Author Topic: America's Got Talent 6  (Read 34913 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: America's Got Talent 6
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 06:28:45 AM »
I have been thinking about why Season 6 has a different feel with a much higher variety of types of acts. It is the most interesting season by far from my perspective. So why is that?

One hypothesis is that the producers reacted to the over-abundance of singers in the winners' circle of prior AGTs and somehow limited the field of singers allowed to compete. Here is the list of prior AGT winners:

AGT1 Bianca Ryan, singer
AGT2 Terry Fator, ventriloquist (with singing his underlying talent)
AGT3 Neal E. Boyd, singer
AGT4 Kevin Skinner, singer
AGT5 Michael Grimm, singer

Limits on the singers in the talent pool has meant more spots open for a wide range of talent. Here are the types of acts on my projected final 10 list in the next post above

arrange popsicle sticks into a pattern that allows them to self-destruct with a forward momentum and explosive force
kinetic movements behind a screen
ethnic dance
ethnic dance
the "Russian bar" performers are doing something so risky that it is riveting to watch
another high risk performance of a belly flop into 12 inches of water
dance
magician
Frank Sinatra style singer
what will be 4 motorcycles inside a steel globe

So, that's just one singer out of 10 who I expect to be finalists. I applaud the producers for this trend however it happened.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 10:09:02 AM »
No, it's not Minneapolis. It might be Houston(Piers was carrying a sign saying 'Houston loves Howie'. I actually want to compare Cindy with Lys Agnes(The retail girl who sang 'Ave Maria' fantastically) but I can't find her in your recap so I'll try my best to make one.

There's some other performers who got into next round from Denver:
Mike Stone and the Kritikal Band --> A band with 3 male musician and 3 female singing. Piers buzzed but after the buzz, he said he enjoy the performance more

Fantastic Fig(age 76) --> Magician with card trick

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 10:20:35 AM »
As I have said before if they can't come up with a non singing winner they may as well give up on the show because they haven't accomplished much besides being a slightly different version of the X factor.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 10:28:44 AM »
franxaverian,

I somehow missed having my writing for the first Minneapolis round make it into a recap. I have gone back and added it as part of the Houston episode where it actually was. Thank you for giving me the heads-up that I was missing something. Unfortunately, my judgment on acts worthy of the final 10 does not match yours. I did add The Kinetic King who is in fact my overall favorite in AGT6. However, Lys Agnes has a nice voice but not good enough to make the final 10. Also, I found Silhouette a bit juvenile (no surprise so it's composed of 36 kids). they will not be in the final 10 in my opinion. See my final 10 list excluding any I might want to add next week to replace Professor Splash:

Kinetic King
Team iLuminate
Zuma Zuma
Miami All Stars
Sandou Russian Bar Trio
Professor Splash
Snap Boogie
Michael Turco
Landau
Flores Family Globes of Death

Hmm....Actually, I see similarity between Snap Boogie and Haspop from last season so I think I want to skip him. As for the omission of the dangerous acts, I just don't like them. hehe.

This is my list of worthy acts with Echo as the one that might have to bow out even before semifinals:
Landau -> he's just unique singer
Michael Turco/Scott Alexander --> magician
Lys Agnes/Cindy Chang --> opera singer
Anna Graceman/Dani Shay --> pop singer
Sandou Russian Bar Trio --> Russian bar performance
Miami All Stars/Zuma Zuma --> dance
Kinetic King --> 'domino effect' builder
Team iLuminate --> similar to Fighting Gravity last season
Silhouettes --> silhouette show
Melissa the impersonator --> comedian
Echo(??) --> I just love this bird

The reason with me choosing these acts might be because I realised that last season, most of the high variety acts failed to make it into final round so I have to insert some singers. After all, I think a lot of varieties is displayed in my Top 10. Let's wait for the auditions from last city + Youtube. They might be interesting to see.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 10:37:25 AM »
Anyway Apskip, I finally have a chance to watch the NY part 2.

Here are some corrections:

Rachel Zamstein – singer of her own songs plus electric guitarist; the vote was 2-1 with Piers Howie(interestingly) dissenting

and additions to your recap:

Shemika Charles - Limbo dancer

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
Anyway Apskip, I finally have a chance to watch the NY part 2.

