Archive > The Amazing Race 19 Spoilers and Speculation

TAR 19 Contestant Speculation and Spoilers

<< < (84/85) > >>

Dom:
The official 'Meet the Cast' video on CBS:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/?pid=hVcNKuWbDEAbRfB_ft5kL2cLqpqWV67V

Unfortunately im not in the usa so if anyone could post any new info, itd be much appreciated by us foreigners!

EDIT: It appears that all the individual team videos are up as well..

georgiapeach:
You should be over here in the Racer thread, domel.

And we will get the vids up for everyone as soon as we can, may be MUCH later today.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,127.0.html

connayyy:
I'm wondering if maybe Cindy (of Cindy & Ernie) is Taiwanese. Her last name, Chiang, seems to be spelled in a more Taiwanese way; in Pinyin (the system used in China), it would be spelled "Jiang." If so, she'd definitely have a big advantage in Taiwan.

apskip:
I am amazed that World Race Productions cast two alpha males on one team. Andy and Tommy appear to have a fitness and I will guess speed edge over the other teams. Why would WRP have done this? Except for AR16 (Dan and Jordan, Jet and Cord), WRP has been careful since Amazing Race 9 and 10 to make sure that there were no strong alpha male teams. They have abandoned that formula for AR19. I wonder why?

As an aside, I feel it is a no-brainer at this point in knowledge about AR19 to project Andy/Tommy as both a finalist and potential winner.

theschnauzers:
apskip, I think casting avoided "alpha" males unless they had some sort of flaw that would be tested by the Race; but I agree that as a generality, they have avoided alpha-male teams to increase the odds of an "alpha-female" team to win -- and resulted in two such teams winning in a row.

I didn't like that sort of casting to game the results, but I am hoping the casting reflects a return to a more normal state of affairs, where they generally cast the most capable teams, with little regard for such factors as "alpha male" or "alpha-female."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version