Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 506884 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2011, 03:10:49 AM »
Is it a close connection that teams are needing to make at Gambir Station, or will they all be fine (Sunderlands included?!) and you can confirm 11 teams at the Airport - older team included?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline cutepoison

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2011, 03:15:59 AM »
4 teams are already in gambir.

1 minute ago by ivanwangsa

train schedule Jakarta to Yogyakarta

the train will depart from Jakarta Kota Central Station, but the train will stop by at the Gambir Station
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:22:27 AM by cutepoison »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2011, 03:17:37 AM »
There is a train leaving at 5pm (1h45 from now) from Gambir. If they miss it, there is another one at 8pm that arrives correspondingly three hours later, but it's 3.38am versus 12.42am, so it wouldn't make a huge difference in the end if Hours of Operation come into play.

Offline wangsacl

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2011, 03:18:46 AM »
I don't remember the teams at all (sorry). 4 teams are already @ gambir, according to calphin. He cannot take too much pics :( as for the 10/11 teams, I don't really count, but I counted the police cars + motorcycles, and there are 11 vehicles, and each one is presumably for each teams. I maybe need to take a look at the teams' pictures.

Offline cutepoison

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2011, 05:50:38 AM »
one of my friends in Yogyakarta

{{ this is excellent work and much appreciated but for the racers' security I am removing it until they are safely there--peach}}

and after that maybe they just got the clue then go to somewhere else (route info) probably Taman Sari

tribute to kaskus  :hearts:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:32:41 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »
Great work! Hopefully kaskus can spot them too.

Did you mean 1.30 in the morning or like 13.30? If the latter then it may be the pitstop
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2011, 07:14:16 AM »
Great work! Hopefully kaskus can spot them too.

Did you mean 1.30 in the morning or like 13.30? If the latter then it may be the pitstop

It's 01.30 AM in the morning...
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2011, 08:05:43 AM »
That location looks very TAR-friendly and will look fantastic in HD! If indeed this is a route marker, the opening hours are 8am-4pm, so we may well see the equaliser here..

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2011, 08:11:10 AM »
some thoughts of double emilination(pure speculation): this leg maybe TBC leg...10 teams checked in middle point and received next clue (keep racing...) and last team arrived middle point got emilinated.then another team emilinated at real PS.maybe work like this...

Offline cutepoison

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »
{{ info removed for security--peach}}

bonus : some pics from Yogyakarta

Tugu Station

The Train at Yogyakarta City

Departure/Arrival

Outside the station
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:35:36 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2011, 10:07:24 AM »
I think TAR will probably start off from Asia in future very often. The Asian legs are often the most spoiled legs ever with all the AWESOME fans. :lol:

And they will probably not visit Indonesia in a LONG LONG WHILE. :lol: With the most twitter users in the world, I think they would love to stay undercover long enough.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2011, 10:44:37 AM »
I think TAR will probably start off from Asia in future very often. The Asian legs are often the most spoiled legs ever with all the AWESOME fans. :lol:

And they will probably not visit Indonesia in a LONG LONG WHILE. :lol: With the most twitter users in the world, I think they would love to stay undercover long enough.

I think it makes a lot of sense to start in Asia/ MELBOURNE! (hint hint- Oh, who am I kidding, I royally screwed that when I flew to Sydney that time.) because having the final 10 or 9 spoiled is obviously preferable to having the final 4 or 5 spoiled.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2011, 10:56:07 AM »

I think it makes a lot of sense to start in Asia/ MELBOURNE! (hint hint- Oh, who am I kidding, I royally screwed that when I flew to Sydney that time.) because having the final 10 or 9 spoiled is obviously preferable to having the final 4 or 5 spoiled.

Precisely. I think they have decided to fly to less known countries for the Final 6 onwards already. Middle East/Africa or South America.

:(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »
Okay guys!! As I have asked before, PLEASE DO NOT discuss your plans for LIVE sighting the teams online.

You are putting the teams (and yourselves) at a security risk by doing so!! It is NOT wise to announce to the world where and when teams will be.