Here are some corrections:

Rachel Zamstein – singer of her own songs plus electric guitarist; the vote was 2-1 with Piers Howie(interestingly) dissenting

and additions to your recap:

Shemika Charles - Limbo dancer

franxaverian,

You were right on who dissented for Rachel Zamstein. It was Howie, not Piers. I have corrected that in the appropriate place.

You were also right that I somehow missed Shemika Charles. I saw her act, loved it and did not write about her. I have subsequently learned that she holds the world's limbo record for a female at 8.5 inches (WOW!). That's incredibly impressive. I assume she will go for a new world's record if she reaches the finals, but what does she do in between. I just don't see how that works out or I would have her in my list of "top 10" finalists. I did go back and insert her into New York II Auditions.

You are also right that the probability of at least one new talent emerging from the last show (which may be a mix of leftovers from multiple venues) before Las Vegas. My recollection is that the YouTube show is typically after Las Vegas since there is usually only one performer selected out of all those who apply that way.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 01:23:47 PM »
AUDITIONS from Multiple Sites

This was a second round of Los Angeles preliminary auditions, resulting in these acts getting the green light for Las Vegas:

Avery, Brooklyn and Cassidy - females age 9 - 10 who sing and are cute

Kevin Shelley - broke 40 white pine 1 foot square boards consecutively as handed to him by Nick Cannon on his forehead, which bled

Dezmond - singer/keyboard

Thomas John - juggler, played "O, When the Saints" on an upside down mini keyboard with spit out balls

4Play - singing group of 4 females ages 24 - 27

J. Chris Newberg - comedian

Chicago Ultimate Tumblers - excellent acrobatics group, but one male somersaulted over human pyramid too low, knocking off a female on top; they recovered and went on to success

Meet Me at Fairfax and 3rd - two elderly gentlemen (61 and 87) who did a headstand on a chair and played keyboard while singing

The Chicago Ultimate Tumblers is the only group which might be headed for that final 10.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:14:37 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 01:33:48 PM »
LAS VEGAS rounds

The Las Vegas round started with the judges placing each act into a category and looking at each category to determine the best in it.  They (or the producers) love to play game by putting the results into suspense, but when these 10 acts were called I was sure what it meant:

Captain Stag Tuggo and Maybelle
Rhinestone Ropers
Fearless Flores Family
Lys Agnes
Melissa
Team iLuminate
Miami All Stars
Professor Splash
Silhouettes
Squonk Opera (from Minneapolis; I don't remember seeing this one at all although I have looked at an act of theirs and it is worthy of this exemption)

So, what did I conclude about these 10 acts? That they would be selected to go directly to the Hollywood round without any performances in Las Vegas, which was in fact true. These acts were sent home to prepare for the next round. This filled 10 of 48 available slots in the Hollywood rounds, leaving 38 to be filled as a result of performances. The judges  selected several teams from each category to perform on the first day in front of Howie, Piers, Sharon and no audience. The judges noted their appraisals but did not share them with the performers unless they were really awful, in which case they were sent home immediately. That only happened to Remedy, who sang so out of tune that it unnerved me and the judges.  I will review each act and its final outcome delivered one by one or in small groups after the day 1 performances were completed and the judges had the opportunity to decide who was in and who was out. Here were those outcomes:

DANGER
Frank Miles (knife in one of 4 boxes; he smashed each with his body, avoiding the dangerous one) - Hollywood
Kevin Shelly (board breaker) - out
Yellow Design Stunt Team (BMX bikes and ramps) - Hollywood
Charles Peachock (juggler) - Hollywood

FEMALE VOCALS
4Play (harmony of 4 singers) - out
Mona Lisa - Hollywood
Remedy - out immediately

ACROBATS
Solae (female pole dancer) - out
Steven Retchless (male pole dancer) - Hollywood
Summerwind Jump Rope Team - Hollywood
Zuma Zuma (acrobatic dancers) - Hollywood
Daring Jones Duo (trapeze artists) - Hollywood

MAGICIANS
Michael Turco - out
Fantastic Fig and Newton the cat - out
Scott Alexander - Hollywood

