur.

I vaguely recall something about a medical problem with a racer coming up a while back but i don't have the time to go through 55 pages to try and find it. Does anybody else remember this?

If there is a medical emergency on the next episode, I'll guess it was related to dehydration and fatigue from the last episode. So many of the participants seemed done in by the time they got to the pit stop.  Or maybe Cathi had a delayed reaction to all the falls she took.  :iok

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #732 on: October 10, 2011, 08:25:30 PM »
I'm not going to rank Kaylani and Lisa as another all-female team who can't race or what. I think they're a very interesting team combination and they're just one of those all-female teams with really NO LUCK.

I've been very impressed with Liz and Marie's and Kaylani and Lisa's performance thus far. Especially last night when they finished the Detour in 3RD and 4TH place.. not only that they also reached the temple in 3rd and 4th. Can you imagine if it's just another lame RB, they could have gotten 3rd and 4th place too?

Bill and Cathi.. they're doing a Meredith and Gretchen and I believe they will stick around longer and maybe 6th place or better. (fingers crossed) They actually finished the RB in third place... they just had to pay for their cabs! Going to the cab... then returning... is not their fortay but I don't foresee every leg to have such mishaps happening to them! They're better than we expect them to! :tup: :tup: :hrt:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #733 on: October 10, 2011, 10:53:26 PM »
Interesting...but I don't remember anything about an emergency in TAR..Survivor maybe? :lol:

The press release is out and added into the first post of the thread...if there had been a prob they almost certainly would have mentioned it, right?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #734 on: October 11, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »
Interesting...but I don't remember anything about an emergency in TAR..Survivor maybe? :lol:

The press release is out and added into the first post of the thread...if there had been a prob they almost certainly would have mentioned it, right?

It's possible that if a team is eliminated due to a medical emergency, it will make the leg pretty anti-climactic, so CBS may have decided not to divulge it in advance. It's far more likely that the description I found was flat out wrong. It's not even for leg 4, but for leg 3. Until I see some mention of it elsewhere, I'm not going to put much weight to it.

After thinking about it more, the vague recollection of a medical emergency seems like a long time ago and probably refers to Margie collapsing at the pit stop last season or something similar to that.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #735 on: October 11, 2011, 06:41:31 PM »
nvm
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #736 on: October 14, 2011, 01:24:24 PM »
Malawi for episodes 6 & 7!

Season 19, Episode 6
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Malawi, Africa. Original Air Date: Oct 30, 2011
Season 19, Episode 7
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Malawi, Africa. Original Air Date: Nov 6, 2011

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #737 on: October 17, 2011, 03:58:55 AM »
cbs schedule has listed episode 6 - 'We Love Your Country Already; It Is Very Spacious' (Malawi)

sounds a bit like a Cathi quote!  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #738 on: October 17, 2011, 08:30:26 AM »
Thank you!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #739 on: October 18, 2011, 09:36:11 AM »
ep. 2 Indonesia

ep. 4. Thailand

I kept on seeing maps of each country. They might be in the finale geography quiz. Who knows!  :duno:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:44:55 AM by banzai »

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #740 on: October 18, 2011, 11:18:46 AM »
I wont be surprised if it's like how Season 9's finale challenge (place flags in order of visited) and throw in look alikes / decoys on a packard or what not.
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #741 on: October 18, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »
I'm scratching my head on this one!  I'd like to see them have to do a map puzzle with big pieces shaped like this outlines but I can't see how to make it work.

Maybe they have to pick from shapes of all the world's countries and place them in order that they visited.  Kind of like the surfboards of TAR14 or the flags of TAR9.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #742 on: October 18, 2011, 02:14:59 PM »
I don't know if somebody has already said this but the map of Indonesia is wrong. It seems to include the Malay peninsula (which is not part of Indonesia) and the whole island of Timor (which Indonesia shares with East Timor).  :groan:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #743 on: October 18, 2011, 03:24:08 PM »
Maybe put the right cluebox for the right country map?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #744 on: October 18, 2011, 08:31:09 PM »
I don't know if somebody has already said this but the map of Indonesia is wrong. It seems to include the Malay peninsula (which is not part of Indonesia) and the whole island of Timor (which Indonesia shares with East Timor).  :groan:

Wow, you're right! It does seem to include East Timor in the outline and they've definitely included peninsular Malaysia and Singapore. How embarrassing...

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #745 on: October 20, 2011, 12:22:15 AM »
As I suggested before, it's probably matching the clue holder with the outline of the country where they saw the clue holder. It's going to be the sort of memorization for visual detail that probably going to drive the final three teams crazy....but then we'll have to see if any of these teams have any such skills in the legs to come.
It's going to be a difficult, pressure filled final challenge if this is what it is.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #746 on: October 21, 2011, 10:13:40 AM »
BTW, I forgot if people spotted teams past Thailand or not.  Can someone tell me if any teams were spotted in say, Malawi?

Belle Book

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #747 on: October 21, 2011, 11:06:24 AM »
BTW, I forgot if people spotted teams past Thailand or not.  Can someone tell me if any teams were spotted in say, Malawi?

Belle Book

There was a blog that its writer said that he was in a flight with a guy named Andy going to Malawi, but check the timeline thread all the info are there.
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25646.0.html

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #748 on: October 21, 2011, 12:20:53 PM »

Belle Book

As stated above, their was the guy on the plain out of Malawi who gave us the name Andy, and Chateau found that info in Denmark about Laurence & Zac and Marcus & Amani being their. Those are the only 3 teams who we can presume make it out of Africa.

Offline Ouagadougou

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race
« Reply #749 on: October 22, 2011, 08:46:42 AM »
 :wohoo:

Hmm... I was looking on some of the flights leaving bangkok to lilongwe... that is direct flight or a connecting flight to johannesburg... and i saw some flights that is leaving to lilongwe direct from bangkok...

Which bangkok is possibly their leg for leaving the flight to lilongwe... i understand that they cannot go to kathmandu, because of conflict turmoil in the country or some bad weather strike onto... i wish they went onto it

I just want to speculate the map that is printed on their clue... that i think they need to memorize the shape of the country they visited... then they need to identify the name of the country without looking at anything in their maps, etc. ... and/or arrange it in the legs they went onto in sequence and correct order....
the Amazing Racer will race for an adventure of a lifetime....