Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 507540 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #700 on: September 23, 2011, 08:50:34 PM »
Episode 2 was my spec, borrowed from several who identified the location as Indonesia. Could be leg three since there are not many gaps in leg two or I/they could be wrong.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #701 on: September 24, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
Phil says: 'We have a few circumstances this season. The weather played a major effect on where we went later on. We had to change course midway through, so that was a challenge.'

I think it could be one of these events:

Tropical Storm Meari (also referred to as Falcon) left dozens of people dead as it impacted several countries in East Asia. The storm formed east of the Philippines on June 20th and the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) named the storm 'Falcon' that evening. The storm was upgraded to tropical storm strength on the 22nd and the Japan Meteorological Agency named the cyclone 'Meari'. The storm reached maximum intensity of 70 mph (110 km/hr). At least eight fatalities were reported in the Philippines , where an estimated 1.7 million people across 12 provinces were affected. Media reports stated that at least nine people were killed in South Korea and 17 people were killed in northern Vietnam due to lightning strikes and flooding from the storm. Meari made landfall in southwestern North Korea near the city of Pyongyang on the 27th; however, no information about possible deaths or damages was publicly available. The storm disippated that same day as it moved over land.

This could easily force a change of route if any of the above countries were planned..

In nearby Nepal and northeastern India, almost 80 people perished and 200,000 had to be evacuated due to heavy rains and subsequent landslides since the monsoon season began in June.

Also possible, but would WRP have planned five new countries in this race?

My money's on Meari. I don't think the Philippines was on the original route, as the US has a travel warning out at the moment for that country.

But the real question is, will we ever find out?!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #702 on: September 24, 2011, 03:27:04 PM »
I like it.... nice job!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #703 on: September 24, 2011, 10:15:17 PM »
I'm not sure if I posting this in the right place, but I recently read an interview Jenna and Ethan did on The Amazing Race. The two things that popped out to me were this:
“We went into the game not wanting to tell anyone that we were on 'Survivor' and you’ll see how that works out,” Morasca told CNN by phone. (There were, of course, a lot of “You have to watch the show” mentions, seeing as the filming wrapped in July. The only thing we could glean from the interview was that Team "Survivor" was not eliminated early.)

and

When reminded that one contestant did propose (successfully) during the race in season 17 and asked if he ever got on one knee during the race, Zohn said he did trip over something. “And handed me a diamond, you’ll have to watch and see,” Morasca joked.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/23/survivors-morasca-and-zohn-are-ready-to-race/

Any spoilers that can be found from this?  :duno: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place......
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #704 on: September 27, 2011, 02:58:08 AM »
Judging by Jenna's tweets about K&L, it seems that E&J were eliminated before K/L.  :duno: So hopefully it will be Ron and Bill and Ethan and Jenna eliminated next.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #705 on: September 27, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »
Just speculation of course, but the confessional where E/J are talking about no telling the other racers they were Survivor winners seems to me that is set in Indonesia. We have another confessional of them in Taiwan similar to the location of the other racers' end of the leg confessionals.

Now, it just seems weird to me that they would be talking about that in Indonesia... I mean, that topic would be at the top of the list of things to talk about in the first confessionals. I just think that they're talking about it, because they were eliminated and are recounting their journey through the race.

It could very well mean nothing, and maybe I'm looking waaay into it, but I just wanted to put it out there.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #706 on: October 02, 2011, 02:13:59 AM »
I just noticed some things for this season's race.  Indonesia, Malawi, Belgium, and Denmark for starters, are countries that for the last several seasons we been wanting the race to visit.  Also the other countries like Taiwan and Panama only gotten 1 visit in the past. Thailand was pretty much put aside since TAR14.  Another thing is that I believe we have a 9th country unaccounted for possibly in Africa or Europe, maybe after Malawi and before Denmark but I could be wrong.  And finally with the double pit-stop elimination in Leg 2, if 12 legs are counted for, we could have the keep going Pit Stop like last season followed by 2-3 more speedbumps.  That is all I have to say for now.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #707 on: October 02, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »
Another map quiz on the final leg?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #708 on: October 02, 2011, 10:37:06 PM »
ooohhhhh...nice one!! Let's hope so!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #709 on: October 02, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »
Slowhatch is fast! I'm wondering if they got a map for Taiwan, but I'm definitely thinking that right now!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #710 on: October 03, 2011, 07:09:50 AM »

