Author Topic: Best Amazing Race Contestant ever  (Read 39727 times)

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
Best Amazing Race Contestant ever
« on: June 10, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »
I think this is an interesting question. I am not going to make a poll because they are so many contestants that a poll wouldn't work but instead, name who you think is the best contestant ever on the show. This is not just about Physical ability, Mental Ability or performance its about who is the best to ever be on the show. I personally think that Colin is the best ever on the show. No one can match how competitive he was.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Best Amazing Race Contestant ever
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 03:07:57 PM »
Gary of Gallory! :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:37:39 PM »
I'm not sure if we can rank the racers individually when they are on teams (with the exception of Zach).

But I'll still go ahead and say Colin is the best. Getting yielded for 30 minutes and having trouble on the detour for 40 minutes longer than every other team and arriving at the pit stop 16 minutes behind first? Getting on a later flight, getting a flat tire, and placing second by about 15 minutes? I could go on and on about how awesome Colin & Christie are.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 08:38:45 PM »
Rob is the best. Good physically, mentally and is cool :)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 06:03:54 AM »
Eric Sanchez (TAR 9/11) - well more of TAR 9! 2nd and 1st place!  :hearts:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 06:47:00 AM »
Brook from Brook and Claire!  :hearts:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 07:44:43 AM »
I'm not sure if we can rank the racers individually when they are on teams (with the exception of Zach).

But I'll still go ahead and say Colin is the best. Getting yielded for 30 minutes and having trouble on the detour for 40 minutes longer than every other team and arriving at the pit stop 16 minutes behind first? Getting on a later flight, getting a flat tire, and placing second by about 15 minutes? I could go on and on about how awesome Colin & Christie are.

I think it's close between Zach and Colin but I agree with Colin as the best. His ascent of the the Lagen Wall near El Nido Island was an incredible feat!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 07:49:52 AM »

I think it's close between Zach and Colin but I agree with Colin as the best. His ascent of the the Lagen Wall near El Nido Island was an incredible feat!

What about Eric? He is one half of the team with the best average placement in Race history, and in All-Stars he dragged Danielle around the world to cash in for first.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 09:10:51 AM »

What about Eric? He is one half of the team with the best average placement in Race history, and in All-Stars he dragged Danielle around the world to cash in for first.

The problem with Eric on season 11 is that he won against a very top heavy field of racers. Most of the top racers were eliminated before the final 3. He basically was only racing against Dustin and Kandice in the finals because we all know Charla and Mirna would never have won. He did win TAR 11 by himself but so did a few players and, he also played in the weaker of the two all star fields if you ask me.

Offline Phat139

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 10:18:16 AM »
I'd prefer Cord from the Cowboys!!  :hearts:
You did very well, Jet & Cord... You still smiled and showed respect to each other as a team, even when you were eliminated...
So... now go Gary & Mallory!! Win for the cowboys!!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 11:10:34 AM »

The problem with Eric on season 11 is that he won against a very top heavy field of racers. Most of the top racers were eliminated before the final 3. He basically was only racing against Dustin and Kandice in the finals because we all know Charla and Mirna would never have won. He did win TAR 11 by himself but so did a few players and, he also played in the weaker of the two all star fields if you ask me.

Huh??
In defense of Eric, who is not one of my favorites but was an outstanding racer, he had to compete with Uchenna/Joyce (AR7 winners as I am sure you know), Oswald/Danny (AR2 4th place), Charla/Mirna (AR5 6th place) and Dustin/Kandice (AR10 4th place). Although not the strongest potential field because WRP/CBS did not elect to try to have a field of all outstanding racers, that was still pretty tough competition.

Eric did not win AR11 all by himself. Danielle had to do 4 ROADBLOCKS and she was the key to gaining time to protect the lead they already had at the Old Mint special task. Although Jeremy would have been a stronger racer, Danielle did well enough for the win.

I would also like to challenge your assumption that Charla/Mirna could not win AR11. Remember that all teams started at the same time off the plane arrival at Oakland International Airport. If they had in essence switched taxis with Eric/Danielle there and gotten  the excellent one for a 10 minute edge at the Grateful Dead House, with a maximum deficit of 10 minutes at the Old Mint they could easily have won.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
Best Amazing Race Contestant Ever?

None, as of the moment. But soon... it will be me. Haha.

/TROLLOLOLOLOLOL
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »
Best Amazing Race Contestant Ever?

None, as of the moment. But soon... it will be me Coutzy.

I fixed it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 11:40:37 AM »
Huh??
In defense of Eric, who is not one of my favorites but was an outstanding racer, he had to compete with Uchenna/Joyce (AR7 winners as I am sure you know), Oswald/Danny (AR2 4th place), Charla/Mirna (AR5 6th place) and Dustin/Kandice (AR10 4th place). Although not the strongest potential field because WRP/CBS did not elect to try to have a field of all outstanding racers, that was still pretty tough competition.

Eric did not win AR11 all by himself. Danielle had to do 4 ROADBLOCKS and she was the key to gaining time to protect the lead they already had at the Old Mint special task. Although Jeremy would have been a stronger racer, Danielle did well enough for the win.

