Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 507631 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #625 on: July 11, 2011, 07:20:48 AM »
OMG OMG!!!! I hope you have some pics that will tease us at the end!!! :jumpy:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #626 on: July 11, 2011, 07:52:38 AM »
OMG OMG!!!! I hope you have some pics that will tease us at the end!!! :jumpy:

:lol:

Also, yay @ Atlanta!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #627 on: July 11, 2011, 08:48:17 AM »
OMG. Footrace in the stairs of Swan House <3

Why didn't I notice there were *thoughts* about Spain being the last stopover? I should have searched before, but I've done now, and nothing seems to appear... I think not Madrid, or not TAR fans having seen them.

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #628 on: July 11, 2011, 08:50:31 AM »

We SO wanted to tell you all, but as you all know, RFF chooses to never reveal the start or finale locations in advance...to protect the race from unintentional interference.

So I have a question -- how did YOU know before hand where the finish line was?

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #629 on: July 11, 2011, 09:39:14 AM »
Yes!! To my utmost joy and delight, TAR 19 completed the race in my own hometown!!

FINALE CITY: ATLANTA, GEORGIA

FINALE DATE: JULY 10, 2011

PITSTOP: THE SWAN HOUSE

We SO wanted to tell you all, but as you all know, RFF chooses to never reveal the start or finale locations in advance...to protect the race from unintentional interference.

And yes, The Swan House has always been my own TOP pick for a Pitstop in Atlanta...way back when I first suggested it to Cocoa for his game. A PERFECT choice.

how can u crack that code (the one with the swan house in the background with all those letter/numbers/symbols in it)?
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #630 on: July 11, 2011, 09:40:41 AM »

Call it the hometown advantage!  :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #631 on: July 11, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »
how can u crack that code (the one with the swan house in the background with all those letter/numbers/symbols in it)?

:lol:

It has nothing to do with TAR 19. :lol:

It was from my fantasy game that ended in Atlanta. :lol:

Peach really really really knows her place. She even predicted a year and a half ago that if TAR comes there, Swan House is one of the greatest potential to be the Finish Line. Kudos Peach! Kudos!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #632 on: July 11, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
TAR = Daring.. ending at the hometown of a TAR Detective. LMAO.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #633 on: July 11, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »
I am just as happy about it as Peach is; and no, she didn't tell me anything. I figured it was a strong possibility once we had tweets from Atlanta Airport and Facebook.

Swan House by the way, is in the middle of the Buckhead neighborhood -- very near -- three or four blocks, depending on how you count them, of  the main intersection of Peachtree Road and West Paces Ferry, and directly off of Andrews Road. (There's a Swan Coach House restaurant, that is on the same 30 or so acres. but it is not the Swan House.) When you look at the neighborhood on Google Earth, you will understand why Peach and I both say it is hard to get to even for the taxi drivers; and it is in the middle of a rich, urban neighborhood!

Edited to add: This is the second finish line in a row that I have been to (more than once each, oddly enough). That is just weird inasmuch as I've never been west of the Rockies.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:07:05 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #634 on: July 11, 2011, 11:12:20 AM »
Swan House by the way, is in the middle of the Buckhead neighborhood -- very near -- three or four blocks, depending on how you count them, of  the main intersection of Peachtree Road and West Paces Ferry, and directly off of Andrews Road. (There's a Swan Coach House reastuarant, that is on the same 30 or so acres. but it is not the Swan House.) When you look at the neighboorhood on Google Earth, you will understand why Peach and I both say it is hard to get to even for the taxi drivers; and it is in the middle of a rich, urban neighborhood!

I can attest to that as well, as I was in Atlanta couple weekends ago, and had a very hard time finding the museum itself, where the Swan House is located. The signs pointing to the place, aren't exactly easy to find, as they tend to be small and sometimes hidden. Hope the teams had the best of luck finding it.

Interesting that I declined to tour the house this time around, because of time and the fact that I tried to limit my time outdoors in this Hotlanta weather. Wasn't sure if it was air-conditioned.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #635 on: July 11, 2011, 01:48:04 PM »

There are always interesting hints if you know where to look. :lol:

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #636 on: July 11, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »

There are always interesting hints if you know where to look. :lol:

There are even more interesting hints if you look harder... :neener:
And even when you find something, it can be all about how you interpret the clues :spy:
Am I being cyptic enough?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #637 on: July 11, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »
So they also visited the gardens and the Margaret Mitchell house as well then.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #638 on: July 11, 2011, 02:49:16 PM »
Maybe they just needed to close them all at once to avoid suspicion? :duno: They are all operated by the Atlanta History Center. And the Swan House is normally open from 1-4 PM on Sundays.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #639 on: July 11, 2011, 02:53:58 PM »
The acreage where the Swan House is located is all one piece of property. I'd be impossible to hide the presence of camera crews and production from those places within. If I could have capped the Google Earth view, you'd be able to see exactly what I mean.

