Author Topic: TAR 18 EP 12 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida)>>THIS IS FOR FLORIDA  (Read 141095 times)

Offline AmazingRace n00b

• RFF Not So Newbie
This was the most telling phrase for me, I don't think he is disagreeing with peach.  :lol:

Keoghan: Yes. We always like to put in challenges that require teams to have to think, for sure. This one is not as blatant as other seasons we have done, where we've really made it a "take yourselves back and remember when you did this, that and the other."

I read that as not a "put things in order from the season" like TAR 9 or 12 or 13 or 14, etc. but more like TAR 5 or 11 or something we haven't seen.

Do you mean a modular home peach? There are plenty of those on Key Largo.

I assumed she meant a trailer like a movie trailer.  Like maybe they have to piece together a set of clips to make a trailer for a specific episode, but there are other clips from other episodes thrown in as well and they have to pick out the ones that don't belong.

Offline lovetherace

• RFF Not So Newbie
Or a boat trailer?

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
Something that I remembered, and can't get out of my head, is how Kisha/Jen got U-Turned in their original season because Tammy/Victor couldn't outrun them (in that one infamous China leg's Pit Stop footrace)......and the GTs got beat in a footrace in their original season by Sam/Dan (to a Pit Stop).

Plus, it's hilarious how the preview that states "photo finish" gave away something completely huge....which was mentioned already in either in this thread or somewhere else.

What was the "something completely huge"?  I'm lost... :duno:

The vaguest of hints....maybe? Don't over-think it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Somebody (Zev and Justin?) has to play catch up because of a mistake. (Switching detours?)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Twitter entry from 1 hour ago:
murtzjaffer Murtz Jaffer
Time for my official Amazing Race finale prediction. I think that Gary and Mallory will become first father/daughter team to win!

One hour earlier, he also twittered that he was in San Diego for the wedding of Meghan and Cheyne.

jiajia12

Erinn from Survivor mentioned on a Pod Cast,That she'll ask Mallory for .....  to goto premier of 180..
speculations :<3

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member

This picture is on the CBS homepage when you click on The Amazing Race where it's scheduled on the right side of the page (along with 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, and CSI: Miami). Then, if you go to the TAR page, there's another photo of the GTs and Gary/Mallory at the Brazilian drinks Detour. Hmmmm......

And, you're on the right track, Prophet.

Edit again...I didn't realize this photo was posted in the Brazil thread. How they placed these two photos is just strange, to me personally.  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:40:29 PM by florida »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Well I rethought the clue and decided it probably has something to do with the finale. Phil did say the lead would change several times.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
One hour earlier, he also twittered that he was in San Diego for the wedding of Meghan and Cheyne.

Awww It took them long enough to tie the knot, sheez! LOL  Happy for them! Perfect couple.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Something that I remembered, and can't get out of my head, is how Kisha/Jen got U-Turned in their original season because Tammy/Victor couldn't outrun them (in that one infamous China leg's Pit Stop footrace)......and the GTs got beat in a footrace in their original season by Sam/Dan (to a Pit Stop).

Plus, it's hilarious how the preview that states "photo finish" gave away something completely huge....which was mentioned already in either in this thread or somewhere else.

What was the "something completely huge"?  I'm lost... :duno:

The vaguest of hints....maybe? Don't over-think it.

A team catches up to the leading team at the end for a "photo finish"?  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Marina Stadium pics taken yesterday....

compare to this one...

Chateau now believes that it IS a match...if so, that would mean that the RB was at Marina Stadium...and the "build a Trailer" would refer to a boat trailer?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Predictions need to be in the Finale Spec thread please!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,24308.0.html
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:27:40 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
NEW sports promo up in post 2!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
@ 0.08 in the sports promo, is Big Easy carrying a camera?

Is this the 'photo finish' we are looking at?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
You WILL be seeing this place tonight!!

Underwater task...  possibly done by one team member.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
So they get the roadblock clue at the marina and drive down to largo to do it at Jules Undersea Lodge?

It looks like a really cool place, and the kind of thing they usually showcase in the finale's procedural roadblock.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
So they get the roadblock clue at the marina and drive down to largo to do it at Jules Undersea Lodge?

It looks like a really cool place, and the kind of thing they usually showcase in the finale's procedural roadblock.

We know that Jen won't be doing that one!  :lol3:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
It's funny because the first roadblock involved scuba diving...

Offline countryboy270

• RFF Not So Newbie
Reports coming out of Union County, KY (Morganfield) is that Gary and Mallory won, with donating the money to help start up a Catholic high school that is being talked about built. All of the ervins attended the lone catholic elementary and middle school (St. Anns K-8th) but there is only 1 high school in Union County.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Reports coming out of Union County, KY (Morganfield) is that Gary and Mallory won, with donating the money to help start up a Catholic high school that is being talked about built. All of the ervins attended the lone catholic elementary and middle school (St. Anns K-8th) but there is only 1 high school in Union County.

That make's their winning all the sweeter! LOVE IT!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
They may be the best winners ever! They have truly enjoyed the Race because they were true fans as well as loving each place they visited. They also showed the world how to get along with each other and other teams and have fun while running a very competitive and strong race.
And they did not do it all for the money but to have fun, be together, and perform well.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

That make's their winning all the sweeter! LOVE IT!

What a selfless act. If this is true, I will be happy to share in the celebration of their win. As Prophet has said, they are true fans of the show. I think both Gary & Mallory represent the true fan that never misses an episode

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I am neither confirming nor denying anything!!

But ALL sources at this stage should be viewed with a critical eye. ;)

And remember, there are two legs tonight, so another FIRST PLACE MAT before our FINAL THREE photo finish!!

AND THIS  IS NOT THE SPECULATION THREAD! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
I've missed out on all the fun, but thankfully got back in time for the finale!  Can't wait.  While I hope it's Gary and Mallory or Jen and Kisha, I'm going to mentally prepare myself for a Globetrotters win.  A team I've wanted to win has never won TAR.  Surprisingly TARUB had six of those teams return. :)

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful race.  I started following the board around the time y'all were getting Australia tweets and it was amazing to see it unfold.

---
Related to this thread and on topic - it would be cool if the "sort of" memory task was an underwater one!