Author Topic: Best Amazing Race Contestant ever  (Read 39736 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: Best Amazing Race Contestant ever
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 01:11:21 AM »
Rachel from TAR20.

The only person that comes near her is Zach.

addie

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 05:30:09 AM »
Really? Rachel?

I can't consider some one the best Amazing Race contestant ever if she cries every episode and I can name plenty of contestants who were stronger (mental and physical) than her. But I guess that's just my opinion cause she won Declive's the Best Racer game :lol:

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 09:09:26 AM »
Really? Rachel?

I can't consider some one the best Amazing Race contestant ever if she cries every episode and I can name plenty of contestants who were stronger (mental and physical) than her. But I guess that's just my opinion cause she won Declive's the Best Racer game :lol:

I think they mean the winning Rachel  :tup:

addie

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 09:30:01 AM »
Oh ok. :lol:

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 02:38:16 PM »
Rachel Reilly!!!!!  :hrt: to all haters!

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 11:28:20 PM »
I think it would be interesting to see Rob & Amber against Colin & Christie.
Maybe Zach with another partner.

Offline George

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2012, 02:35:44 PM »
There's no question to this, it has to be Dave and Rachel. They handled everything thrown at them and the most epic finaly ever. Not to mention breaking numerous records.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2012, 04:50:38 PM »
There's no question to this, it has to be Dave and Rachel. They handled everything thrown at them and the most epic finaly ever. Not to mention breaking numerous records.

:bigwelcome to RFF, George!

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2012, 06:47:54 AM »
Hands down Mirna.

Right mix of competitiveness and she was so funny.

I loved Mirna too! But I think part of the personality and charm comes from Charla.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2012, 11:35:32 PM »
Based on breakdown of all info we can compile (which is a lot more then who finished each tasks first), breakdown of time for navigation, time to complete tasks, how much teams lost waiting for tasks to start (typical of really good teams).

For example in modern TAR its normal to get several episodes a cycle that don't feature bunching, basically giving the first team, a great chance to remain first (yet actually race much worse then other teams), season 16 had a great example of this with The Cops starting first (no bunching) and they finished first.  But the time to complete was actually tied with the slowest team.  And it just one of many, many examples,where the results dont actually highlight how well a team actually did.

Based off of this I would say its between Eric or COlin.

Zac managed to really drag his partner through, and that took a lot, but they never managed a strong game, and at that time, task wise Zach could do all the tasks pretty much, unlike later seasons where their was a division of labor.  Still a great guy though.

And a lot of modern teams have things like legs with no equalizers, multiple artificial facets of the race to change order, and are done over shorter periods of time so that they shouldn't be ever as tired as teams that raced 13 full legs.  THough in fairness its a lot easier to compare racers over certain seasons.

Easier to compare seasons 1 - 5 (fast forward every leg), seasons 6-11 (full 13 leg seasons, and tasks that each person must accomplish), seasons 12- to current (U-Turns, and various other tasks to mix up the order, more episodes that have no equalizers, ect).

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2012, 06:08:57 AM »
TAR5 is really an outlier season. They didn't yet have the RB restrictions of TAR6 to present. I think TAR5 actually caused the RB restrictions to be inacted. But TAR5 didn't have a FF every episode either and I think TAR5 is when the Yield was introduced. So in some respects it was like TAR1-4 and in other aspects it was like TAR6-11.

It is hard to reallly compare Zach, Colin and Eric. They all 3 had to drag non-performing/low performing female partners around the world.  Zac and Colin had the ability to let the female not do any RBs. Eric at least had the RB restrictions to contend with too......yet still won.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:26:08 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2012, 09:42:36 AM »
I don't think it's really fair to compare contestants when they perform as teams. For instance, a lot of the airport stuff was done by Christie and not Colin. It's also worth noting that the teams in recent seasons are pretty much all forced onto the same flights. Would Eric & Danielle have performed as poorly if the flights were all arranged for them? Would Colin & Christie have won their 6 legs without their flight advantage? Would Rachel & Dave have won their 8 legs if they had to plan their own flights?

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2012, 11:43:58 PM »
Very interesting. Good valid points. But no way to know.  If judge by one racer alone,
or have to include both in the team. It seems that Colin and Zac could have got very tired.

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »
In my opinion, there is definitely no question it is Mallory. Why? Because she is awesome.   :hrt:

Second would probably be Jordan...she is just so blonde that you gotta love her. haha

Now a team of those two...that would be the most amazing thing in amazing race history.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2012, 08:17:32 PM »
Mallory? She already failed several times at tasks.

Jordan wasn't a bad racer but she also struggled in some tasks.

In my opinion , they aren't even close to Best Racers Ever.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 08:39:30 PM »
Oh, I misunderstood the thread. I thought it was just like...the best as in fun to watch with personality and not like...bad at the race.

If we had to do the best racer of all time as in the best at the race, I would say Eric. He did great both season he was in, and in his second season he really had to carry the team.