Author Topic: TAR 19 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**  (Read 177529 times)

Offline schwarzmoor

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Jr. Member
TAR 19 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**
« on: June 03, 2011, 07:50:22 AM »
Dear all,

I just googled to see if there is any news about The Amazing Race 19 and I found the following web site in Chinese posted it today.

http://5i01.com/topicdetail.php?f=364&t=2187819&last=28352949

The message is about a sponsor request for Dragon Boat organization/team? to participate in the show.

The request mentioned the 1st leg will start at Taiwan. 11 teams will go to Riverside Park? (in Yilan County?). TAR teams will become a helsman and drummer and work with the dragon boat teams (which they are now requesting) to race to the finishing point.

Estimate date for shooting is on June 20...And they will do the test on Jun 18 & 19.

I am not sure if this is a solid information...but i just want to share what i found.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 19 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 08:19:12 AM »
Here's the English translation of the webpage he linked to:

Hello
I just call you Miss Huang
The attachment file is a program business case shot
Please refer to
Helmsman and the drummer which is served by our program participants
Outright other hand, would like to invite your organization assisted oar

Dragon Boat on to invite you to participate in
In addition to the TV than you can make some pocket money 啦 ~ ~
And promote the image of Taiwan, oh ~ ~ Sports

Basically, to be first than the left end
Do not need a full day in the field ~
If outstanding issues welcome letter / e contact

Could you discuss with your team members after
Reply thanks again

Subject: U.S. CBS TV The Amazing Race "Adventure Challenge" shoot demand

◆ Program Name: The Amazing Race "Adventure Challenge"
◆ Host: Phil Keoghan ◆ Type: Reality TV ◆ Length: 60 minutes per episode ◆ Country: U.S. CBS television
◆ Taiwan Channel: AXN Channel ◆ Taiwan Language: English
◆ broadcast countries: 9 countries, including Taiwan, to January 2011, a total of seven countries or regions create their own version.
◆ ratings: 1 quarter from the U.S. to the 18th quarter of the average ratings of 8.8 to 13.5 (unit: millions)
◆ Official Website: http://www.axn-taiwan.com/ ◆ Synopsis: The United States began in 2001 CBS television broadcast of the reality show quarterly record number of players in the global competition for the month.
The program is divided into several stages for which the knockout section of the last out until the last three on the players left to complete the final showdown, the winner Keyihuode $ 1,000,000 in prize money. Starting point for all games in the U.S., after the middle of the world countries. Teams must be given by producers around the world route guidance information, and the race complete the task.
"Adventure Challenge" from 2003 to 2009, the 7th row to get the best prime-time Emmy race class winning reality show (Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program), beat the "I want to live "and" American Idol "and other influential reality show. The program in some other countries in the world, regional television stations also aired in, and some broadcasters have been authorized by United States copyright side the production of local versions of "breathtaking challenge."

◆ Programme requirements:
Location is the first leg of competition this season in Taiwan, eleven group participants to the Riverside Park will be dragon boat races, the scene of the dragon boat team dragon boat races to help participants to. Helmsman and the drummer from the program in which players as with the dragon boat team Gongtongnuli program to end.
Dragon boat race team to assist totaling 12 teams

◆ expected shooting date: June 20, 2011 (a), June 18 (Sat) and 19 (days) for the test of time, a total of three days.

1. Need numbers: 18 people per team
2.6/18 (f): 6 teams, 6 / 19 (day): 12 teams and 6 / 20 (a): 12 teams. (6 teams to be to 3 days, and the other 6 teams to 2 days)
3. On the spot to provide Apparel
4. Reward: 6 / 18 6 / 20 $ 54,000 per day; 6 / 19 6 / 20 two days $ 36,000.
5. Need not be a long day in the field, the game is completed you can leave.
Thanks for taking the time with your organization, please reply, thanks above

Seems possible but on the other hand easily fabricated. Who knows?  :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline MBR

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
If true, it looks like they will be heading westbound again, which means probably a west coast starting line. How many places are left in LA that they haven't used for a starting line? Maybe O.J's old house?

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:46:02 AM »
Maybe not TAR 19 and an international version ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
Thanks so much schwarzmoor!! Keep us updated if you see more??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 02:09:28 PM »
The race could start in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Hawaii, San Diego, Anchorage, or Phoenix other than LA.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »
I think we will see a Seattle start. Interesting that we will be see Asia first.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 04:35:15 PM »
Schwartmoor,

Thanks for the intelligence on AR19. I noted "Reward: 6 / 18 6 / 20 $ 54,000 per day; 6 / 19 6 / 20 two days $ 36,000" as a lot of money if in U.S. dollars. I assume that that reward is being quoted in New Taiwanese dollars and not U.S. dollars. The NT$ is currently worth 3.5 U.S. cents, so these rewards for a team of 18 people would equate to U.S.$ 1890 for 6 teams and $1260 for the other 6 teams. Does that seem to be appropriate compensation for a dragon boat team, U.S.$105 and $U.S.60 per individual?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »

There is no news of TARA and I think its too early for another season of TARAus. TAR Israel just finished. I don't think China Rush will visit Taiwan..

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 04:41:18 AM »

There is no news of TARA and I think its too early for another season of TARAus. TAR Israel just finished. I don't think China Rush will visit Taiwan..