I will be deleting these references. :ascared

You are welcome to PM or email me with any questions !!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:37:22 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2011, 04:04:29 PM »
From that last message board posting it sounds like the teams might have been taken somewhere to await an HOO.   It's now about 0500 there (I think) so it may be a couple hours before they are seen again?? (Speculating.)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2011, 04:30:56 PM »
Based on the posted information that the Taiwan leg was an NEL, it appears TPTB have finally taken to heart a suggestion many of us long-timers have long felt, namely, to give us more time with all 11 teams before an elimination. With TAR 18 and now 19 having a first leg NEL, I hope the editors give us a reasonable amount of time with all 11 teams during the first two legs.

I also get the feeling TPTB may also be getting away from the casting of confrontation teams and giving us what we've had in some of the better seasons, a genuinely likeable cast of teams and letting the drama come from the competition and not from manufactured drama.

And it is nice that having HD is allowing the locations the Race visits to shine.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:46:33 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2011, 04:36:06 PM »
From that last message board posting it sounds like the teams might have been taken somewhere to await an HOO.   It's now about 0500 there (I think) so it may be a couple hours before they are seen again?? (Speculating.)

It is 4.30 in the morning in Jogja and the hotel doesn't open until 8.00. By then I'm sure the racers will have many Indonesian friends also waiting to get in and "help" :lol3:

Offline nasy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »

It is 4.30 in the morning in Jogja and the hotel doesn't open until 8.00. By then I'm sure the racers will have many Indonesian friends also waiting to get in and "help" :lol3:
depend on the next marker. most of the popular destination in yogyakarta open at 8.00 or early, so does the shop, market,etc. probably before 8.00 they will leave the hotel or they'll be very late  :lol:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »
guys wait what awain spoler this double elimatoin will can be 12 somewhere

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #219 on: June 21, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »
This is just my speculative gut feeling, but I think a double U-Turn is more likely than a double elimination.
I can't speak for the regional versions, but a double elimination doesn't really make much sense for TAR, unlike Survivor or Big Brother, where they've had to resort to all sorts of devices to keep enough people in towards the end to avert the boredom for the viewer with too few contestants around.
Since the speed bump is back (as opposed to last season's automatic U-Turn), a double U-Turn and a likely bunching in the second leg seems to be plenty in the game device department.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2011, 05:41:40 PM »
Funny to do a U Turn so soon though. At this point many racers  may not even have met each other really... makes the UTurn a difficult choice.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »
Funny to do a U Turn so soon though. At this point many racers  may not even have met each other really... makes the UTurn a difficult choice.

I agree, and I would be somewhat surprised to see more Double Uturns this year. But then I am surprised that they are still using Speed Bumps. :res:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »
I'm not too surprised of a double elimination, in fact I was expecting one like this sooner. I don't understand why anyone would be upset by a non-elimination followed by a double elimination. Wouldn't it pretty much be the same thing as an elimination on the first and second leg?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Season 10, leg 1 was a mid-leg elimination, not a double-elimination at the same point.

One reason why I'm skeptical of a double elimination is that historically, the show doesn't do as well in the ratings with too many NELs (or their equivalent.) This season is likely to start on September 18th (the previous Sunday being the 10th anniversary of 9/11), and 12 straight episodes would take it to December 4th. A double elimination would make it harder to cover that schedule without four (or five) NELs or equivalents....and even if the premiere was the following Sunday (the 25th) a 12-episode order would only take it to December 11th. Given how CBS wants to air Survivor season finales on Sundays (given them December 11th, more likely, as December 18th would normally be a Hallmark holiday presentation) I just don't see the show wanting any more NELs than they need to.

Edited to clarify which dates are September and which are December, as the same days of the month fall on Sundays!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:07:36 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2011, 07:03:02 PM »
Based on the posted information that the Taiwan leg was an NEL, it appears TPTB have finally taken to heart a suggestion many of us long-timers have long felt, namely, to give us more time with all 11 teams before an elimination. With TAR 18 and now 19 having a first leg NEL, I hope the editors give us a reasonable amount of time with all 11 teams during the first two legs.

I also get the feeling TPTB may also be getting away from the casting of confrontation teams and giving us what we've had in some of the better seasons, a genuinely likeable cast of teams and letting the drama come from the competition and not from manufactured drama.

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more with everything in this post. I think NEL on a first leg is terrible and highly anti-climatic. Also, some of the better seasons had loads of bittering couples(Teri/Ian, Colin/Christie, etc.).

I really hope this double elimination stuff is not true and it's really just a double u-turn(another twist I don't care for, but at least it's better than the alternate).