ANIMAL ACTS
a dog act not shown except for the dog - out
Echo the Parrot and trainer - Hollywood
Macaw and the Las Vegas Parrots lady - out

CLASSICAL SINGERS
Armand and Andrea - unclear what their performance or fate was, but I think they may be in day 2
Cindy Chang (sang "Man of La Mancha", a poor choice for a female voice with huge vibrato) - out
Landau Eugene Murphy Jr (Frank Sinatra vocals) - Hollywood
Necessary Diva (sang Ave Maria) - out

BANDS
Proud Mary (3 female vocalists with 3 instrumentalists) - out
Lost Boys - I may be mixing them up, but I think they are going to Hollywood
DGB trio of boyhood friends) - out
PopLyte (teens with good female lead singer) - Hollywood
Fiddleheads (2 banjos, a violin and a guitar) - Hollywood
Mike Stone & Kritikal Band - out

DANCE
Fatally Unique (with one key performer injured, they made a change in who was doing her bit even though she returned) - Hollywood
LD Dance - out (no sympathy vote for Lucia who was injured)
Snap Boogie (kinetic dancer) - Hollywood

FEMALE SINGERS
Chevonne - out
Kelsey - out
Dani Shay - broke under the pressure of singing her own music; asked to redo her audition with something well know; she chose "Troubles" and is going to Hollywood

COMEDIANS
J. Chris Newberg - Hollywood
Obama impersonator - out
Daria (female comic) - out
Geechee Guy (the funniest of all the comics) Hollywood

NOVELTY
ping pong guy - no chance; out
a singer
Those Funny Little People - they are getting funnier and going to Hollywood
The Kinetic King - I was shocked that he did not make the top group, but he was spectacular and obviously has a wide variety of different explosive popsicle stick formations; going to Hollywood
Thomas John (juggler who played the xylophone upside down with balls juggled in and spit out of his mouth to the tune "O When the Saints") - out

MALE SINGERS
Ryan Andreas (plus keyboard) - Hollywood
Dezmond Meeks (plus pianist) - Hollywood
Hershae Chocolatae - out
1 act that did not make it

So that was it for day 1. According to my records there were 18 acts that made it. Since the acts came fast and furious last night and many were not identified in the final yes-no results, there may be some errors above from either acts going to Hollywood I said weren't or acts not going to Hollywood that I said were. I will make my best effort to fix them as I recognize them such as when they do or do not turn up in the next round).

The next episode telecast tonight will feature the other teams that are being given a chance for any remaining slots, of which there are plenty. This group has to include what I regard to be some very strong acts:

Sandou Russian Bar Trio
Shemika Charles
Chicago Ultimate Tumblers
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:20:57 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2011, 11:13:08 AM »
DAY 2 of LAS VEGAS rounds

About 30 acts which did not get the invite to perform day 1 were left to compete for the remaining 17 slots. It was can other action-packed telecast distinguished by a lack of any subtitles on the screen, so it was frequently difficult to figure out what was happening to whom.  Here were the results:

MAGICIANS
Hall of Magic – out
Seth Grabel (survived 2 of 6 assistants not putting his magic cube firmly in place)– Hollywood
Landon Swank (illusionist) – Hollywood
multiple other magicians - out 

KID ACTS
Lil’ T – out
Avery and the Calico Hearts, Brooklyn and Cassidy (singers) – Hollywood
SH’Boss Boys (rappers) - Hollywood
Anna Graceman (singer/pianist) – Hollywood
Monet (singer) - Hollywood

DANGER
Frank Olivier (fire eater) – out
Sandou Russian Bat Trio – Hollywood
Smage Brothers riding Show - Hollywood 

DANCE
Attack Dance Crew – Hollywood
Purrfect Angelz – Hollywood
Sam B (the judges debated hard on this one, but chose to let he audience decide his fate) – Hollywood
Preston Weber (fire twirler) – out
Tricky Jackson – out

ACROBATS
Leonid the Magnificent – out for inadequate act, not because he could not finish it
Thomas John (juggler) – Hollywood