I would also like to challenge your assumption that Charla/Mirna could not win AR11. Remember that all teams started at the same time off the plane arrival at Oakland International Airport. If they had in essence switched taxis with Eric/Danielle there and gotten  the excellent one for a 10 minute edge at the Grateful Dead House, with a maximum deficit of 10 minutes at the Old Mint they could easily have won.

I like Uchenna and Joyce but I do not consider them among the strongest teams to have raced. Perhaps this perception is aided by the fact that they raced against a good cast that year.

I agree that anyone could have won the season eleven finale but the fact that Eric and Danielle did is not really of their own merit. Good luck played a big role in their victory as well as terribly bad luck for the two other teams and possible production issues.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »
Huh??

I like Uchenna and Joyce but I do not consider them among the strongest teams to have raced. Perhaps this perception is aided by the fact that they raced against a good cast that year.

I agree that anyone could have won the season eleven finale but the fact that Eric and Danielle did is not really of their own merit. Good luck played a big role in their victory as well as terribly bad luck for the two other teams and possible production issues.

Source of production issues?

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 12:05:57 PM »
Huh??

Source of production issues?

I remember hearing that Dustin and Kandice's safe was broken. I might be wrong though.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 12:08:16 PM »
^That's what I heard too.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 12:29:15 PM »
Colin not Christie.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »

Huh??

I disagree with you that Charla/Mirna and Oswald/Danny are great racers. I think that Charla/Mirna's popularity overshadow the fact that they were not good in any facet on the game. They somehow made the final 3 of TAR 11 which I still don't understand and they were 6th on TAR 5 which too me does not warrant an appearance on All Stars. You might be huge fans of Charla and Mirna but they were not great physically, mentally and they always argued among themselves and with others. They certainly had luck and they played the game incorrectly in my mind. They always would pay someone to show them the way to a place, too me I think that is a shady tactic that should not be allowed on the show. I also would argue that Oswald and Danny weren't great mentally or physically, although they certainly were superior to Charla/Mirna. They were the typical team that goes far because they stayed calm and didn't really make any enemies except for Eric and Danielle. You can argue that they were a great team because they finished 4th twice but you can also argue that they were more of a good team than a great team. Besides them only Uchenna/Joyce who were only average on TAR 11, Rob and Amber who were eliminated very early and Dustin and Kandice who are great competitors, who else provided any challenge? Teri and Ian, Bill and Joe, John Vito and Jill, Kevin and Drew and David and Mary were not even in the top 3 best teams on their season. Compared to TAR 18 this all star season was basically a joke. Only two or three teams into the middle of the show had a chance to win besides Eric and Danielle. On The Amazing Race 18, you can only argue that 1 team had no business being on the show and that is Mel and Mike. Kent and Vyxsin were probably on the show because of popularity although they performed decently on both seasons, Zev/Justin and Gary/Mallory did not finish very highly on their season's but they proved on TAR 18 that they were worth of being casted. Kris and Amanda were eliminated because of a blind U-Turn on their season. They might have not performed well on either season but they were amazing physical competitors. Ron and Christina might have been another team that was casted for their popularity but they did pretty well on their season. But seriously look at the competitors on the two all star seasons. The best from TAR 11 were Dustin/Kandice, Rob/Amber, Uchenna/Joyce, Oswald/Danny and Eric/Danielle. The best from TAR 18 were Kisha/Jen, FT/BE, Margie/Luke, Jet/Cord, Gary/Mallory and Zev/Justin. Come on, do you really think that Season 11 was the harder season to win on? Season 11 had a couple of good competitors but it doesn't hold a candle to TAR 18 because of the amount of Middle Level/Lower Level teams that were casted.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 12:57:30 PM »
That's a good argument amazing race fan, I agree. Season 11 was poorly casted and with the quick eliminations of Romber and Uchenna and Joyce there wasn't much left. There was a reason why each of the remaining teams had not won before and they proved it again.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 01:14:51 PM »
That's a good argument amazing race fan, I agree. Season 11 was poorly casted and with the quick eliminations of Romber and Uchenna and Joyce there wasn't much left. There was a reason why each of the remaining teams had not won before and they proved it again.
I definitely think the cast was MUCH better than TAR 18.  :res:

TAR 11 was the last season I considered an official season in my mind.

paldog123456

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »
I definitely think the cast was MUCH better than TAR 18.  :res:

TAR 11 was the last season I considered an official season in my mind.

Same. It had a varied cast, as well as a very interesting route and tasks. Leg 8 in Krakow is still my favorite leg to this day.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »
This discussion will never end. I swear. Just my opinion: why do we have to compare who is the best? :groan:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »
Although my personal favorite would be either Nat or Kat, I'm going with Kisha of Kisha & Jen.  In Season 14, they lost because Tammy & Victor U-Turned them and because Jen had so much to drink during the Roadblock that she had to go to the bathroom (and I think their taxi driver might've taken them to the wrong entrance at the Pit Stop, which was at the Bird's Nest Stadium according to Kisha & Jen, but I could be wrong on that).  If any one of those two or three things hadn't happened, they could well have won Season 14 -- and when none of those things happened in the Unfinished Business season, which had stronger teams overall than Season 11, they won!  And because Kisha had fewer problems with water and because she wasn't the one who had to go to the bathroom in Season 14, that's why I pick her over Jen.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
Most balanced between competitive and likeable: Gary Ervin

I agree Cocoa, this discussion could go on forever.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:36:42 PM by Prophet »