The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

TARAus 1 Episode 2 (Vietnam) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

<< < (25/26) > >>

Jobby:

--- Quote ---Leg 2 – Two tickets to the 2011 AFL Grand Final at the Melbourne Cricket Ground and a VIP tour of the National Sports Museum
--- End quote ---

Leg 1 – A$10,000 from National Australia Bank and The Express Pass – an item that can be used on the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing.
Leg 2 – Two tickets to the 2011 AFL Grand Final at the Melbourne Cricket Ground and a VIP tour of the National Sports Museum.
Leg 3 – A$10,000 from National Australia Bank.
Leg 4 – A$5,000 shopping spree at Kathmandu.
Leg 5 – A$5,000 home entertainment system from Bing Lee.
Leg 6 – A$5,000 shopping spree at Kathmandu.
Leg 7 – A$10,000 from National Australia Bank.
Leg 8 – A$5,000 personal computer package from Bing Lee.

Poor Tyler and Nathan. They won the most WTF Prize given out so far. They won 3 legs but only 10k in actual fact.

Richard and Joey, Jeff and Luke and Sam and Ranae won 1 leg and got their 10k already. Sucks right? :lol:

Coutzy:
On the contrary Joab, I think the tickets to the AFL grand final are the best prize there. I've done the normal tour of the National Sports Museum (Also at the MCG) and it is fantastic for sports fans (Which I would be surprised if Nathan and Tyler aren't)

Plus, the AFL grand final is the biggest sporting event in Australia, period. There are those that will argue the NRL grand final is bigger but they simply do not get the viewership numbers the AFL does. While the tickets themselves, if bought at retail are only worth a few hundred dollars, it is not uncommon for people to sell "Grand Final entertainment packages" to run up into the thousands of dollars despite only including tickets and one other very small item. (This is done because it is illegal to onsell tickets for more than face value, however you can create a loophole by tacking an "entertainment pack" or "luncheon" onto the deal.)

tarflyonthewall:
Yeah, the prize is basically boxseats at our version of the Superbowl. Not a bad prize. Certainly better than either of the Bing Lee prizes.

Aussie:

--- Quote from: tarflyonthewall on July 12, 2011, 04:44:35 AM ---Yeah, the prize is basically boxseats at our version of the Superbowl. Not a bad prize. Certainly better than either of the Bing Lee prizes.

--- End quote ---

Being a Queenslander, I would practically give that prize away.  :lol3: Not a huge fan of AFL.  :lol:

Jobby:
I think if i'm a AFL fan, i'll be THRILLED like mad to have those tickets. But honestly if you ask Nathan and Tyler, I think they'll rather have the value rather than tickets (if they're not fans) I think their mindset will probably be like we can just get those tickets and buy it for a few hundred bucks.. and this is what we won.

Unless the VIP tour of the National Sports Museum comes with like 10 course seafood meal + wine + hotel room for the night or what.. I really think the prize is no big deal. I know AFL is a big thing for Australia but you know for us who's watching from a foreigner POV, that prize was lame. :lol:

The best prize would of course be a NAB 10k cash prize, which Nathan and Tyler has no luck with. :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version