The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

TARAus 1 Episode 4 (South Africa) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

<< < (21/22) > >>

BayBay:

--- Quote from: Coutzy on June 08, 2011, 10:04:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: slayton on June 08, 2011, 09:15:10 PM ---The HOO by itself didn't bother me.  The problem that I had was that there were also 2 other bunching points with flights.

--- End quote ---

I daresay the leg was planned with a lot of bunching so that Richard and Joey couldn't skip away thanks to the Fast Forward and claim this leg uncontested as well.

--- End quote ---

And so that the U-Turn wouldn't determine fate perhaps?

Dånooky:

--- Quote from: BayBay on June 08, 2011, 10:08:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Coutzy on June 08, 2011, 10:04:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: slayton on June 08, 2011, 09:15:10 PM ---The HOO by itself didn't bother me.  The problem that I had was that there were also 2 other bunching points with flights.

--- End quote ---

I daresay the leg was planned with a lot of bunching so that Richard and Joey couldn't skip away thanks to the Fast Forward and claim this leg uncontested as well.

--- End quote ---

And so that the U-Turn wouldn't determine fate perhaps?

--- End quote ---
They could have survived the U-Turn had they not been stuck in the mud and got a bad goat

apskip:
As some sages occasionally have to say "nevermind" (a quotation from Emily Litella on Saturday Night Live). This one got screwed up, so see my next one.

apskip:

--- Quote from: Coutzy on June 07, 2011, 07:09:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: redskevin88 on June 07, 2011, 06:55:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: Best Loser on June 06, 2011, 05:21:10 PM ---Richard & Joey wouldn't have been the first team to survive a U-turn. Dimple & Sunaina did in Amazing Race Asia 4.

Anastasia & Chris- The girl doesn't do anything and the guy has a temper. Never had a team like this before

--- End quote ---

Disagree with you. I've seen Mai & Oliver on The Amazing Race Asia 3. Mai seems to expect Oliver to carry her around, and Oliver lost his temper at Mai early on...

And Flight Time & Big Easy survived a U-turn in TAR 18, they were U-turned by Jamie & Cara in the second W-turn. 

--- End quote ---

I don't count Double U-Turns for that record because there are 2 teams getting done. One of them has to survive it, that's just math.

--- End quote ---

My math is from a little different perspective. A Double U-Turn if actually implemented fully can involve either 3 teams or 4 teams. A minimum of one (two if you count the teams activating the U-Turns) does have to survive, but in fact all 4 teams can survive if they do not finish the leg in last place of an elimination leg.

Prophet:

--- Quote from: apskip on June 09, 2011, 04:32:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Coutzy on June 07, 2011, 07:09:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: redskevin88 on June 07, 2011, 06:55:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: Best Loser on June 06, 2011, 05:21:10 PM ---Richard & Joey wouldn't have been the first team to survive a U-turn. Dimple & Sunaina did in Amazing Race Asia 4.

--- End quote ---
And Flight Time & Big Easy survived a U-turn in TAR 18, they were U-turned by Jamie & Cara in the second W-turn. 

--- End quote ---

I don't count Double U-Turns for that record because there are 2 teams getting done. One of them has to survive it, that's just math.

--- End quote ---

My math is from a little different perspective. A Double U-Turn if actually implemented fully can involve either 3 teams or 4 teams. A minimum of one (two if you count the teams activating the U-Turns) does have to survive, but in fact all 4 teams can survive if they do not finish the leg in last place of an elimination leg.

--- End quote ---

I don't really understand how that logic is an argument against Coutzy's statement. You just backed up the truth that one has to survive and stated the obvious that both could.

I don't count W-turns towards that statistic either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version