Archive > The Amazing Race 18 Spoilers and Speculation

EP11/12 FINALE East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**

<< < (40/40)

Chateau d If:
:keeta:Reunion!!     :keeta:
Let's start with this:

Opps,  carry on over in the Miami Reunion thread in discussions

Reilly Queens:

--- Quote from: Dånooky on May 08, 2011, 09:37:09 PM ---Now that I think about it, did CBS plan for the finale to be two hours so that JenKisha's win coincided with Mothers' Day?

--- End quote ---

It was most likely planned like that so Survivor could have its Finale the next Sunday.

stageman96:
One thing I like to think about is the Kisha and Jen are competitors. Their unfinished business was not winning the race.
Gary and Mallory really wanted the experience. They weren't ultra competitive. Their unfinished business was not FINISHING the race :)

so a very happy ending indeed!!  :hearts:

apskip:

--- Quote from: Kandace on May 09, 2011, 11:15:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dånooky on May 08, 2011, 09:37:09 PM ---Now that I think about it, did CBS plan for the finale to be two hours so that JenKisha's win coincided with Mothers' Day?

--- End quote ---

It was most likely planned like that so Survivor could have its Finale the next Sunday.

--- End quote ---
Yes, I am sure Kandace is right. CBS works backwards from the end of the May sweeps period and schedules the Survivor finale on the final Sunday. That leaves one Sunday prior for the Amazing Race finale. For AR18 this meant based on when it started (dictated to a large extent by editing time needed) that one Sunday would need a 2 hour double episode telecast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version