And no, I wasn't in on the information. My comments were based on my own instincts, and once it was apparently teams would in fact be returning from Europe, and given how the Race has avoided using the same city as an end point since All-Stars, the odds to me of Atlanta finally coming into play just seemed obvious.

I have a suspicion that there's a film permit or two involved somewhere, but I honestly haven't tried to look.
-- theschnauzers

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #640 on: July 11, 2011, 03:13:52 PM »
Maybe they just needed to close them all at once to avoid suspicion? :duno: They are all operated by the Atlanta History Center. And the Swan House is normally open from 1-4 PM on Sundays.

Sorry, I'm waiting like everyone else for Peach's epic story  :popcorn: and I don't want to steal her thunder.
Lets just say there was a lot of searching, planning and intrigue that led us to Atlanta. We all owe Peach a beer (or a mint julip).

Will she ever wake up from her nap? :zz:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #641 on: July 11, 2011, 03:24:33 PM »
So they also visited the gardens and the Margaret Mitchell house as well then.

This was on their website:

CLOSED for the Day

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Margaret Mitchell House is closed to the public.

Return to Home

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #642 on: July 11, 2011, 03:37:34 PM »
One of the tasks was probably at the coca-cola museum in atlanta.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #643 on: July 11, 2011, 04:08:37 PM »
mds, which one? There's more than one downtown.
There's the location of the building where the pharmacy was located where Coca-Cola was created; there's the original location of the World of Coca-Cola near Underground Atlanta (a history item right there as well), or the location of the current World of Coca-Cola on the north end of the Centennial Olympic Park, next to the Georgia Aquarium (the world's largest).

I'll be very interested to see where the final teams were sent between the airport and Swan House. On paper, there's a lot of possibilities.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #644 on: July 11, 2011, 04:47:54 PM »
Here's a cap from Google Earth of the area where the Swan House is located.

The address in the cap is the address for the Swan Coach House (which is a restaurant); the Swan House is to the left and above the Swan Coach House.  You can also see the Atlanta History Museum looking towards the top, along West Paces Ferry Road.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #645 on: July 11, 2011, 07:42:10 PM »
mds, which one? There's more than one downtown.
There's the location of the building where the pharmacy was located where Coca-Cola was created; there's the original location of the World of Coca-Cola near Underground Atlanta (a history item right there as well), or the location of the current World of Coca-Cola on the north end of the Centennial Olympic Park, next to the Georgia Aquarium (the world's largest).

I'll be very interested to see where the final teams were sent between the airport and Swan House. On paper, there's a lot of possibilities.

The old one by Underground Atlanta is completely shut down. Here's some interesting stuff about event planning at the new site:

http://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/audiovisualspecifications.htm

http://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/a-zplanningguide.htm

However it was not closed yesterday and they receive thousands of daily visitors. Just by looking through Twitter it is apparent that many people were there yesterday and did not see anything odd.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #646 on: July 11, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »
I would say the same for other obvious places like Olympic Park and the Georgia Aquarium. Lots of people there, most of whom tweeted about it but no sightings.

The only way WRP could handle somewhere as busy as Atlanta is to go somewhere where most people aren't.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #647 on: July 11, 2011, 08:34:04 PM »
I hope the Driving Miss Daisy house is visited. :snicker: If so, then one of Peach's places predicted will add up! :lol:

Peach! :hearts: :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #648 on: July 11, 2011, 09:34:35 PM »
I would say the same for other obvious places like Olympic Park and the Georgia Aquarium. Lots of people there, most of whom tweeted about it but no sightings.

The only way WRP could handle somewhere as busy as Atlanta is to go somewhere where most people aren't.

of course TAR15 had them repeling down Mandalay Bay and no one had a clue!  :lol:

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #649 on: July 12, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »

of course TAR15 had them repeling down Mandalay Bay and no one had a clue:lol:

:lol3:
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains