Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 507570 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #475 on: June 29, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
Hey everyone someone tweeter has just said the Contestants are in toronto

:lol3: They always say that.

Please review the twitter suggestions in post one, it only helps if you post it. :tup:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #476 on: June 29, 2011, 08:59:37 PM »
Hey everyone someone tweeter has just said the Contestants are in toronto

:lol3: They always say that.

Please review the twitter suggestions in post one, it only helps if you post it. :tup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow,  I bet Toronto has the most local races ever! One day I hope they finally decided to visit again and do a proper leg.

It would be safe for WRP because if there was a real sighting there no one would believe it. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #477 on: June 29, 2011, 09:24:38 PM »
Anyone, know what this means:

"pas amazing race kan mreka jg mreka kaan hahaha.. Ada abang nya khunnie! Hahaha .pas ktawa sih mirip bgt loh sm khun"

:duno:

Google translate:
Indonesian to English translation

"amazing race fit right mreka mreka jg kaan hahaha .. There's his brother khunnie! Hahaha. ktawa hell-like pas bgt sm loh Khun
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline calphin

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Did I leave the stove on?
« Reply #478 on: June 29, 2011, 11:28:24 PM »

"pas amazing race kan mreka jg mreka kaan hahaha.. Ada abang nya khunnie! Hahaha .pas ktawa sih mirip bgt loh sm khun"

Google translate:

"amazing race fit right mreka mreka jg kaan hahaha .. There's his brother khunnie! Hahaha. ktawa hell-like pas bgt sm loh Khun

I'll rephrase it.
At Amazing Race, there are them too, right? Hahaha... There's Khunnie's brother! Hahaha, when he's laughing he's very much looked like Khun.

I don't know who this Khun is.

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #479 on: June 29, 2011, 11:35:34 PM »

Google translate:

That's some translation peach!  :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #480 on: June 29, 2011, 11:39:31 PM »

Google translate:

That's some translation peach!  :lol3:

yeah my Google is right on the ball! :res:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #481 on: June 30, 2011, 01:11:24 AM »
I wrote this in the Spec thread on May 20th:

I could see them doing a leg in southern Africa. Maybe not South Africa specifically, but since it's only the northern countries that are affected at the moment it's very plausible South Africa or Namibia or Malawi or something could turn up.

If they do go to South America, I'd hope for Paraguay (the only non-Caribbean-bordering country still yet to appear), but with Brazil in TAR18 I think Argentina's most likely.

Europe? Hmmm. PIIGS are out since the governments won't spend money bringing the show to them, and we've seen most of the remaining western Europe countries in the past four seasons (by my count only Belgium, Denmark, and the micronations are left), so I'd expect an eastern European country, if any. Probably a new one, since no eastern European countries have been repeated yet (assuming you count Austria as "western"), and hopefully a Balkan state. Serbia's plausible, as is Albania, or maybe even Bulgaria.

Asia's harder. Since Family Edition, either China or Japan has been done in every race except 13, but 18 was the first to have them both, so maybe we might skip them this time? But it's hard to find any regions they haven't hit recently. Kazakhstan was apparently a real pain the first time, so I don't think we're going back or to any other country nearby (all with even worse infrastructure, and some not safe for women in particular). The Middle East is especially Not Safe Right Now, and we've done India and the neighbouring countries twice in the past two seasons, so they're most likely out. South-East Asia's a mainstay, but aside from three new countries (Indonesia, Laos, and Brunei), they've all been done in the past 5 seasons.

In summary, I suspect we'll get about 8 or 9 countries, probably containing at least one Central/South American country (probably Argentina and one other); South Africa (and possibly a country nearby); at least one country that was part of Yugoslavia; at least one of Thailand/Indonesia/Laos/Philippines, probably two; and a North American country.

Go, me!

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #482 on: June 30, 2011, 01:47:39 AM »
I wrote this in the Spec thread on May 20th:

I could see them doing a leg in southern Africa. Maybe not South Africa specifically, but since it's only the northern countries that are affected at the moment it's very plausible South Africa or Namibia or Malawi or something could turn up.

If they do go to South America, I'd hope for Paraguay (the only non-Caribbean-bordering country still yet to appear), but with Brazil in TAR18 I think Argentina's most likely.

Europe? Hmmm. PIIGS are out since the governments won't spend money bringing the show to them, and we've seen most of the remaining western Europe countries in the past four seasons (by my count only Belgium, Denmark, and the micronations are left), so I'd expect an eastern European country, if any. Probably a new one, since no eastern European countries have been repeated yet (assuming you count Austria as "western"), and hopefully a Balkan state. Serbia's plausible, as is Albania, or maybe even Bulgaria.

Asia's harder. Since Family Edition, either China or Japan has been done in every race except 13, but 18 was the first to have them both, so maybe we might skip them this time? But it's hard to find any regions they haven't hit recently. Kazakhstan was apparently a real pain the first time, so I don't think we're going back or to any other country nearby (all with even worse infrastructure, and some not safe for women in particular). The Middle East is especially Not Safe Right Now, and we've done India and the neighbouring countries twice in the past two seasons, so they're most likely out. South-East Asia's a mainstay, but aside from three new countries (Indonesia, Laos, and Brunei), they've all been done in the past 5 seasons.

In summary, I suspect we'll get about 8 or 9 countries, probably containing at least one Central/South American country (probably Argentina and one other); South Africa (and possibly a country nearby); at least one country that was part of Yugoslavia; at least one of Thailand/Indonesia/Laos/Philippines, probably two; and a North American country.

Go, me!

Great Job!!    :yess:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #483 on: June 30, 2011, 09:25:23 AM »
It's interesting because LLW has extremely limited arrivals. The only way he would have seen them is if they were on Air France 8056 from Lusaka. There is really no way they would have been on a flight from Jburg.

Lusaka is of course in Zambia which seems like a more likely place for them to be flying in from. It makes it seem like they may have not been in Nairobi because the flight from Lusaka to LLW leaves before the only flight from NBO to Lusaka arrives.

Perhaps Malawi is the third Africa leg after Kenya and Zambia? That may account for the missing days.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #484 on: June 30, 2011, 09:26:08 AM »
OKAY!! So based on teams arriving today into Malawi....is this possible??

Phuket>> via Bangkok>> to So Africa (Joburg? and/ or Cape Town?) for 2 legs (please WRP go do Victoria Falls again, it is the 10 year anniversary you know :lol: ) >>then to Malawi (hmmm, a day late? Was arrival rescheduled or was that FB post in error?), and then possibly to KENYA next??

Flight info please!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #485 on: June 30, 2011, 09:36:34 AM »
What date would they have been arriving into Joburg in that scenario?

I found it telling that she did not indicate that they were on the J-burg flight.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #486 on: June 30, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »
It's interesting because LLW has extremely limited arrivals. The only way he would have seen them is if they were on Air France 8056 from Lusaka. There is really no way they would have been on a flight from Jburg.

Lusaka is of course in Zambia which seems like a more likely place for them to be flying in from. It makes it seem like they may have not been in Nairobi because the flight from Lusaka to LLW leaves before the only flight from NBO to Lusaka arrives.

Perhaps Malawi is the third Africa leg after Kenya and Zambia? That may account for the missing days.

Please check your facts. As already posted by WP, there most certainly IS a flight in from Jo-burg.

JNB Johannesburg SA 170  South African Airways due 2:25 PM  arr12:14 PM   Landed On-time 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #487 on: June 30, 2011, 09:41:41 AM »
OKAY!! So based on teams arriving today into Malawi....is this possible??

Phuket>> via Bangkok>> to So Africa (Joburg? and/ or Cape Town?) for 2 legs (please WRP go do Victoria Falls again, it is the 10 year anniversary you know :lol: ) >>then to Malawi (hmmm, a day late? Was arrival rescheduled or was that FB post in error?), and then possibly to KENYA next??

Flight info please!!  :hearts:
I doubt next leg will be Kenya...if 3 legs already in Africa,then next leg probably be in Europe

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #488 on: June 30, 2011, 09:51:57 AM »
Its possible for that picture with the camera, as it looks like they are do the preview filming for the tasks. It looks very similar to the task in Burkina Faso.

I took a look at that picture and a couple of others on the Land & Safari Facebook page. The exif data appears to have been stripped off, so I can't tell when it was taken.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #489 on: June 30, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »
Its possible for that picture with the camera, as it looks like they are do the preview filming for the tasks. It looks very similar to the task in Burkina Faso.

I took a look at that picture and a couple of others on the Land & Safari Facebook page. The exif data appears to have been stripped off, so I can't tell when it was taken.

Posting to FB does that.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #490 on: June 30, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »

Posting to FB does that.

Doesn't FB have more important things to do than impede the progress of important international reality entertainment investigations?  :(

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »

Please check your facts. As already posted by WP, there most certainly IS a flight in from Jo-burg.

JNB Johannesburg SA 170  South African Airways due 2:25 PM  arr12:14 PM   Landed On-time 

I know there is that flight. I just thought it was more likely that they were coming from Zambia at the time because the previous leg has been assumed to be Kenya.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #492 on: June 30, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »
Unless the husband actually saw which plane they got off of there may be no reason to conclude it was either Johannesburg or Lusaka since the flights landed within minutes of each other.   :duno:

My husband was picking someone up at the airport in Lilongwe, Malawi today at 12:30 pm local time (flight from Joburg) and spotted Amazing Race production crew in the airport and teams coming off the plane, trying to get taxis. 
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2011, 10:27:48 AM »
I think we need to reassess what order legs could have been in. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #494 on: June 30, 2011, 10:41:21 AM »

Currency

Airport

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #495 on: June 30, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »

Well you mentioned a blackout in Malawi yesterday, correct? It's possible production decided to wait a day before heading out or had a backup country to visit beforehand if anything were to happen.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #496 on: June 30, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »
Wait, what is with Chateau's post that includes currency and an airport? Is that one of the insider infos that you guys post as a clue/hint/teaser (like the Mary Poppins in S18, recently) that you know and we don't? ??? :lol:

Yay at Malawi! Yay at myself not knowing/reading any updates about teams! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #497 on: June 30, 2011, 12:51:27 PM »
Wait, what is with Chateau's post that includes currency and an airport? Is that one of the insider infos that you guys post as a clue/hint/teaser (like the Mary Poppins in S18, recently) that you know and we don't? ??? :lol:

Yay at Malawi! Yay at myself not knowing/reading any updates about teams! :hearts:

Somebody is behind on his spoilers!! :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #498 on: June 30, 2011, 12:53:01 PM »
 :lol:

I just like currency shots!  And the airport picture is to try to get a feel for what you see when you go there to pick someone up.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #499 on: June 30, 2011, 12:56:41 PM »

Well you mentioned a blackout in Malawi yesterday, correct? It's possible production decided to wait a day before heading out or had a backup country to visit beforehand if anything were to happen.

Or our speculation re legs and leg order was wrong, or this new info is misleading, or what you said, or almost anything!

Joburg's cell phone network is down now, Nairobi had a blackout yesterday, Lilongwe had a blackout and a fuel shortage ... welcome to Africa!! :lol:

I think, without  re looking up all the flights, that we could have gone Bangkok >>Joburg directly... so that routing could be possible.

At the moment nothing is confirmed, time for some DETECTING!! 
RFF's Golden Rule: