Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 507551 times)

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #400 on: June 26, 2011, 01:16:31 AM »
2 PM is the middle of the afternoon. I am the one in the middle of the night. :lol:

i second that...haha

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #401 on: June 26, 2011, 01:39:43 AM »
I live in Yishun. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #402 on: June 26, 2011, 01:41:30 AM »
So why are you here?? GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #403 on: June 26, 2011, 01:42:09 AM »

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #404 on: June 26, 2011, 01:42:32 AM »
Go to the park and confirm for us!!

Offline TARA fan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #405 on: June 26, 2011, 08:16:09 AM »
hi all. singaporean here. any updated news as to whether amazing race is in singapore? anything i can be of help?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #406 on: June 26, 2011, 08:22:02 AM »
Thanks! But no...they are apparently NOT in Singapore. See the LIVE thread for details.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: June 26, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »
Okay guys, here's another info I got while they're out from Indonesia.
Source: http://twitter.com/#!/msindyjansen99

She said she was on the same flight to PHUKET, with blondes, grandmother grandfather, a couple with asian, and THE OTHER TEAMS.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but we can conclude that we just got our first three eliminated teams, right?
Blue M/M, Ethan & Jenna, and Hawaiian girls.

Only time will tell  :waves:
I'm sorry but I think we can't confirm no color couple safe since I realized their check in pic is leg2 not leg3... :-[

My friend spotted that couple in Jogja airport buying AirAsia flight to Jakarta with 4 other teams. I posted that before, but I forgot to add that was 'young couple'. I only wrote 'a couple'
If this is true...can't believe E/J out so early :groan:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #408 on: June 26, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »
many churches in singapore likes to conduct their very own Amazing Race Singapore, hmm, also for Soka Associations, i was invited to be their Phil Keoghan or Allan Wu for 2 times just last year alone, both churches asked me to helped them

Yishun is in the northern terrority in Singapore, the nearest famous landmark there is Chong Pang Hot Springs, which opens only from 7am to 7pm
Yishun Park is SIngapore. I want to take a look at google earth.

Yeah, me too.. I check google maps but Yishun Park has many like 2nd Yishun Park, 11 Yishun Park Singapore, as possible list.
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #409 on: June 26, 2011, 12:20:47 PM »
Since that more recent posting indicates there were "other" teams on the flight to Phukit as the three labeled teams mentioned, that tells us, at the same time, that we can't say who the three teams were for certain that were eliminated in the 2 Indonesian legs, and at the same time rate the Phukit lead as more likely than not.
I don't think we can really say anything more than that,
I don't like making assumptions with so little to work with. (I have a saying that applies here perfectly: "Assumptions are dangerous."
After I wasn't able to find Yishun Park on Google Earth, I went to bed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:46:17 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #410 on: June 26, 2011, 12:25:36 PM »
Finally...a USEFUL sig!! :lol:  Thanks Evan!

BUT they were not in Singapore, at least not at Yishun park anyway.

Until we have a firm sighting, I think all this who was eliminated info may need to be considered spec for now....

With the next sighting all will be clearer, I think.

Now...in TAR 14 I think we didn't see them in Phuket either...but could they have gone somewhere else nearby? Odd to re-use Phuket so soon, so where could they have been that was close but "different"??

And transportation options OUT of there are now of interest...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #411 on: June 26, 2011, 12:40:57 PM »
Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam??

I have a gut feeling that TAR19 will not go to Africa this time, i hope i am not
Now...in TAR 14 I think we didn't see them in Phuket either...but could they have gone somewhere else nearby? Odd to re-use Phuket so soon, so where could they have been that was close but "different"??

And transportation options OUT of there are now of interest...
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #412 on: June 26, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
Krabi, where season one went, is 25-30 miles from Phukit. As I recall, TAR 14 stayed much closer than that to Phukit proper. So it's also possible that flights to Phukit were the closest flights in to whereever they might have gone in the region.
I originally suggested the possibility of Krabi because of leg 10, and the show has never said there wouldn't ever be another Switchback, and, as I posted before, I think leg 10 of season 1 was one of the most challenging legs the show has ever done. But as I recall, there are a lot of offshore islands in that area (wasn't Survivor Thailand just offshore from Phukit?) so I think there are all sorts of possibilities.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #413 on: June 26, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
Reality TV Tavern say the fourth leg is in Johannesburg, South Africa.

