Author Topic: Top 4 Discussion  (Read 13649 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Top 4 Discussion
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:32:32 PM »
Haley and James are IN IT to win. I loved both of Haley's performances and I also liked it that James is playing it "safe" by keeping to his own genre of music after a disastrous last week.

Lauren's first song gave me a Carrie Underwood moment and impression. That should keep her safe, HOPEFULLY.

Scotty, was gloriously boring.

I'm going to make a huge bet, that Scotty will be going home and both Scotty and Lauren will be in the bottom 2. Scotty's honestly sincere and everything, good vocals.. but the song choices... meh and BORING for this week! :(

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Top 4 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 01:41:25 AM »
I felt bad for Haley.  They were tough on her for the first song.  I think she did great for both of them.

Scotty sang a relative song for this week.  He has such a huge following I doubt he will be in the bottom 2.

Whoever ends up in the final two will make it a great show.  Each of the final 4 are so different. :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 03:18:17 AM »
DialIdol predicted Scotty and Lauren to be safe and James and Haley to be in the Bottom 2. :duno:

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 03:20:35 AM »
DialIdol predicted Scotty and Lauren to be safe and James and Haley to be in the Bottom 2. :duno:
Hopefully its not true...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 04:21:20 AM »
Okay. The person who really will be safe will be Lauren.

Scotty... i think TOO BIG fan base. I will take back my comment that he will be going home.

That leaves James and Hayley. Which the obvious choice would be Hayley going home...

But i think as the singers get lesser and lesser, we have votes moving to different contestants. I actually feel that Scotty and James appeal to different masses and that their votes will always sort of remain the same. As for Hayley and Lauren, they're more current and will attract more votes.

In this case, i think Hayley and Lauren got most of Jacob's votes when he was voted off last week.

I think a guy will be leaving tomorrow. Have a feeling it's James, but at the same time, you have Hayley who has been struggling for weeks? :lol: I predicted her to be in F5... not F4..! :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 09:49:06 AM »
OKAY. I just watched the Round 1. To hell with Randy. That was SO UNPROFESSIONAL. Picking on Haley.

I THOUGHT HALEY'S PERFORMANCE TOUCHED ME AND WAS NOT THE WORST AMONG THE FOUR. WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM???

:knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles:

GO HALEY FANS. GO HALEY FANS. VOTE. VOTE AND PROVE THAT DAWG WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! :meow: :meow:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »
I am officially PISSED OFF with Randy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt he was picking on Haley. I thought I might have been too personal. But seriously, he's been picking on Haley ALL SEASON. Not only this week, but last week when she did You and I, two weeks ago when she did Beautiful, and goodness knows how many more weeks. I just feel that he's extremely biased against Haley. At that moment, I felt really bad for her. Sigh.

James
1. That was a nice, catchy, well-known song. But I didn't think it was his best performance. In fact, it felt that he kinda lost steam from the middle onwards and was yelling throughout the rest of the song.
2. He definitely redeemed himself from last week, not sure I loved the song, but it was a great performance. I especially loved the last part!

Haley
1. I thought she did a great job with the first performance. It was sincere and I could really feel her passion. Too bad Jennifer and Randy didn't like it, I did. And I sure hope America did as well.
2. I thought that she OWNED Round 2. But part of the reason was I hated the other 3 song choices. I was a little worried when I heard that she was doing that song (I remember Jordin Sparks slayed it on her season), I was like... What's Haley doing with a ballad? But wow, once again she came out strong and stunned me. It wasn't as good as House of the Rising Sun, but I thought it was the best performance of Round 2.

Scotty
1. I loved his first song, it reminded me of the very first week of the finals where he did The River. Nice, sincere, and a little up-tempo, something different from the ballads he's been doing the past few weeks.
2. I thought that his performance was more entertaining than it was impressive. It was a nice performance to watch, it made me laugh, but song wise... I didn't like the song.

Lauren
1. I thought that she did great on the first song, once again, it was heartfelt and absolutely suited her. It could have been a little safe, though.
2. I liked it that she broke out of her comfort zone, but I just didn't like the song. But I appreciate that she did something different to show a different side of her.

I felt that they should have switched Round 1 and Round 2. I really couldn't stand the song selections for the second round, no offence. I enjoyed the inspirational songs so much more.

DialIdol shows that Scotty and Lauren are safe. There goes my dreams of Scotty going home, sigh. Previously, I thought that the only other person in danger of going home besides Haley is James. But I think he did a relatively good job this week and I'm sure his voters would vote like mad (female voters vote more, generally). So I think it's pretty clear that Haley would be going home. Unless something out of the world happens... Geez. But she DOES NOT deserve to go home at all. That's just the way the votes work. Sigh.

I'd think the bottom two would be James and Haley. But I get this strange feeling that Idol is somehow trying to promote James (look at the number of last slots he's been given throughout the season). They might not have any bottom two again, but announce the results at random. Hmm.

I'm just hoping Lauren doesn't go home, if not there'll be no more hope of having a female winner this season. Ahhhhh.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 11:06:42 AM »
And I'm thinking, Scotty could well be the next Taylor Hicks. I was looking at DialIdol which has Taylor Hicks leading every week, just like Scotty. I won't be surprised if Scotty takes the whole season. Yawn.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »
And I'm thinking, Scotty could well be the next Taylor Hicks. I was looking at DialIdol which has Taylor Hicks leading every week, just like Scotty. I won't be surprised if Scotty takes the whole season. Yawn.

The good thing is, all 4 of them >>> Taylor Hicks.

They all fit the criteria of an Idol, to be able to perform, appeal to GENERAL masses. I was also a little disappointed with Hayley today.. she didn't handle it too gracefully and that's going to have a negative impression.

