Author Topic: TAR 19 Media  (Read 55420 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 Media
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »
TONIGHT get a first look at the brand new season of The Amazing Race and the rest of the Sunday night line-up with the LIVE premieres web-show starting at 7:30pm ET / 4:30pm PT on CBS.com!

Fall Premieres 2011 Video - Sundays on CBS this Fall!
www.cbs.com
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2011, 12:04:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3AXw9nabZKg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3AXw9nabZKg</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 05:34:37 AM »
Title Quote for Episode 2:

"The Sprint Of Our Life"

http://www.cbs.com/info/schedule/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 05:50:25 AM »
Thanks! That wasn't there an hour ago. :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 10:10:53 AM »
I suspect if we check CBS.com first thing Tuesday mornings this season, that will be when we find the episode titles. Just a feeling.....
-- theschnauzers

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »
This gives a bit more information about where the Ford Mustangs fit in.
http://bit.ly/rgdAUp

CBS AND FORD TO RUN "THE AMAZING RACE"

Ford is the Official Auto Sponsor of the Emmy Award-Winning Reality Series

Ford Fiesta, Mustang, Focus and Explorer To Be Featured on “The Amazing Race” This Fall

CHEAT TWEET: CBS partners w/ #Ford 4 CBS’ THE AMAZING RACE’s 19th sprint around the globe starting 9/25 @8PM, ET/PT. #AmazingRace http://bit.ly/rgdAUp

CBS and Ford have teamed up again to run THE AMAZING RACE this fall as 11 new teams set off on a global adventure starting Sunday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Ford’s sponsorship includes on-air components featuring four of its top models – Explorer, Fiesta, Focus and Mustang.  During the season premiere, teams start their race in the foothills of Southern California.  After receiving their first destination from host Phil Keoghan, all 11 teams jump into a new Ford Explorer and drive to Los Angeles International Airport before departing on their first leg to Taipei, Taiwan.

Ford’s Fiesta, Focus and Mustang will also make their way across the globe in additional episodes throughout the season. One lucky team will also win two new Ford Mustangs for finishing in first place in an upcoming leg. The winners will be given the opportunity to customize their Mustangs using Ford’s new Mustang Customizer website. Learn more at www.ford.com/cars/mustang.

“As the exclusive automotive partner, we are proud to be providing vehicles that play a vital role in helping the contestants navigate and accomplish their challenging tasks,” said Crystal Worthem, Ford Brand Content and Alliance Manager.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2011, 09:12:33 PM »
WAY cool!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »
Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan: We Have the Most Competitive Cast Yet
Friday, September 23, 2011 10:45:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, TV Guide

It's been 10 years since Phil Keoghan first set off on The Amazing Race — but don't show him pictures from back then. "I was talking to [executive producer] Jonathan Littman and he said, 'Man, Phil, I found some photographs of us from 10 years ago where we were at the finishing line in New York City — we were children!' I was like, 'Do I want to see those?'" Keoghan tells TVGuide.com. "But I really can't believe it's been that long. It's quite extraordinary to think about."

Ten years later, Race is still on top of the world — reclaiming the reality-competition program Emmy after seeing its seven-year streak snapped by Top Chef last year — and is still upping the game every season. The 19th installment, premiering Sunday (8/7c, CBS), features a new element, the Hazard, which is a penalty given to the last team that completes the starting-line task, its first-ever double elimination, four new countries and some pretty well-known names: Survivor champs and couple Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca; Zac Sunderland, the youngest person to sail around the world; Olympic snowboarders Andy Finch and Tommy Czeschin; and former NFL player Marcus Pollard.

See what Keoghan — whose film The Ride, which supports multiple sclerosis charities, will air on Showtime later this year — says about the new twists, whether or not the show is stunt-casting and what helped them prevail again at the Emmys.   

Congrats on the Emmy! Did you think you could win it again?
Keoghan: Thank you! I did not. It's pretty extraordinary. I thought that to change the Academy's mind back again would be a very difficult thing to do, and we certainly focused on doing that and making sure we got their attention again, but I really did not think we would win. The episode that was sent through in Varanasi was a very special and unique episode that we felt could earn their respect, and I guess it worked.

Last season was also your first in HD. Do you think that contributed at all?
Keoghan: I do. I think that HD has absolutely enhanced the product and I do think that played a role, just because all of a sudden what we're doing is being shared on a whole new level. ... A huge part of the show has always been showing off where we, are and now with the format and the HD, it's added a dimension to the Race that we just didn't have for years, and I think you'll see that even more this season.

This season you have four teams of well-known people, at the very least in their own fields. Some fans think there's been too much stunt-casting in the past few years. Do you feel that way or should it not matter what one's notoriety is if they want to be on the Race?
Keoghan: I don't think it's any different than when we had Rob and Amber [Mariano] or a team from Big Brother or the Globetrotters or champion bull riders with the cowboys. It's just about finding interesting people, and I think as the show's gone on, more interesting people have reached out to us. At the end of the day, it really has less to do with that someone is a celebrity than it has with the fact that if we find somebody we think is interesting. If [someone's] more interesting than a celebrity, then we're going to pick the more interesting character. ... I think it's great we have such a competitive group this time. It's a way of trying something different — these four teams are people who are proven in their fields. You will see right from the start that the so-called ordinary people there are extraordinary in their own right. They take it as a challenge, like if they know somebody has accomplished something and received notoriety for that, then they're definitely out to crush them.

Meet the Amazing Race 19 cast

Is it more pressure on the Average Joes or the four teams?
Keoghan: Oh, the four, absolutely! But at the same time, people at the starting line are not necessarily going to know who Marcus is. So the question is, is he going to disclose to people that he played in the NFL or is he going to try to slip under the radar and hope the attention goes to Ethan, who some people will definitely say, "Oh, that's the guy from Survivor," or [to] Jenna from Survivor. To the audience, they know who all these teams are because they get introduced to them, but to the rest of the teams, maybe they don't recognize Andy or Tommy.

Their hippie look is totally going to throw off some people too since they did not look like that at the Olympics or during their careers. Do you think more well-known Racers should play it that way or even lie about their job like the poker girls did in Season 15?
Keoghan: Yeah, I think it's less about lying and more about being quiet. The teams are not going to put their hands up and say, "I have an announcement everybody: We're Olympians. We're very competitive. We're incredibly agile and have great eye-hand coordination and we just wanted to give you a heads-up because we think it's good for you to know we have these great skills coming into the Race. Thank you." [Laughs] They're going to pretend like they're a couple of cruise-y guys living out in the commune somewhere.

Why did you guys add the Hazard?
Keoghan: It was a way to test people's mental strength out of the gate. How will they deal with this penalty and a surprise challenge out of the starting line? It was like a warm-up. It's something that is announced at the very beginning, but it has a rolling effect going forward through the rest of the Race. On the other side of things, the Express Pass is back. That has been something people have wanted to fight for. It's been a great addition. You want people racing from the start.

It's only been in effect the past two seasons, but I think it's funny that the two teams that have won the Express Pass both came in third and were undone by a bad cabbie.
Keoghan: [Laughs] Yeah, if there's one consistent thing on The Amazing Race, it's the unpredictability of the cab drivers. The times I worry the most about the teams are when they're in somebody else's vehicle and when they're driving. I don't worry about anything else on the show because we test every challenge over and over again because we're paranoid about making sure it's a safe, fair race. Other shows can control challenges in a studio or on a set, but we're operating in the real world. We have a few circumstances this season. The weather played a major effect on where we went later on. We had to change course midway through, so that was a challenge.

You also had your first-ever double elimination.
Keoghan: That's not something that the [teams] know straightaway either. We only tell them about the new challenge and the Hazard. And, yes, as luck will have it, out of the gate, some real-world influences play into that first episode of our Race in Taiwan. One of those golden moments that happened added another layer to everything that was set up. Fate plays a huge role. It has a domino effect on the teams and [was] something that was completely out of our control and made us scramble.

You visit four new countries, Belgium, Denmark, Malawi and Indonesia. That's a pretty big number for one season.
Keoghan: Yeah, this is a lot for us. Indonesia is a big one. It's such an exotic, stunning place — more volcanoes there than any other place in the world. It has an incredible, rich history. Any time we can show off somewhere new is very important for us. ... And we pride ourselves on having indigenous challenges. Because there are certain jobs and ways of life in Indonesia, we want to integrate them into our challenges. There's a reason people are fishing the way they're fishing.

There are missing passports yet again in the first episode. What other drama can we expect? Anything like chocolate gnome-gate?
Keoghan: [Laughs] Oh, nothing like that. But things do get very heated and people make assumptions. I think we have a great cast this year. ... You're going to see how impossible it is to judge who is better — like the flight attendants. They're not necessarily the fittest people, but certainly they've got knowledge of getting through airports and how travel works. I think we have the most competitive cast yet.

http://awards.tv.yahoo.com/news/16088-amazing-races-phil-keoghan-we-have-the-most-competitive-cast-yet
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2011, 10:45:04 PM »
This is the only 'weather' I can find for the area:  Tropical Storm Haima

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2011, 12:16:32 PM »
As for the weather comment, I think it could be one of these events:

Tropical Storm Meari (also referred to as Falcon) left dozens of people dead as it impacted several countries in East Asia. The storm formed east of the Philippines on June 20th and the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) named the storm 'Falcon' that evening. The storm was upgraded to tropical storm strength on the 22nd and the Japan Meteorological Agency named the cyclone 'Meari'. The storm reached maximum intensity of 70 mph (110 km/hr). At least eight fatalities were reported in the Philippines , where an estimated 1.7 million people across 12 provinces were affected. Media reports stated that at least nine people were killed in South Korea and 17 people were killed in northern Vietnam due to lightning strikes and flooding from the storm. Meari made landfall in southwestern North Korea near the city of Pyongyang on the 27th; however, no information about possible deaths or damages was publicly available. The storm disippated that same day as it moved over land.

This could easily force a change of route if any of the above countries were planned..

In nearby Nepal and northeastern India, almost 80 people perished and 200,000 had to be evacuated due to heavy rains and subsequent landslides since the monsoon season began in June.

Also possible, but would WRP have planned five new countries in this race?

My money's on Meari. I don't think the Philippines was on the original route, as the US has a travel warning out at the moment for that country.

But the real question is, will we ever find out?!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2011, 12:49:54 PM »
Let's take all discussion on Media to spec on spoilers please? Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2011, 01:35:18 AM »
The NYT Twitter story that Phil mentioned.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2011, 05:39:06 AM »
Episode 3's title quote: "Don't Lay Down On Me Now" (still in Indonesia)  :js:

Source: http://www.cbs.com/info/schedule/
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2011, 12:22:04 PM »
The NYT Twitter story that Phil mentioned.

Mr. Keoghan said Mr. Storms’s messages were spotted right away by an anonymous “uber fan” of the show in Georgia who was apparently monitoring all Twitter mentions of “The Amazing Race.” Such fans act as “Amazing Race” detectives, tracking movements of contestants and discerning who might be winning along the way. The fan quickly replied to Mr. Storms, saying, “She’ll need her passport! Can you get it to LAX?”

:hrt: :kuss: :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2011, 05:18:54 PM »
 :peek
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2011, 05:28:51 PM »
:peek

The origin of this smilely has to be from Doctor Who:lol:
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2011, 05:36:43 PM »
Great work Peach!

Phil loves you:  'uber fan from Georgia'  !

:partie: :partie: :party: :trampb: :trampb: :wtg: :yourock: :party: :party: :partie:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2011, 11:40:55 PM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »
Andy Denhart is perhaps the dean of writers covering the Amazing Race. He goes back to its beginning. Races now are compressed to about 21 days when they used to take around 23 days in the "good old days". This has surely been done to minimize production costs, so I am willing to accept it on behalf of a more economically successful Amazing Race.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2011, 01:11:41 PM »
Here is an article from page 91 of last week's issue (Sept. 19-25) of TV Guide. Note particularly the comment ab out Tunisia. Could they be talking about AR1 or is it really AR19?

"What's new this season? The locations! Among the new stops on the Amazing Race  are Indonesia, Belgium, Denmark and Malawi. The last country particularly provides 'some really fun challenges that are extremely local in nature' promises exec producer Bertram van Munster.'We have people from a high-tech society like ours going to a place where everything is borderline no-tech. There are some interesting reactions." Van Munster has added a new wrinkle in the game, The Hazard, but will only reveal 'it will immediately impact the teams.'

These 11 teams, which include alums Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca, a pair of professional snowboarders and two male flight attendants, all have at least one thing in common: Nobody could handle the heat and humidity they encountered in Tunisia(???).

Even after putting Racers through their paces for a decade, Van Munster still marvels at how many manage to make similarly wrong turns. 'People make the same mistakes all the time' he says with a laugh.'They don't read the clue. They get impatient. They run to stuff that is complicated because they think it's easier. Every episode they'll be a moment when I say 'What? Where are they going with this?' That always amazes me."

Does this mean Tunisia was a leg for AR19? If so, it would probably be between southern Africa (leaving Malawi via either Johannesburg or Nairobi and Denmark because it makes little sense to fly from Thailand to Malawi via Tunisia, adding several thousand miles.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2011, 01:19:55 PM »
I'm not sure which thread it was, but we talked about this last week. The general consensus is that it was just a massive mistake, and they meant to write Indonesia. If it was indeed referring to a later leg, then the line about all 11 teams being in Tunisia would clearly be wrong.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2011, 01:24:12 PM »
Look in spec on spoilers. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2011, 01:30:56 PM »
Peach rocked it....why didn't u tells us that anyway? U knew 1 team was in trouble WAY early n u didn't let us know about it...... =z

Anyway....here's another way to be on the race: http://www.competitours.com
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2011, 07:19:03 AM »
Episode 4:

So they're going back to Phuket  :hrt:
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2011, 07:22:26 AM »
Yay Prama! Phuket confirmation :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.