NOVELTY
Ian Johnson (yo-yos) Hollywood
Meet Me at Fairfax and 3rd – the old guys bit the dust for lack of content in their act; out

MALE SINGERS
Mauricio (sang “Strangers in the Night”, then “Stayin’ Alive”) - Hollywood
Daniel Joseph Baker (singer/pianist)– Hollywood
Dylan Andre – Hollywood
Taylor Davis (singer/guitar) - Hollywood
multiple others - out
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:26:24 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 02:58:19 PM »
Conclusions from the Las Vegas Round

Talent decisions were mostly rational, with the really good acts according to me left out of this process the Chicago Tumblers and Shemika Charles. It could have been much worse.  So, who do I think will emerge from each category as part of the final 10 now? Here are my picks, which will look familiar to anyone who has read my picks from before the Las Vegas rounds:

DANGER
Sandou Russian Bar Trio
Fearless Flores Family

COMEDY
Melissa Villasensour

NOVELTY
Team iLuminate
The Kinetic King
Professor Splash

DANCE
Miami All Stars
Fatally Unique

MUSICIANS
Squonk Opera
Fiddlehead Band

ACROBATS
Zuma Zuma

MAGICIANS
Landon Swank

So that’s 12 acts for the top 10. From the judges list of those who did not have to perform in Las Vegas, I felt Capt. Stag Tuggo and Maybelle, Rhinestone Ropers, Lys Agnes and Silhouettes should have been forced to compete and will ultimately not go into the final 10.

If I had to pick the best 5 acts right now, it would be difficult but I would go with Sandou Russian Bar Trio, Kinetic King, Miami All Stars, Zuma Zuma and Team iLuminate. We’ll see. My record in picking last year was not in sync with the viewing audience so it will be nice to see better synchronicity this year. One can always hope.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 07:29:02 PM »
I will be missing two weeks of Hollywood rounds. Since AGT6 will be almost over by the time I return, I will appreciate anyone doing the recaps for that period.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 12:44:30 AM »
AGT Season 6 Hollywood Round Week 1
1. Miami All Stars (Dance Group).
    Their rehearsed song was not in the song list for legal reasons but they are still fabulous. The judges loved them.

2. Dezmond Meeks (Male Singer).
    Singing 'Satisfaction' cabaret-style. Sharon and Howie thought that he sang it cheesy but Piers loved that style.

3. Those Funny Little People (Novelty act).
    Singing 'Singing in the Rain' and 'It's Raining Men'. Piers buzzed them. Howie and Sharon liked the act

4. Fearless Flores Family (Danger)
    3 motorcycles circling the 'globe of death'. They got praise from the judges

5. Squonk Opera (Opera Singers)
    They perform their own song. Buzzed by Piers and Sharon. Piers gave them harsh criticism.

6. J.Chris Newberg (Comedian/Musician)
    Sing his own written song, verses of jokes with chorus sang by some bearded children. Buzzed by Piers.

7. Snap Boogie (Dancer)
    If anyone watched last season of 'Haspop', it is similar. Unique dance. Judges loved him.

8. Echo of the Animal Gardens (Talking Bird Act)
    Just almost similar to a repeat of the initial audition with the help of Echo's girlfriend. Howie questioned the act about his worthiness.

9. The Fiddleheads (Bluegrass Band)
    Singing 'Billie Jean'. All judges didn't like the song choice while Sharon didn't like the costume that was chosen by the production team)

10. Duo Aero (Acrobatics/Trapeze Act)
      Buzzed by Piers, deemed too safe. Howie thought that it was not as exciting as before.

11. Anna Graceman
     Sang 'What A Wonderful World' while playing piano. All judges loved her.

12. Sandou Trio Russian Bar
      Russian Bar over bed of spikes lit with fire.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 12:58:04 AM »
AGT Season 6 Hollywood Round Week 1 Result

Guest performance by Avril Lavigne & the cast members of Broadway musical Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

These are the group calls(Acts advancing to semifinal in bold):
1st Group Call: Snap Boogie, Fearless Flores Family and Duo Aero
Piers showed disappointment that either one of FFF or Snap Boogie will be eliminated.

