Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 507592 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #525 on: July 03, 2011, 01:21:27 AM »
Found this on flickr, the pic has nothing to do with the race, but the name of the photo is: The amazing race to Malawi? Maybe some one can contact the person for more info?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44561213@N00/5891506481/

That pic was from the blog posting I quoted in the live sightings thread last night. It was related to the rest of the stuff that was written about in that blog.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #526 on: July 03, 2011, 03:45:06 AM »
Found this on flickr, the pic has nothing to do with the race, but the name of the photo is: The amazing race to Malawi? Maybe some one can contact the person for more info?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44561213@N00/5891506481/

That pic was from the blog posting I quoted in the live sightings thread last night. It was related to the rest of the stuff that was written about in that blog.

Already contacted!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #527 on: July 03, 2011, 03:47:10 AM »
:welcome: kathleenyld! 

I would love that, but we aren't sure of the next destination yet Keep him alert!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #528 on: July 03, 2011, 03:57:34 AM »
Okay, the first Cyprus info came from someone with 11 tweets, who said he was in Turkey, but whose twitter account was in Singapore...therefore thought to be fake, especially as the account was closed off as soon as we questioned it.

More "sightings" mean we have to take another look, the first thing will being checking to see if flight connections are possible.

I am being told teams may be  scheduled to leave Malawi today...if that is correct then they cannot be in Cyprus now. If incorrect...maybe??

So bottom line, we need to look at everything!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #529 on: July 03, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »
One of Lululiaoxin's tweets reminded me of a local show I've watched where the person (whose name is coincidentally Lulu) said the exact same thing, so her tweets MIGHT not be true.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #530 on: July 03, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »
One of the things I'm surprised by is that we're seeing tweets with no Twitpics to go with them. Since virtually every mobile phone or Blackberry or IPad or I Phone has a camera, I would have expected to see more photographic evidence, even if it was blurry and jerky.

It does make it hard to see multiple independent source to the same information, doesn't it?
-- theschnauzers

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #531 on: July 03, 2011, 10:46:48 PM »
Was there a tweet from Kenya to Amsterdam today? I had just texted my husband to keep his eyes open at the amsterdam airport for TAR, he lands there in 7 hours. He has seen the pics of the teams, and is camera ready if he sees any of them. Here's hoping! ( but I know it's longshot)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #532 on: July 03, 2011, 10:54:29 PM »
Was there a tweet from Kenya to Amsterdam today? I had just texted my husband to keep his eyes open at the amsterdam airport for TAR, he lands there in 7 hours. He has seen the pics of the teams, and is camera ready if he sees any of them. Here's hoping! ( but I know it's longshot)

Yes someone had them on their plane from Nairobi to AMS today, or at least we think today, unclear. Also not known if they stayed or transited onwards. But yes, tell him to be alert!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #533 on: July 03, 2011, 11:03:08 PM »
Ooo, I had Andorra on one of my TAR dream routes.  That would be awesome.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #534 on: July 04, 2011, 12:36:55 AM »
Okay I am thinking Amsterdam might be a connection point to another European country, because Amsterdam has had so many visits I kind of find it hard to believe they would go back soon.  :duno:

Actually the race has only visited Amsterdam 3 times, the last being in season 15. So it could very well be where the teams were going.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #535 on: July 04, 2011, 04:43:53 AM »
Lulu has a few new tweets detailing what he/she "saw", none of which jives with what we know. Let's drop this and move on then? My blood boils every time I go to the Twitter page.

不打扰你购物骚洋人了!

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #536 on: July 04, 2011, 05:07:37 AM »
Lulu has a few new tweets detailing what he/she "saw", none of which jives with what we know. Let's drop this and move on then? My blood boils every time I go to the Twitter page.

不打扰你购物骚洋人了!
We should move on...just don't understand why he/she be so rude(never happened when I ask for help to locals last season Yunan legs) :groan:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #537 on: July 04, 2011, 05:53:51 AM »
Translation: I shan't disturb you from your shopping, annoying americans/eurasians
不打扰你购物骚洋人了!
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #538 on: July 04, 2011, 10:34:21 AM »
Translation: I shan't disturb you from your shopping, annoying americans/eurasians
不打扰你购物骚洋人了!

Haha that was me. "We wouldn't disturb you any more from your shopping and flirting with Caucasians!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #539 on: July 05, 2011, 08:43:59 AM »
Can anyone confirm that this is the general consensus right now?

Leg 4: Thailand
Leg 5: South Africa
Leg 6: Malawi
Leg 7: Malawi
Leg 8: Kenya
Leg 9: Europe (Holland or Italy?)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #540 on: July 05, 2011, 09:55:10 AM »
I don't think so.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #541 on: July 05, 2011, 10:14:18 AM »
If the tweet about Teams spotted on a flight where Milan may be the destination is valid then I would quickly jump to the conclusion that the racers were headed to Siena where the Palio had just been run the night before (July 2nd, every year).  The Piazza would still be covered with dirt and would make a great place to do a Detour or Roadblock task   :jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM0YqFJrypk
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #542 on: July 05, 2011, 10:18:17 AM »
Phil has said in every single interview when asked where he wants to go...

ITALY

Glad if this happens for him!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #543 on: July 05, 2011, 10:47:50 AM »
If the tweet about Teams spotted on a flight where Milan may be the destination is valid then I would quickly jump to the conclusion that the racers were headed to Siena where the Palio had just been run the night before (July 2nd, every year).  The Piazza would still be covered with dirt and would make a great place to do a Detour or Roadblock task   :jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM0YqFJrypk

After a little digging, I find that a filming permit to shoot a network TV show in Siena costs € 1549.37, so it looks to be within the budget for TAR. This factoid isn't relevant to whether or not they have gone to Italy or Siena, I'm just marveling again at what you can find out there if you look in right obscure locations.  :ascared

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #544 on: July 05, 2011, 01:07:28 PM »
Milan or Italy ???? I don't think so.... :'(
What do you think about.... Poland...

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #545 on: July 05, 2011, 02:00:49 PM »
I lean more towards:

4. Thailand
5. South Africa
6. South Africa
7. Malawi
8. Malawi
9. (Holland or Italy?)
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #546 on: July 05, 2011, 03:06:07 PM »
Maybe this is why they never went to PNG.

http://news.ca.msn.com/world/couple-attacked-with-arrows-in-papua-new-guinea

I wasn't aware there were any plans to visit there. Even so, one attack doesn't make it dangerous to visit the country if the crew ever does decide to go.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #547 on: July 05, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »
If they're already in Italy then they should go to the small enclave of San Marino and do a roadblock task there on measuring the area using mopeds just like what TAR: Unfinished Business on the previous season did and if so, this could be a Switchback roadblock task but in a different country.  Cross our fingers, everyone. ;)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #548 on: July 05, 2011, 10:07:08 PM »
If they're already in Italy then they should go to the small enclave of San Marino and do a roadblock task there on measuring the area using mopeds just like what TAR: Unfinished Business on the previous season did and if so, this could be a Switchback roadblock task but in a different country.  Cross our fingers, everyone. ;)
I love the idea! And it would also add yet another never-before visited country to our list!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #549 on: July 06, 2011, 12:42:09 AM »

San Marino is smaller that Lichtenstein and it's all uphill.