But I will be fiesty too if A JUDGE keep picking at me!!!!!! :meow: :meow: :meow: :meow:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 11:34:05 AM »

The good thing is, all 4 of them >>> Taylor Hicks.

They all fit the criteria of an Idol, to be able to perform, appeal to GENERAL masses. I was also a little disappointed with Hayley today.. she didn't handle it too gracefully and that's going to have a negative impression.

But I will be fiesty too if A JUDGE keep picking at me!!!!!! :meow: :meow: :meow: :meow:

I just wouldn't be happy if Scotty won 'cos I'd be affected by the fact that other people should have won over him. But well, it's not the finale yet. We'll see!

Yeah, it's true on the Haley part. But I think that's just her character! Lol.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 11:57:53 AM »
http://twitter.com/#!/search/Haley

Haley is trending on Twitter for Singapore... HMM?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 12:09:44 PM »
Please don't let Scotty win.  :groan: I see your point Ruth.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
http://twitter.com/#!/search/Haley

Haley is trending on Twitter for Singapore... HMM?

Seriously?! That's interesting. But not like we Singaporeans can do much anyway. Lol.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 06:38:36 PM »
Sinaporeans have good taste!  :yess:

I cannot understand Randy. EVERY single WEEK he has something bad to say about Hayley I was so happy that she came back and blew her song into the stratosphere! She was FIERCE!  :yess:

She probably will go tonight, James is not going anywhere but he could be in the bottom 3 IF they show us who really IS in the bottom 3. No more putting Scotty there as a ploy.

Thinking about Hayley, it will hurt her feelings to go tonight but in the long run it might be the best thing for her. The judging and criticism has been all over the place and she needs to do what she thinks is best for her and do her own thing. She's a star in the making, we'll hear much more from her, no matter what happens on AI.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 06:44:15 PM »
Probably she like Pia will be better off to get away from the craziness that is AI this year. I think Randy's problem is that they want him to have a more vocal and critical role (sort of the Simon replacement) because Steven is sure not going to do that. Unfortunately this exposes the fact that Randy has never been much of a judge. He should go back to his "we got a hot one here tonight!" and "what's up dawg" mantras.  :lol:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 08:07:15 PM »
Shock! Spoiler.

Don't read if you don't want to know the final 3. Really, do not read below if you don't want to know the results!

Highlight between the asterisks with your mouse.
*In a shocking development, Hayley, Lauren, Scotty, top 3. James is sent home! *

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 08:07:43 PM »
:o

*Scotty* really won't go away!

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 08:12:28 PM »
Without spoiling....I was hoping that person would be the one to go this week.   :yess:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »
But i think as the singers get lesser and lesser, we have votes moving to different contestants. I actually feel that Scotty and James appeal to different masses and that their votes will always sort of remain the same. As for Hayley and Lauren, they're more current and will attract more votes.

In this case, i think Hayley and Lauren got most of Jacob's votes when he was voted off last week.

I think a guy will be leaving tomorrow. Have a feeling it's James, but at the same time, you have Hayley who has been struggling for weeks? :lol: I predicted her to be in F5... not F4..! :lol3:

Who needs DialIdol when you have Joab. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
I like the fact they did not reveal the Bottom 2 as well. I really DO NOT know who's going home.

HALEY. YOU'RE AWESOME. I like Haley and Lauren equally and I'm telling you HALEY AND LAUREN ARE HERE TO STAY.

I think this is the FIRST TIME EVER I have 2 favourites in the FINAL THREE of AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
Give it up to our prognosticators!  :wohoo:  I didn't see this coming at all!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 02:15:44 AM »
I suspect James votes will go to Lauren mostly. Not to Haley because most James fans will think she robbed him from the Top 3. Not Scotty because most will think that Scotty has so many fans after all.

With this, Lauren will probably be the first one SAFE next week.

Haley VS Scotty, kinda obvious. Of course i hope Haley makes it to F2.. but it's a tough fight. Of course in Season 6 Melinda didn't make Top 2 as well.. but she's a female and generally garner lesser votes.

So I believe that a girl will definitely get eliminated next week. Scotty VS Lauren F2, with ALL/MOST of Haley's votes going to Lauren.

With Haley's votes, Lauren =  :wohoo:

3rd - Haley
2nd - Scotty
WINNER - Lauren

:wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 02:30:42 AM »
You are probably right Joab but I would love to see a Lauren vs Haley final 2.  I think voters really were mad at the judges for the treatment of Haley which increased her votes.  The same think happened in Season 6 with Jordin.  During Idol Gives Back it looked like she was going to be eliminated and her votes soared.  It also happened in Season 7, David Cook  :hearts: was put down by Simon and he won  :hearts: (had to add the  :hearts: because I know you think David A. was robbed).

I also think Idol producers have manipulated when each has sung to help the votes.

Can't wait until next week.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 02:40:59 AM »
You are probably right Joab but I would love to see a Lauren vs Haley final 2.  I think voters really were mad at the judges for the treatment of Haley which increased her votes.  The same think happened in Season 6 with Jordin.  During Idol Gives Back it looked like she was going to be eliminated and her votes soared.  It also happened in Season 7, David Cook  :hearts: was put down by Simon and he won  :hearts: (had to add the  :hearts: because I know you think David A. was robbed).

I also think Idol producers have manipulated when each has sung to help the votes.

Can't wait until next week.

Oh, i didn't care about Season 7. I was particularly shocked because i thought David A was going to win with all those good comments but in the end Cook won! And i'm sure glad because Cook's more talented, definitely.

I want a Haley VS Lauren F2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!