Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 506896 times)

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »
I can't find any of these tweets...  :duno: Keywords? Username?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2011, 06:31:04 PM »

emilyreagh
Anyone know when the amazing race starts filming? I think I just saw contestants
hace 5 horas

anybody saw this tweet?

Yes, this Tweeter is from Canada.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline tdeathgem

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2011, 06:32:42 PM »
Phil just Retweeted..

RT... Anne Samplonius #NOWNovartis GC #NVGP 5th. Go @philkeoghan team racing for #ms

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »
oh sorry, i thought i was on the live tweets thread and didnt see it, I just saw there... :groan:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 06:35:34 PM »
Phil just Retweeted..

RT... Anne Samplonius #NOWNovartis GC #NVGP 5th. Go @philkeoghan team racing for #ms

That was four hours ago.

Offline tdeathgem

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2011, 06:45:20 PM »
Phil just Retweeted..

That was four hours ago.

The main tweet was 4 hours ago...
@PhilKeoghan retweeted 20 minutes ago

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2011, 07:00:16 PM »
During the last filming he left a buffer of about a month on either end.  :duno: That kind of break is obviously not going to happen this time.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:14:42 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 07:36:37 PM »
I am assuming it maybe false, because Peach is offline. Don't kill me Peach for the comment.  :lol:

I asked them if they saw any teams over twenty minutes ago, but they are ignoring me and Tweeting about other things.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »
Phil can tweet whenever he wants, it is only racers who cannot.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2011, 10:14:49 PM »
It's a very impressive temple and their website shows the schedule as being completely free of events today.

I'd expect that if the bus was there, that must be the starting location.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »
Regarding that twitpic of the bus:

I'm assuming the bus is registered in California (it's hard for me to make out the jurisdiction on the top of the license plate; but the license plate has the  letters and numbers of "CP00069."  I don't know if California has a publicly accessible system to check license plate nummbers or not, butthat could lead to something, or even if it is a current tag.

In past seasons, when they have used a bus for the start (like season 1) they used two or more buses, not just one.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2011, 11:28:32 PM »
Season 1 and 16 had one bus...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2011, 11:37:14 PM »
I am just curious, do we know that this picture is actually of TAR? Nothing in the picture tells you that the people are on TAR. They probably are because of the camera person filming, but I am just wondering if we have any official confirmation of this.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2011, 11:43:10 PM »
What else could it be? 2 people, LAX (LA startline spoiler with the TAR bus) filmed by cameraman almost identical to the usual TAR cameramen and soundmen...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2011, 03:08:44 AM »
So if Steven saw the Amazing Race filmed at the temple it makes perfect sense as a tie in to Taiwan as the first location.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2011, 03:13:52 AM »
Really good point! ^^
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2011, 03:22:36 AM »
Argh.. I'm going to be in south-east Asia in 2 weeks time and was kinda hoping I'd get a chance to do some detective work! Looks like I might arrive too late..

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2011, 03:44:35 AM »
I'll speculate. :lol: NOTE: THIS IS JUST AN EDUCATED HUNCH BASED ON SPOILERS NOW GIVEN, :angel: DO NOT CONSIDER THIS AS A REAL SPOILER.

FIRST TASK: Drive to Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple (of course, teams will be shocked that they thought the race is in US)
- It will be much more fun if they are only given a picture for reference. :lol: But that would be too sadistic. :lol:

SECOND TASK: The Hsi Lai Temple is affiliated with one of _______ (country) largest religious orgs. That country will be your first destination.
- I wish there is a get a departure time task in the Hsi Lai Temple. :lol:

THIRD TASK: Drive yourselves to LAX and fly to Taiwan!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:48:38 AM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2011, 03:45:48 AM »
Nice job everyone! Just as a side note, Wikipedia says: 'The temple is affiliated with one of Taiwan's largest religious organizations, the Fo Guang Shan Buddhist order.'

This would tie in nicely with the Taipei flights, and it is thus unlikely that there will be a connecting flight out of Taiwan..

EDIT: Old news...!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2011, 04:43:29 AM »
Peach just confirmed the starting line was a few hours away from LA, then teams had to drive to the Temple and then to LAX.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2011, 05:33:57 AM »
I'll speculate. :lol: NOTE: THIS IS JUST AN EDUCATED HUNCH BASED ON SPOILERS NOW GIVEN, :angel: DO NOT CONSIDER THIS AS A REAL SPOILER.

FIRST TASK: Drive to Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple (of course, teams will be shocked that they thought the race is in US)
- It will be much more fun if they are only given a picture for reference. :lol: But that would be too sadistic. :lol:

SECOND TASK: The Hsi Lai Temple is affiliated with one of _______ (country) largest religious orgs. That country will be your first destination.

Your list looks right from the information we have. One thing that bothers me is why they had a big flashy attention attracting bus that says
                                                          AMAZING RACE
in front of the Hsi Lai Temple when the teams drove themselves from the starting location to the temple. They apparently didn't use the bus to move the teams except maybe to the start location. So why attract attention by having it at the site of the first task? It doesn't make sense to me.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:39:03 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2011, 05:38:39 AM »
Hmmmm.... IDK too. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2011, 05:59:34 AM »

Your list looks right from the information we have. One thing that bothers me is why they had a big flashy attention attracting bus that says
                                                          AMAZING RACE
in front of the Hsi Lai Temple when the teams drove themselves from the starting location to the temple. They apparently didn't use the bus to move the teams except maybe to the start location. So why attract attention by having it at the site of the first task? It doesn't make sense to me.

Easy way to move a lot of production people? :duno:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2011, 06:09:32 AM »

AMAZING RACE

Easy way to move a lot of production people? :duno:

Could be, but would they take the chance of having a couple of teams arrive ahead of the production people? I'd think they would have one crew at Pt. Mugu while another crew would be at the Temple getting ready. Perhaps keeping costs down made one crew necessary.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2011, 06:44:40 AM »
I have researched airlines by Terminal at LAX and both China Airlines and EVA leave from the Tom Bradley International Terminal. That doubtless assisted Chateau D'If in not forcing him to switch terminals to see each of the teams.