:lol:
:lol: I think that was spec.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #414 on: June 26, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »

Offline Seattlite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #415 on: June 26, 2011, 05:58:41 PM »
There are a lot of small islands around Phuket but other then beaches not much to do. You can look up popular James Bond beach for example. I still think the race has gone elsewhere.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #416 on: June 26, 2011, 06:07:38 PM »
Krabi, where season one went, is 25-30 miles from Phukit. As I recall, TAR 14 stayed much closer than that to Phukit proper. So it's also possible that flights to Phukit were the closest flights in to whereever they might have gone in the region.
I originally suggested the possibility of Krabi because of leg 10, and the show has never said there wouldn't ever be another Switchback, and, as I posted before, I think leg 10 of season 1 was one of the most challenging legs the show has ever done. But as I recall, there are a lot of offshore islands in that area (wasn't Survivor Thailand just offshore from Phukit?) so I think there are all sorts of possibilities.

Krabi, Phuket.. BUT, I really beg to differ. Phuket is so popularized by tourist from around the world and there's no way a race is there without being spotted. The last time they went to the less recognised locations, so I understand. But other than those locations, there's no where else interesting on that island for a revisit except for Patong Beach and the downtown area, which there's many people.. so can't be nobody spotted them!!

And for James Bond Island or Phi Phi Island, it's really JUST small islands and nothing much there for you to do. (I've been there) There's no way an entire leg can be held on the small islands. It's literally, SMALL as the small suggest. LOL.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #417 on: June 26, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »
In the first season, leg 10  did involve those "small islands" as the teams never came near Phukit or the international airport until it was time for the final four teams to fly to Beijing. Since there's no evidence that teams flew into Phukit to connect to a different place by another flight, that wasn't easier to do  by flying to that other place from Jakarta, the possibility of a leg in the area but away from Phukit proper, such as Krabi can't be foreclosed. Teams could have travel 50 or even 100 miles along the coast, especially towards and then south of Krabi with little problem. (I doubt they would have gone that far north along the coast north of the airport simply because of the border with Myrammar/Burma.) Again, just a reminder, the one leg of TAR Classic was away from tourist attractions as such and involved climbing and scuba, and kayak, and at one point, a provided piloted boat (to "Chicken Island" which is labeled on Google Earth, btw.) The whole leg until the pit stop at Pai Plong Beach was activity-driven and not touristy places as in TAR 14.
I'm open to the possibility of TPTB "reusing" that Pai Plong leg activities-type leg if not those actual activities at those actual locations. I'm also open to hearing if there are any temples in the area that might fit in the with other temples teams have already visited this season. Just another possibility.
I'm not saying that the Race definitely went to Krabi. But it certainly makes sense to stay away from the areas the Race visited in TAR 14, so looking further away makes sense to me as a possibility.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:47:23 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #418 on: June 26, 2011, 07:01:20 PM »
Sounds reasonable to me!

....needs to rewatch that episode...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #419 on: June 26, 2011, 07:06:24 PM »
I can't imagine they would do five straight Asia legs...
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

paldog123456

« Reply #420 on: June 26, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »
I can't imagine they would do five straight Asia legs...

They did 6 in TAR 10, though I thought that was a little bit too much.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #421 on: June 26, 2011, 07:12:05 PM »
Forgot about that...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #422 on: June 26, 2011, 07:17:17 PM »
Yes, I did mean that those are in a similar region. :tup: Some viewers will probably already be confused with there being both Taiwan and Thailand. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:21:32 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #423 on: June 26, 2011, 07:33:23 PM »
I still think that is a lot of transfer flights. Why even fly from BKK to Phuket when BKK is a better airport. Besides if they flew somewhere after Phuket it would be their fifth airport of the day. I can't recall that they usually use that many connections.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #424 on: June 26, 2011, 07:47:40 PM »
I don't think Soekarno-Hatta flies to Phuket. At least not very often.

However if they were connecting somewhere else they would have done so from BKK. It is the third busiest airport in all Asia. Like TS was saying they probably accessed some islands or other remote areas from Phuket.

UPDATE: It appears that HKT in Phuket mainly flies to Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing, and Kuala Lumpur. All locations that could be reached from Jakarta and certainly Bangkok as well.