2nd Group Call: Sandou Russian Bar Trio, J. Chris Newberg, Squonk Opera
Howie declared that it's obvious that Sandou will advance

3rd Group Call: Echo, Anna Graceman, Dezmond Meeks
Sharon thought that it's either Anna or Dezmond.

Last Group Call: Those Funny Little People, The Fiddleheads, Miami All Stars
Those Funny Little People was eliminated first and Piers was ecstatic about this.
Fiddleheads and Miami All Stars were the 4th and 5th placer. Sharon and Piers voted for Miami All Stars to advance.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2011, 06:17:21 PM »
Thanks to franxaverian for doing the first week recap of AGT6 semi-finals. I would like to clarify one point, which is that Piers, Howie and Sharon have no voting responsibilities from the semi-finals through to the finale. They only can comment on the acts. I had rated the acts as follows:

Miami All-Stars A
Dezmond Meeks A-
Those Funny Little People B
Fearless Flores Family A-
Squonk Opera B+
J. Chris Newberg B
Snap Boogie A-
Echo of Animal Gardens B+
Fiddleheads B+ (note – the non-voting judges had 3 vastly different opinions of this act, none good)
Duo Aero B
Anna Graceman B+
Sandou Russian Bar Trio A+

My conclusions from the above were that Sandou Russian Bar Trio and Miami All-Stars should advance without question and the other 2 spots would be filled from Dezmond Meeks, Fearless Flores Family and Snap Boogie. The shortcomings of Those Funny Little People, J. Chris Newberg and Duo aero were exposed for all to see.

America voted to send the first two plus Snap Boogie forward plus Anna Graceman, who I don't evaluate as having great talent but the American public is always a sucker in America's Got Talent for cute little female singers.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2011, 06:18:44 PM »
HOLLYWOOD Semifinals round 2 of 4

Attack Dance Crew A-
Dani Shay B+
Geechy Guy B
Daniel Joseph Baker B+
Rhinestone Ropers B
Dylan Andre B
Landon Swank A-
Smage Brothers riding Shows B+
Thomas John B
Steven Retchless B+ (note he performed in ballet toe shoes, not spike heels, which was probably a good decision given the way the American public would likely have felt about the latter)
Mona Lisa B+
Silhouettes A

My prediction was that Silhouettes, Attack Dance Crew, Landon Swank and one of my B+ rated acts would advance. Again, the shortcomings of several acts were exposed, specifically Geechy guy, Rhinestone Ropers, Dylan Andre and Thomas John. The voting results were organized as follows:
Rhinestone Ropers, Silhouettes, Thomas John – Silhouettes
Steven Retchless, Geechy Guy, Attack Dance Crew – Steven Retchless
Dylan Andre, Daniel Joseph Baker, Dani Shay – Daniel Joseph Baker
Landon Swank, Mona Lisa, Smage Brothers riding Shows -  Smage Brothers

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2011, 11:49:18 PM »
Just to complete what's Apskip wrote.

The last 3 to be called in the 2nd week has the 4th and 5th top vote.
The choice for the judges to make is between Landon Swank and Smage Brothers with 2-1 vote, Piers the only one voting for Landon.

I think if there's a wildcard show, Landon will be one of Piers' choice.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 07:55:23 AM »
AGT6, Semifinals, 3 of 4

It's a new week and another live semifinal round for AGT6. Here were the 12 performances in this episode along with my rating of them:

Sumemrwind Skippers A-
Sh’Boss Boys B+
Mauricio Herrera B- (his rendition of viva Las Vegas was embarrassing)
Seth Grabel A+, an unbelievable magic act
Poplyfe B+
Ian Johnson (yo yo kid) B
Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. A+ (his Sinatra songs were almost perfect)
Monet B
Captain and Maybelle B (Piers called this the grossest act anywhere, anytime)
Lys Agnes A- (singing Carmen)
Professor Splash A+ (another almost perfect act with danger exceeded only by Sandou Russian Bar Trio)

Piers said it best when he stated that the level of performance in this episode was very high. I see Seth Grabel, Landon Murphy Jr. and Professor Splash as shoe-ins for the first 3 places in the next round. The 4th place will be between Summerwind Skippers and Lys Agnes. As is frequently the case with Las Vegas and earlier round judging decisions, Ian Johnson, Monet and Captain and Maybelle had no business being in the Hollywood Round.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:20:11 AM by apskip »

