Author Topic: TAR 19 Contestant Speculation and Spoilers  (Read 237667 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 Contestant Speculation and Spoilers
« Reply #275 on: July 12, 2011, 06:58:57 PM »
hello detectives!
just thought of this idea but o.O just a thought...info removed... i wanted to share :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:01:21 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:37 PM »
I had forgotten about Kanoe. Was she confirmed?

How do we confirm an identification without their help?  :duno:

If it is Kanoe Gibson, I think the partner looks quite a bit like Kanoe's predecessor, Miss Hawaii 2003, Alicia Jones (married name - formerly Alicia Michioka). Alicia Jones is a friend on Kanoe's Facebook page, but I can't find any other connections between them. Alicia is currently Mrs. Hawaii 2010 for about another 10 days or so. Kanoe has over 1500 Facebook friends and I've only looked at the first page, so there are plenty of other possibilities out there.

Another possibility, though I think it unlikely, is Kanoe's sister Malia who has a music career and has released at least one CD. She has a few videos on Youtube. However, most pictures of Malia don't look like the partner. A few do, so it's slightly possible due to the fuzzy quality of the pictures we have of them.

I'm at work, so I can't upload pictures of Alicia Jones or Malia Gibson. I'll leave that as an exercise for the more adept people out there.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:06:58 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #277 on: July 12, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »
I remember seeing a while back that the singing sister had performed at a wedding during the weekend that the race got underway, so I ruled her out.

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: July 12, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »
I was told it is indeed not her sister Malia. She does have another sister who I couldn't find any pictures of. But as of 2009, they both worked together for the same airline.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »
I remember seeing a while back that the singing sister had performed at a wedding during the weekend that the race got underway, so I ruled her out.

Thanks for the info. I didn't check out either one to see what they have been doing lately.

It does appear that Mrs. Hawaii 2011 was crowned a few months ago, so Alicia Jones is not the current Mrs. Hawaii. The Mrs. Hawaii's Facebook page confused the heck out of me just now, so I'm not sure what to make of that site.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #280 on: July 12, 2011, 11:39:21 PM »

Thanks for the info. I didn't check out either one to see what they have been doing lately.

It does appear that Mrs. Hawaii 2011 was crowned a few months ago, so Alicia Jones is not the current Mrs. Hawaii. The Mrs. Hawaii's Facebook page confused the heck out of me just now, so I'm not sure what to make of that site.

i just went to the site as well...way too confusing!

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #281 on: July 13, 2011, 02:51:08 PM »
Back in May, I came across a film notice for "untitled B-roll"  - filming on June 2, 2011.  It was to take place on  Las Vegas Blvd. on the sidewalk from Flamingo to Tropicana, and there were to be  3 crew filming 2 people walking on sidewalk.  The production company was WRP group.   Hopefully this will help with the search for contestants!

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: July 13, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
Back in May, I came across a film notice for "untitled B-roll"  - filming on June 2, 2011.  It was to take place on  Las Vegas Blvd. on the sidewalk from Flamingo to Tropicana, and there were to be  3 crew filming 2 people walking on sidewalk.  The production company was WRP group.   Hopefully this will help with the search for contestants!

That sounds like they were filming the opening title scene for a team, probably from Vegas.

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #283 on: July 13, 2011, 03:11:32 PM »

That sounds like they were filming the opening title scene for a team, probably from Vegas.

That is correct. It's the team of "Hawaiian" girls so it's not Kanoe.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #284 on: July 13, 2011, 03:12:54 PM »
June 2 is early for sequester. What kind of team would WRP have at their disposal for that long before the start date?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2011, 03:18:50 PM »

That is correct. It's the team of "Hawaiian" girls so it's not Kanoe.

All right, back it up then. You apparently know something we don't as it doesn't say what team they were filming.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #286 on: July 13, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
Am I the only one that finds it odd that that portion of sidewalk is in front of this?

That area does include other popular sites like the Monte Carlo and the Bellagio but it still seems odd.  :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #287 on: July 13, 2011, 03:32:36 PM »
 :lol3:

Tell me about it!   :groan:

Let me tell you that that intro shot does not happen in front of the Bellagio.   :res:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #288 on: July 13, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »
The Hawaiian Marketplace?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: July 13, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
The Hawaiian Marketplace?

That's an interesting observation. I've tried to find out more about the Hawaiian Marketplace and didn't find much out there. Most of the reviews were pretty bad and it sounds like a struggling operation (restaurants opening and closing, stalls selling trinkets made in China, etc.). I suppose they could have been filming someone there, but I'd expect they would go somewhere more scenic than that, like a park, even if they were filming someone connected to the place. If they were filming someone inside the Marketplace, I don't think they would need a permit.

I've seen references lately to the WRP Group doing a show with Ron Howard. Perhaps the filming permit was involved with that production.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #290 on: July 13, 2011, 05:24:20 PM »
June 2 is early for sequester. What kind of team would WRP have at their disposal for that long before the start date?

I think they film the team intros in the team's hometown before sequester.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: July 13, 2011, 08:12:09 PM »

Dumb question (this might be somewhat speculation), but why do some teams have footage of them in the race instead of in their hometown?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: July 13, 2011, 08:28:04 PM »

Dumb question (this might be somewhat speculation), but why do some teams have footage of them in the race instead of in their hometown?

They all have one. This is the shot that pops up in the opening credits where the team is pictured together in some way. Footage of them racing flashes right before that, and is updated as the race progresses.

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #293 on: July 13, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »

This is a couple. Guy on the left is 44. Guy on the right is 49.

This is a brother/sister team. She's 27 and he's 31.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #294 on: July 13, 2011, 09:50:10 PM »

There is also a POSSIBILITY they are flight attendants.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #295 on: July 13, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »

There is also a POSSIBILITY they are flight attendants.
i have stronger read one they are married

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #296 on: July 13, 2011, 11:27:38 PM »
  :hoot: The Mac is Back !!!  :hoot:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #297 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:58 AM »
I guess I should just post some full names...

Meet the mystery blue team - RON ZEITZ and BILL SMITH.

They are a couple. Ron is on the right. He's 44 (or maybe 45 now since he just had a birthday?). Bill is on the left. He's 49. They're from Laguna Niguel, CA....the same place as Joe and Bill from Team Guido. It is BELIEVED but not confirmed yet, that they work for American Airlines.

Meet siblings JUSTIN and JENNIFER YOUNG.

Justin is 31 and went to school at Emory University with Survivor Gabon contestant Marcus Lehman. He was also a resident physician. Jennifer is 27. They are from Stone Mountain, GA.

One of the "Hawaiian girls" is 31 year-old LISA TILLEY - a cocktail waitress in Las Vegas.

More to come.

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2011, 10:22:58 AM »
You know what, I will say this. I'd rather have more normal people then another pageant girl. I found Andy, so I'm content with it not being Kanoe.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #299 on: July 14, 2011, 10:23:47 AM »
You rock Macaroons!!!  :wohoo: