The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

Anyone else surprised that leg 1 had an almost identical route to TAR Asia 4?

(1/3) > >>

amazing race fan:
They used the same sign up board, place to hide clue, same mode of transportation, same rice throwing ceremony, 1 of the 2 detour options was the same, same theme of counting money in a briefcase, same mode of transportation to pit stop and worst of all same pit stop. It just upset me. I would think that they wouldn't have to copy exact routes. I hope the rest of the season doesn't follow along this pattern.

Dånooky:
Now I'm glad I didn't watch TARA4 lol

georgiapeach:
We have seen this a lot with some of the franchises...TARA copied TAR, TARaus copying TARA, TARI copying someone....

When you have a network/site/personnel/contacts already in place, it probably makes sense from a financial and logistical sense to use those to expedite setting up a show.

And face it, only a few of us would ever know. But it is the easy way out...

But I am forgiving them a lot because they went with fresh faces and not (as far as we know) heavily recruited teams. Even the 2 mactor teams are interesting and fun to watch....so I can live with recycled locations/tasks.

And my day will be made if someone says "MY OX IS BROKEN!!"  :funny:

Prophet:
That's a good point, Peach. I never thought it about it that way before.

But I think that as TAR Aus becomes more and more stable as a show (hopefully), they should move more toward originality and making the franchise their own. :tup:

Pedaler:

--- Quote from: amazing race fan on May 18, 2011, 05:38:30 PM ---They used the same sign up board, place to hide clue, same mode of transportation, same rice throwing ceremony, 1 of the 2 detour options was the same, same theme of counting money in a briefcase, same mode of transportation to pit stop and worst of all same pit stop. It just upset me. I would think that they wouldn't have to copy exact routes. I hope the rest of the season doesn't follow along this pattern.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I knew that I had seen some of that stuff before.  I don't really mind that they nearly copied a leg of TARA, I just wish they had nearly copied a better leg.  I still don't know what counting money from a suitcase has to do culturally with Indonesia.

The good news is that I enjoyed most of the cast and the host did a good job.

Also, since Australia has only 2/3 the population of Canada, it still gives me hope of a TAR Canada someday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version