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 08:41:19 AM »
Apskip,

I have only one correction...the correct name is Seth Gandel Grabel but for all your ratings, I most certainly agree with you. I see Mauricio, Ian Johnson, Monet and those 3 boys going home easily. The 3 acts going forward are easily Landau, Seth and Professor. As for Poplyfe, Summerwind Skippers and Lys, any one of them going would be fantastic as I 99% believe that if there's going to be a wildcard round, the other two would be there, joining Landon Swank.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 09:21:25 AM »
I think a wildcard round is likely because there will be the YouTube round winners to fit into this competition somehow.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 10:03:09 PM »
Here are the outcomes of the America's votes on the 3rd of 4 semifinals:

Purrfect Angelz, Summerwind Skippers, Ian Johnson - NBC is playing tricks by making this outcome none of the above. I approve of this outcome.

Poplyfe, Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. - both of them move ahead. This is OK. Landau clearly deserved it and Poplyfe is displacing another top act.

Lys Agnes, Monet, Captain and Maybelle, Mauricio - an obvious choice of Lys Agnes.

The tough one, elimination of Sh'Boss Boys quickly and judges decision between #4 and #5 Professor Splash and Seth Grabel. Sharon voted for Seth, Howie for Professor Splash and Piers for Professor Splash. That was a difficult and close decision and why they pay those judges the big bucks.

I really enjoyed seeing Fighting Gravity perform on this results show. They should have won AGT5.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »
Oh well, another great magician bowed out of the competition...I didn't see that coming, especially Poplyfe got through instead of Seth or Summerwind Skippers. We'll see them in the wildcard round, hopefully.

How's your take on the last group next week?
Based on their audition, I can only say that Mellisa Villasenor, Team iLuminate, Zuma Zuma and Kinetic King could easily take the last 4 spot. The competition would come from Scott Alexander, the last magician left. As for the others, I barely remember them and hopefully Sam B and the 3 girls got eliminated quickly.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2011, 07:03:27 AM »
franxaverian,

I agree completely. Next week it should be Team iLuminate, Kinetic King, Zuma Zuma and Melissa Villasensour for the 4 spots.

I don't see Scott Alexander breaking into the elite group of 12. Magicians have traditionally done poorly on America's got Talent for reasons I do not understand.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »
Well, I still hope at least one magician survive until top 10 like last season's Michael Grasso although he has to be 'resurrected' using the Wildcard Round. I took pity for all the magicians that there have been 2 magicians eliminated because of the judges' vote.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
Stunning start to tonight's show. Video link is below but don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled (couldn't get the spoiler tags to work).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjpkZbYoQHQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=463s

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 10:26:30 PM »
AGT6 HOLLYWOOD Quarterfinals, round 4 of 4

The 4th quarterfinal round had the 12 remaining acts and it was clarified that this was one of 4 quarterfinal rounds. Here are the acts and my ratings of them :

Kinetic King B-
Zuma Zuma A
Avery and the Calico Hearts B
Charles Peachock B+
Sam B B
Taylor Davis B
Melissa Villsensor A
Scott Alexander A-
Fatally Unique A-
Yellow Design Stunt Team A-
Frank Miles A-
iLuminate A+

So that means that I rate iLuminate tops and Zuma Zuma and Melissa Villasensor close behind. with Fatally Unique edging out Yellow Design Stunt Team, Scott Alexander and Frank Miles. There was a wealth of good acts in this grouping, as my A- rated acts would have made it through in other brackets. Scott Alexander, Yellow Stunt Design Team and Frank Miles were all impressive but just not enough given the competition. Charles Peachock was OK. Sam B and Avery and the Calico Hearts and Taylor Davis were exposed as “should not have been here” material.

My Predicted Final 16 Acts Before YouTube round insertion

Novelty
Silhouettes
Steven Retchless
Smage Brothers Riding Shows
Professor Splash
Team iLuminate
Fatally Unique

Acrobatics
Sandou Russian Bar Trio

Dance
Miami AllStars