I noticed that picture too, and wondered why it was there. It's very possible it has to do with a final task. :tup:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #711 on: October 03, 2011, 10:01:22 AM »

OMG Slowhatch EXAACCCTLLLY. I'm happy someone saw this future task too. (because I have been drooling/hallucinating about possible tasks) :lol:

In TAR9, flags are placed on the very first clues of the leg, and then we saw it: a final task involving flags.

One thing I also speculate is the special (both were seen at roadblocks) ornate "clueholders" we have this season. I hope the trend continues:

Leg 1 - The chinese hanger below
Leg 2 - The vase stuff

Tasks are nice this season, BTW! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #712 on: October 03, 2011, 04:14:27 PM »
Final task may involve associating clue "holders" with the shape of the correct country; that might explain both of these elements for the season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #713 on: October 04, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »
You guys see what I see? :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #714 on: October 04, 2011, 03:13:36 PM »
The Route Info clue?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #715 on: October 04, 2011, 03:15:41 PM »
MAPS....I do love me some MAPS. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #716 on: October 04, 2011, 03:38:34 PM »
If the final task is a map quiz, you will want me on your team :lol:
I can't answer the question of team composition, Leafsfan. However, for a map quiz (not a flags quiz) the champions would be Neobie or me.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #717 on: October 04, 2011, 04:10:23 PM »
Haha, thanks for the compliment, Apskip!

A slightly enlarged version. Where did the teams get this clue? Los Angeles?

(ZOMG it's CYPRUS!) :snicker:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #718 on: October 04, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »
You crack me up! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #719 on: October 05, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »
Haha, thanks for the compliment, Apskip!

A slightly enlarged version. Where did the teams get this clue? Los Angeles?

(ZOMG it's CYPRUS!) :snicker:

Love the enhanced map you pulled from the clue.  I don't get the Cyprus comment, but that's OK.

Just so others are not confused, that is a map of Taiwan, just on its side.  Here is a North-South oriented map - http://geology.com/world/taiwan-satellite-image.shtml

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #720 on: October 05, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »
gator27,

Nice save! It is indeed Taiwan on its side and does not have the kinks that the map of Cyprus does, although its general shape is similar.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #721 on: October 05, 2011, 01:13:32 PM »
gator27,

Nice save! It is indeed Taiwan on its side and does not have the kinks that the map of Cyprus does, although its general shape is similar.

:D I think Neobie was just joking! (If he wasn't, he should be stripped of his title immediately!!)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #722 on: October 05, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »
Cyprus had a very distinctive pinesula on its northeast that would make it easy to distinguish from Taiwan as long as you are looking at both laid out with the same orientation (i.e., north).
-- theschnauzers

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #723 on: October 05, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
ZOMG it's CYPRUS! :snicker:

Yeah, that was a joke, referring to the Cyprus hoaxes that kept popping up during the filming of TAR 19. Attached are outline maps, to scale, to compare between the two.

I can see how my post could have been misconstrued. Apskip's computer doesn't display emoticons and smileys, making it difficult to distinguish between normative sentences and those with a tinge of sarcasm. ;)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #724 on: October 05, 2011, 09:03:35 PM »
Taiwan however, is not shown in its normal north-south orientation.

I'd probably do pretty well with maps on the show, as well. I love maps. My favorite gadget is the Garmin, as it is a map I can tell with me. :)
-- theschnauzers