I can be sure this is Not China Rush.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 11:13:17 PM »
Coming soon!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 12:06:07 AM »
If teams are en route to Taiwan now.

They will most probably be connecting from Hong Kong. (Kowloon, China) :groan: (I was there just a few days ago!!)

Flight is most likely from JFK to Hong Kong to Taiwan via Cathay Pacific.

Right? I'm checking up the flights. :tup:

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 12:17:23 AM »
There is a 2 flights scheduled to leave literally in ten minutes for Hong Kong.

Its actually the same flight that is crosslisted between two different airlines. But I still don't believe that fb message (and I haven't been able to find it on fb).

I'm more interested in those flights that go to the Caribbean (there are flights to Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico in the next six hours).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:30:33 AM by redwings8831 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 12:33:01 AM »
I think there might be other flight options, but this is a viable option too.

SCHEDULED ARRIVAL IN HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FROM JFK

Scheduled arrival at 4.46am - 5.15am. And if teams take another flight into Taiwan, it will be in the day and great for an entire leg in the day, without HoH.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 01:19:56 AM »
The race has really started.. quite suddenly, if you ask me. But someone knows that all along. :lol:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. NVM :lol:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:32:00 AM by Jominion »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »
Let me begin with the statement that I have no special information. Everything below is based on my analysis of flight possibilities. The most obvious connect point into Taipei is, as RealityTVistheBest indicates, from Hong Kong. Here are the flights that have not happened yet because it is only 4am Saturday there and because the arrival of the flight indicated by RealityTVistheBest, BR231/CO9623 from JFK is expected at 458am +1. It would then connect to any of a number of flights to Taipei:

KA486 0815+1 1000+1
CX474 0835+1 1025+1
CX530 0910+1 1055+1
CI2928 0950+1 1110+1

The HKG TPE portion has several options (typical of World Race Productions), but the JFK HKG portion if true has only the one above.

A standard connect point from the U.S. into eastern Asia is Tokyo's Narita airport. Here are the flight possibilities at the relevant times, which for this route would be the standard WRP early afternoon departure:

For JRK NRT a 6-code-shared flight led by NH9 1253 1525+1 or the 3-code-shared flight led by JL5 1325 1611+1 would apply.
For NRT TPE a 4-code shared flight led by NO1089 1825+1 2000+1 or a 3-code-shared flight led by UA850 1810+1 2045+1

Another unusual possibility that works because it is the only day of the week that it is possible is through Anchorage. KE358 departed JFK at 0356am (26 minutes late) this morning and arrived ANC 0633. From there one can connect to ANC TPE on either CI5321 0950 1313+1 or CI5233 1125 1305+1. Because it is diabolical to depart for Taipei from the U.S. East Coast, if Taipei is the first leg destination, then I expect that WRP used the more diabolical and difficult to spot route, which is through Anchorage.

Take your pick until we have real sightings.

Offline JCDuke

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »
Another unusual possibility that works because it is the only day of the week that it is possible is through Anchorage. KE358 departed JFK at 0356am (26 minutes late) this morning and arrived ANC 0633. From there one can connect to ANC TPE on either CI5321 0950 1313+1 or CI5233 1125 1305+1. Because it is diabolical to depart for Taipei from the U.S. East Coast, if Taipei is the first leg destination, then I expect that WRP used the more diabolical and difficult to spot route, which is through Anchorage.

KE358, CI5321 and CI5233 are cargo flights.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 05:17:36 PM »
If in fact, Race 19 is using JFK as the first airport out of the country, I can think of an appropriate and fitting start line. Unfortunately, the 10th anniversary of the premiere falls during Labor Day weekend and the following Sunday is the 10th anniversary of 9/11; so I suspect we're not going to get a true "anniversary" episode. But like I said there is a location for a TAR start line that would be extremely appropriate if the teams are flying out of JFK.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 05:41:14 PM »
I think you can give up on the JFK info, the poster admitted it was a "joke"  LIE.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 01:41:18 PM »
Here are some options for teams to make assuming that they start this afternoon on the West Coast.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=230232464&airline=CI&flightNumber=5&departureDate=2011-06-18

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=230230818&airline=AA&flightNumber=7967&departureDate=2011-06-18

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=230318198&airline=CI&flightNumber=5383&departureDate=2011-06-19

Of course these do not include the possibility of a myriad of connections through Asian airports such as Shangai, Hong Kong, etc.

San Francisco has flights to Taipei too.  UAL853 @2:40pm or connect through Narita.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 05:36:44 PM »
It looks like Denmark is our first stop.  Hopefully.   :yess:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »
This is the earliest direct flight to Copenhagen they can make if they are on LH 451:

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=230338394&airline=LH&flightNumber=830&departureDate=2011-06-19

Interestingly it is also Lufthansa so a possible connection?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 05:57:02 PM »
Everyone, NOTHING is confirmed, let's wait till we have more facts before getting carried away please??

WE DO know that misleading us all would bring someone great joy, so be cautious please before jumping on the destination of the minute list. We'll know soon enough!!

We have already had FOUR false leads in the last 20 hours!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »
Frankfurt-Copenhagen False

China Airlines - Photo Confirmation - True
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.